Official iPhone: RIP Steve Jobs.. Jailbreak Avail for 5.0(Page 1)

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Something strange I notice last night, my phone is giving a new message tone to remind me that I have a new text. No big deal, right? Well it is because I did not install *ANY* apps like "SMSnotify". Last night my girl text me and I ignored it, than like 5mins later my phone gave a new message tone, so I went to check it and it was my girl but the same message, no new messages as if it was reminding me I have a new message, strange, but DOPE! Its been happening all this morning with all the "happy thanksgiving" messages I have been getting, my phone is reminding me I have a new message.

Anybody else have this happen to them?
I have a LOCKED phone and my phone does this....
It's something Apple adedd in one of the updates... if you don't look at a new text, then this happens if you just let it sit there

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ii2cky

live poker
smokin.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

wait live poker? what ya talkin bout

basically facebook poker on iPhone

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

Something strange I notice last night, my phone is giving a new message tone to remind me that I have a new text. No big deal, right? Well it is because I did not install *ANY* apps like "SMSnotify". Last night my girl text me and I ignored it, than like 5mins later my phone gave a new message tone, so I went to check it and it was my girl but the same message, no new messages as if it was reminding me I have a new message, strange, but DOPE! Its been happening all this morning with all the "happy thanksgiving" messages I have been getting, my phone is reminding me I have a new message.

It's something Apple adedd in one of the updates... if you don't look at a new text, then this happens if you just let it sit there

pimp.gif
actually ive always had this, even before i jailbroke, before 2.2

Originally Posted by chr1scross

pimp.gif

Likewise. It only reminds you once, in case you didn't hear the tone the first time.

Yo I got all the apps. My favorites games: Flick fishing, Live Poker, Asphalt 4 was prety good, Nanosaur 2, FS5 Hockey, TRACE, Cube Runner, Face Melter,LINERIDER. Bugdom 2 was a waste...

Favorite Utilities: Shazam, Air Mouse, Instapaper, Wordy, Air Sharing, Study Cards, WeDict, WIKIPANION (FTW), flashlight, Currency, Remote, Calc

Other randoms: Google Earth, WorldWiki, Converter, To Do, Big Oven, Ambiance (white noise is the same thing and free), NY Times,

Educational Programs: Oh god they are all so good. Mostly Wikipanion, but all the medical programs are amazing (except Netter's -100$ FTL)...

Originally Posted by tha23greatest

My phone also does this I thought I was the only one

same here. its maaad annoying when you get a text when you ignore and it your phone rings again 5 minutes later and i think i got a new text and its the samedamn message sitting there
laugh.gif

I just noticed this-

on my first gen iphone, at the top of the screen where the battery indicator is, there is this new symbol to the left of the battery sign. It looks like thephone symbol lying down over 7 dots, 4 in the top row and 3 in the bottom. I know this might be a bad description, but does anyone know what I am talkingabout and what this means?

Thank you

Originally Posted by roman736

pimp.gif

Likewise. It only reminds you once, in case you didn't hear the tone the first time.

Yo I got all the apps. My favorites games: Flick fishing, Live Poker, Asphalt 4 was prety good, Nanosaur 2, FS5 Hockey, TRACE, Cube Runner, Face Melter, LINERIDER. Bugdom 2 was a waste...

Favorite Utilities: Shazam, Air Mouse, Instapaper, Wordy, Air Sharing, Study Cards, WeDict, WIKIPANION (FTW), flashlight, Currency, Remote, Calc

Other randoms: Google Earth, WorldWiki, Converter, To Do, Big Oven, Ambiance (white noise is the same thing and free), NY Times,

Educational Programs: Oh god they are all so good. Mostly Wikipanion, but all the medical programs are amazing (except Netter's -100$ FTL)...

These notifications are annoying, I rather have just one.

Please help me...I'm so close.

My phone... 3G firmware 2.2 purchased fully unlocked from apple store.

I used the PUSHER from RiPDEV to put installer on my iphone.

BUT every time I try to add a source it won't work and when I install packages nothing happens. I.E. I installed a springboard theme package...but there isnothing added, no icons, no settings nothing.

PLEASE give me some advice.
If I understand I have to 'downgrade' to firmware 1.1.4???? Then what?

for all those looking for free apps... UNO!!!(here i come)

open cydia..
click on manage.. go to sources..
click on edit.. and click add..
add this repo.... http://cydia.hackulous.us/

then dl installous and the mobile installer..

now you can just use installous to get apps instead of going to through safari

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

BUT every time I try to add a source it won't work and when I install packages nothing happens. I.E. I installed a springboard theme package...but there is nothing added, no icons, no settings nothing.

nobody uses Installer anymore.. try cydia.

Originally Posted by mattbrink

I just noticed this-

on my first gen iphone, at the top of the screen where the battery indicator is, there is this new symbol to the left of the battery sign. It looks like the phone symbol lying down over 7 dots, 4 in the top row and 3 in the bottom. I know this might be a bad description, but does anyone know what I am talking about and what this means?

Thank you
its the symbol for hearing impaired

Originally Posted by just reason

BUT every time I try to add a source it won't work and when I install packages nothing happens. I.E. I installed a springboard theme package...but there is nothing added, no icons, no settings nothing.

what will i need to do to organize cydia on my phone? will it involve jailbreaking?

thanks man

Originally Posted by just reason

what will i need to do to organize cydia on my phone? will it involve jailbreaking?

thanks man

yes.

Originally Posted by kingofny04

Originally Posted by roman736

pimp.gif
These notifications are annoying, I rather have just one.
Wow, making me feel like a complete idiot,
laugh.gif
smh.gif
, like I said, I never had this happen before, I wouldn't get a reminder tone for a new textmessage so I thought it was strange that all of the sudden I was getting them.

Yo I just upgraded to 2.2. I had a jailbroken 3g and now it reset my phone. I don't have my camara or photo's icon anymore?

What do I do? and my settings, maps, weather etc....

HELP!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by jefffort5

ok now i get a 1604 error.....what to do now???

Damn, can someone help the homie? I think that in your case though the reason you keep getting these different errors is because it depends on the version thatyou're trying to restore to and also the version of itunes that you're using. There was a link in the other iphone thread that told you what version ofitunes you had to have for the different versions, had links too..... I think

Originally Posted by SUCKAFREE85

Yo I just upgraded to 2.2. I had a jailbroken 3g and now it reset my phone. I don't have my camara or photo's icon anymore?

HELP!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by SUCKAFREE85

HELP!!!!!!!
Strange. If you can, back up and restore your phone.

pimp.gif
I think that was part of the 2.1 update...

Originally Posted by rafsjays

pimp.gif
I think that was part of the 2.1 update...
Yes it was.. no one just never paid attention to it, but I did.

Back
Top Bottom