Official iPhone: RIP Steve Jobs.. Jailbreak Avail for 5.0(Page 1)

hey nt, got a bit of problem, hopefully someone can help. None of the apps that I downloaded from the app store seem to be working, they are all crashing whilestarting up. But all apps I got from cydia and installous are working fine. Any suggestions?

Originally Posted by Worlds Enemy

Thanks retro. But I can't get past the activation process. Does this matter?
yeah it does, if you cannot activate then you have not successfully jailbroken your iphone. Describe your activation process, with pics or somemore details.

When I connect it the comp, itunes opens up and says to get activated with AT&T (so getting a rate plan and all that). But I want to bypass that for thereasons mentioned before. So does that mean I have to bypass activation AND THEN jailbreak/unlock?

ok now i see what you are saying. Put your iphone into DFU so itunes can detect it as in recovery mode.
heres how.
http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=1034

after its in DFU, plug it into itunes and click shift restore on your keyboard, then find the firmware you have downloaded from the first link i sent you. Nowfollow the whole tutorial.

Originally Posted by CWrite78

Originally Posted by kmn2008

How much should one pay for an unlocked iphone?

apple is selling 8GB for 600 and 16GB for 700 without a contract.

yeah but arent their catches?

plus, you have to already have att to buy it.

Just switched to AT&T and got the iPhone. What's the deal with custom ringtones? I know how to cut my AAC/MP3 files on iTunes to 30-45 sec files... andI've been reading that you can just change the file extension to .m4r and it'll show up on iTunes under Ringtones. But, I've read that people havebeen having issues deleting custom ringtones from their iPhone. Any help would be appreciated.

Before people point me to the front page, I know how to make and get custom ringtones onto my iPhone... I just want to know if their is any risks or issues indoing that as I have a stock iPhone and don't plan to hack it or anything.

BTW, I've got the latest iTunes version and my iPhone is up to date as well.

Originally Posted by SuperSaiyan415

My phone says no sim when it was working until now. Any help would be appreciated.

More info would be appreciated.

2g or 3g
Unlock w/ yellowsn0w or quickpwn (2g)

T-Mobile or other SIM carrier?

Originally Posted by xSupreme

Just switched to AT&T and got the iPhone. What's the deal with custom ringtones? I know how to cut my AAC/MP3 files on iTunes to 30-45 sec files... and I've been reading that you can just change the file extension to .m4r and it'll show up on iTunes under Ringtones. But, I've read that people have been having issues deleting custom ringtones from their iPhone. Any help would be appreciated.

Before people point me to the front page, I know how to make and get custom ringtones onto my iPhone... I just want to know if their is any risks or issues in doing that as I have a stock iPhone and don't plan to hack it or anything.

BTW, I've got the latest iTunes version and my iPhone is up to date as well.

1. Find your song
2. Right click > Get Info > Options > Check BOTH "Start Time" and "End Time"
3. Select The interval of 15-20seconds you want as a ringtone.
4. Click Ok!
5. Right click the song Click "Convert selection into AAC"
6. New Song file pops up right under the original song.
7. Drag New file onto desktop
8. Right click "get info", change file extension from Ringtone.M4A to "Ringtone.M4R", warning will pop up and click "USE M4R"
9. Close itunes 7.6
10. Click on the ringtone file on your desktop!! FREE Custom Ringtones on your iPhone.
11. Those having trouble with customeringtones and the last step, go to step 12
12.You MUST change the extension. Your Windows will not be set to show extensions so you will only be renaming the file which is USELESS. PLEASE FOLLOW THESESTEPS.
13. Open MY COMPUTER and go to TOOLS -> FOLDER OPTIONS at the top
14. Go to the VIEW tab and it should open up a long list. UNCHECK THE BOX "HIDE EXTENSIONS FOR KNOWN FILE TYPES"
15. RESUME TO STEP 8 FROM THE PREVIOUS LIST.

ALSO REMEMBER TO KEEP YOUR RINGTONES 25 SECONDS AND UNDER OR IT WON'T SHOW UP

Damn, just realized that my GBA ROMS tutorial is on the first page
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

No credit given FTL!
smh.gif
laugh.gif

This new jailbreaking process is a joke imo.

Does the "Disable Partition" box have to be checked? I think that is whats making me not get into DFU mode correctly. Or what size do I have to putit on?

Originally Posted by CWrite78

How much should one pay for an unlocked iphone?

apple is selling 8GB for 600 and 16GB for 700 without a contract.

yeah but arent their catches?

plus, you have to already have att to buy it.

uh, if there were catches i would have stated them. like i said, apple is selling their phones unlocked (possibly pushing out inventory for w/e is happening injune). att is selling them also, but only to att customers (could be wrong, but your best bet is going to apple)

Originally Posted by SJSneakerheadIII

Does the "Disable Partition" box have to be checked? I think that is whats making me not get into DFU mode correctly. Or what size do I have to put it on?
are you using pwnagetool? if so im not familiar with it seeing it as i have PC. But to try to answer your question, typically the phone has a600-700MB partition, you can raise it higher (which i believe it should be at around 800-900). I have not yet been able to do so since winpwn with 2.0
As far as phone getting into DFU mode, you can do it yourself.

hope that helps

Originally Posted by retro23phan

Originally Posted by SJSneakerheadIII

Does the "Disable Partition" box have to be checked? I think that is whats making me not get into DFU mode correctly. Or what size do I have to put it on?
are you using pwnagetool? if so im not familiar with it seeing it as i have PC. But to try to answer your question, typically the phone has a 600-700MB partition, you can raise it higher (which i believe it should be at around 800-900). I have not yet been able to do so since winpwn with 2.0
As far as phone getting into DFU mode, you can do it yourself.

hope that helps
Thanks for responding to my post.
So basically, you can't go into DFU mode with OS 10.5.6 or something like that so you gotta do a few extra things.
So now I am set and it is taking forever to transfer all my apps and songs.
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom