***Official Iron Man 2 Movie Thread*** Go Watch It!!!!

Originally Posted by OneSole

Originally Posted by FriscoSoLE09

Scarlett in the movie was freaking sick. She's hot and tough, what more can you ask? But the movie over all was cool, worth the money. The Captain America Shield was interesting to see and after the credits? Getting better and better.

I didn't see Capt. America's shield.  What part was that at?
nerd.gif

its on Youtube if you cant remember that scene

Originally Posted by DR813

Originally Posted by OneSole

Originally Posted by FriscoSoLE09

Scarlett in the movie was freaking sick. She's hot and tough, what more can you ask? But the movie over all was cool, worth the money. The Captain America Shield was interesting to see and after the credits? Getting better and better.

I didn't see Capt. America's shield.  What part was that at?
nerd.gif

it was the part when Tony Stark was making the tube thingy and he needed something to hold it up. and then he reached into a box and pulled out the shield. it was kind of broken up so it was hard to notice, but the color was still on there and the star was on there as well.

That's right!  I had a feeling that it was something significant but I couldn't figure it out.  Thanks.

Originally Posted by illmaticsoulchild

Movie was basically what I expected. A basic thrill-fest with under-developed characters and a shotty plot.

Some impressions I had of the movie
Spoiler [+]
- Other than eye candy, Black Widow was completely useless.
- I may still be in the minority, but after seeing the first flick earlier this week, Howard was definitely a better Rhodey
- Whiplash and the drones were horrible villains. Iron Man has to have the worst rogue gallery out of the current crop of comic flicks
- Downey Jr. was excellent as Iron Man again, but Rockwell was on point in all his scenes as well
- Overall story was just ridiculous. Don't even get me started about the plot
- Mickey did a solid job, but even his skills couldn't break the shell of the awful writing of this character. Initially he actually came off as a sympathetic villain and somehow as the movie ran you began to care less and less about him
- Mjolnir at the end of the film was a nice touch, but I really wanted to actually see Thor (since a picture had already been released, shouldn't have been too much trouble)
- IMO, the original Iron Man trumps the sequel. Obviously an origin story will show greater character development, but I felt they really had a golden opportunity to advance the Tony Stark character in this film

QFT
The writing just didn't show up a lot of times. But then the first movie shot without a script, just plot points... I guess the story was too big to wing it, but the results were all over the place.

Scarlett isn't that good of an actress, but she's got a really strong screen presence. They figured out how to use her, but didn't have much for her to do. On the upside, she could kill it in the next movie.

I think every scene would've been about the same or better with Howard as Rhodey, except Cheadle in the suit works better than Howard in the suit.

Both Sams did their thing, though.

It's just there was no tension or sense of time in the whole movie. Every scene happened like a month apart from the next. I just wish there was some kind of urgency.

It felt like this movie had almost no connection to the first. All this talk about Tony's dad and that Vanko guy, but you never see young Vanko and Obidiah apparently never existed.

I still think Iron Man will be great in Avengers, but Iron Man 1 was probably a fluke.

Originally Posted by MrONegative

Movie was basically what I expected. A basic thrill-fest with under-developed characters and a shotty plot.

Some impressions I had of the movie
Spoiler [+]
- Other than eye candy, Black Widow was completely useless.
- I may still be in the minority, but after seeing the first flick earlier this week, Howard was definitely a better Rhodey
- Whiplash and the drones were horrible villains. Iron Man has to have the worst rogue gallery out of the current crop of comic flicks
- Downey Jr. was excellent as Iron Man again, but Rockwell was on point in all his scenes as well
- Overall story was just ridiculous. Don't even get me started about the plot
- Mickey did a solid job, but even his skills couldn't break the shell of the awful writing of this character. Initially he actually came off as a sympathetic villain and somehow as the movie ran you began to care less and less about him
- Mjolnir at the end of the film was a nice touch, but I really wanted to actually see Thor (since a picture had already been released, shouldn't have been too much trouble)
- IMO, the original Iron Man trumps the sequel. Obviously an origin story will show greater character development, but I felt they really had a golden opportunity to advance the Tony Stark character in this film

QFT
The writing just didn't show up a lot of times. But then the first movie shot without a script, just plot points... I guess the story was too big to wing it, but the results were all over the place.

Scarlett isn't that good of an actress, but she's got a really strong screen presence. They figured out how to use her, but didn't have much for her to do. On the upside, she could kill it in the next movie.

I think every scene would've been about the same or better with Howard as Rhodey, except Cheadle in the suit works better than Howard in the suit.

Both Sams did their thing, though.

It's just there was no tension or sense of time in the whole movie. Every scene happened like a month apart from the next. I just wish there was some kind of urgency.

It felt like this movie had almost no connection to the first. All this talk about Tony's dad and that Vanko guy, but you never see young Vanko and Obidiah apparently never existed.

I still think Iron Man will be great in Avengers, but Iron Man 1 was probably a fluke.
I could not disagree with you guys more.  Cheadle's performance as Jim Rhodes is way better than anything Howard could have provided.  Dude is just a quality actor you want a scene to see this rewatch when they were in the senate meeting.  He might not have the classic rhodes look but dude pulled it off great imho.  I think to choose whiplash as a villan was a gutsy move by marvel to instead of going for a big name like the mandarin or ultron both of which would probably not have translated well to film, they tried to expose more history on the stark name.  The battles weren't that intense save for the drone fest but I think Marvel did a great job with how they planned out the villan part.  There will def. be a 3rd and even a 4th installment enough time to gain momentum into introducing a big name villan.

I think the Justin Hammer character needed to be played by someone else, I would have put piven as a replacement because he's just one of those guys you like to hate.  Scarlett was ehh...she was there more for eye candy.  And as for the placement of just the hammer in the ending credits, there just trying to build up slowly towards the actual Thor movie.  I mean there are only a select few able to hold the damn thing so I think theres gonna be some kind of process where people will try but Donald Blake will come along or whoever they have as thor and pick it up and that will be in the actual movie.

Heard the movie was awful, heard theres a part where Robert Downey Jr is sitting around in the Ironman suit getting drunk, throwing bottles in the air and shooting them with his Ironman powers
laugh.gif

When Iron Man and War Machine get ready for the drone fight and they're arguing about the strat
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

Originally Posted by MrONegative

I could not disagree with you guys more.  Cheadle's performance as Jim Rhodes is way better than anything Howard could have provided.  Dude is just a quality actor you want a scene to see this rewatch when they were in the senate meeting.  He might not have the classic rhodes look but dude pulled it off great imho.  I think to choose whiplash as a villan was a gutsy move by marvel to instead of going for a big name like the mandarin or ultron both of which would probably not have translated well to film, they tried to expose more history on the stark name.  The battles weren't that intense save for the drone fest but I think Marvel did a great job with how they planned out the villan part.  There will def. be a 3rd and even a 4th installment enough time to gain momentum into introducing a big name villan.

I think the Justin Hammer character needed to be played by someone else, I would have put piven as a replacement because he's just one of those guys you like to hate.  Scarlett was ehh...she was there more for eye candy.  And as for the placement of just the hammer in the ending credits, there just trying to build up slowly towards the actual Thor movie.  I mean there are only a select few able to hold the damn thing so I think theres gonna be some kind of process where people will try but Donald Blake will come along or whoever they have as thor and pick it up and that will be in the actual movie.
I'll give you this much. I forgot to include that very first scene which I don't think Howard could handle as well. Cheadle is a better actor than Howard. I just think Howard's Rhodey and Stark had more chemistry. You could see the two of them going to a strip club together and being friends better than Cheadle's Rhodey. Yea, the writing didn't do him too many favors, but it is what it is. As for looks...Michael Jai White looks like Rhodey. Don Cheadle and Terrence Howard don't.
I think Sam did good, but yea Piven would've brought more life to this. Sam's a different kind of actor than this character. He can do more of a conniving deceitful bastard than an outright flashy @%$@. If they write him better, with more serious and tense scenes, he can do that better than Piven can. And they only had Scarlett, because no one's attracted to Gwyneth Paltrow.

What I thought would happen in this movie..happened.

The fight with Whiplash lasted a whole 20 seconds.
indifferent.gif

The first villain in the first Ironman got murked quick too, didnt expect such a short fight. Same thing happened in this movie. It might be something small to complain about, but really? A fight scene so short? I enjoyed the rest of the movie though.

Scarlet.
pimp.gif

There's no doubt that Cheadle is a much more superior actor, but the fact is in the original Iron Man, Howard really made the character his own. The chemistry between he and Downey Jr. was great and he really played the role of a conflicted friend very well.

Seriously, in this film, it's almost as if they just said, "who cares who the actor is, we need to get whoever it is in the War Machine suit ASAP!"

The addition of so many other new characters also hinders Cheadle from really shinning. I mean, I know that they're really pushing the Avengers movie, but in promoting it, they're basically hurting the core characters in Iron Man. Rather than having Black Widow, they should have focused more on Whiplash. Rather than the scenes w/ Nick Fury, they should have concentrated more on Rhodey.

In the end, Marvel is going to get exactly what they were aiming for (and probably more). A good setup for future Marvel flicks and a boat-load of earnings.

Still, Iron Man > Iron Man II

Originally Posted by Beast4ya

i was just thinking

for all my comic book readers

*how much money do you think a movie about the Civil War would make?

- i think it would be a all time high for marvel
I see this movie happening after the AVENGERS movie.I'm sure were gonna see some conflict and arguments hinting us about it.Who knows how great technology will be in the next 5 yrs...
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Overall I enjoyed this movie.  To me it definitely exceeded the first one.

I guess to most of people the story line seems to be a little more important than the action when it comes to an ACTION movie.  I was just looking forward to great action the minute i stepped into the theatre.  But the action is only great if it makes sense in the plot, which to me it did.  The Monaco scene sold me.  That part was awesome.

Is it me or am I the only that noticed a lot of the ideas of the scenes/plot that seemed to be taken/copied from The Dark Knight?

Examples:

Spoiler Alert!

-  the idea of turning over the Iron Man suit ------> the idea of turning over Batman before the Joker kills another victim
          -  the race car scene in Monaco (parts of it)  --------->  the Lamborghini scene in the Dark Knight  ( ***this one I could be reaching )
          -  the interrogation scene where Tony Stark was questioning Whiplash  ----------> the interrogation scene in the Dark Knight 

- 
the scene where Whiplash gets out of prison by blowing up a body double  ---------->  the scene where the Joker escapes from prison by blowing up a fat dude
          -  the idea where Justin Hammer uses Whiplash to go up against Iron Man------>the idea that Salvatore Maroni (the head of the Mafia) had to use the Joker to bring down 
             Batman ( ***this one I could be reaching )
          -  the Party where Iron Man gets drunk ----------->  the party scene in the Dark Knight where the Joker crashes it 
( ***this one I could be reaching )
          - 
the scene where Tony Starks was trying to trace the call from Whiplash  ---------->  the scene where Batman had to trace the call from the Joker near the end
          -  the scene where Iron Man was chased under the bridge and they were shooting up the cars ------------>the scene where Batman was riding the Batpod and shooting up the
             cars under the bridge to make way.
          -  near the end where Iron Man had to save Pepper from the exploding robot ----------> the scene where Batman had to save Rachel from blowing up to pieces

Other than that, I'm definitely going back to Imax to watch Iron Man 2 again
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

anyone else notice how tanned Hammer's hands were when he was talkin to Vanko in the hanger? It was almost as if he just finished rubbing self tanner over himself

Originally Posted by ThaKid125

anyone else notice how tanned Hammer's hands were when he was talkin to Vanko in the hanger? It was almost as if he just finished rubbing self tanner over himself

roll.gif

I noticed that too, dudes hands looked like oompa loompas

RunningoftheCarmines wrote:
Is it me or am I the only that noticed a lot of the ideas of the scenes/plot that seemed to be taken/copied from The Dark Knight?

Examples:

Spoiler Alert!

-  the idea of turning over the Iron Man suit ------> the idea of turning over Batman before the Joker kills another victim
          -  the race car scene in Monaco (parts of it)  --------->  the Lamborghini scene in the Dark Knight  ( ***this one I could be reaching )
          -  the interrogation scene where Tony Stark was questioning Whiplash  ----------> the interrogation scene in the Dark Knight 

- 
the scene where Whiplash gets out of prison by blowing up a body double  ---------->  the scene where the Joker escapes from prison by blowing up a fat dude
          -  the idea where Justin Hammer uses Whiplash to go up against Iron Man------>the idea that Salvatore Maroni (the head of the Mafia) had to use the Joker to bring down 
          -  the Party where Iron Man gets drunk ----------->  the party scene in the Dark Knight where the Joker crashes it 
          - 
the scene where Tony Starks was trying to trace the call from Whiplash  ---------->  the scene where Batman had to trace the call from the Joker near the end
          -  the scene where Iron Man was chased under the bridge and they were shooting up the cars ------------>the scene where Batman was riding the Batpod and shooting up the
          -  near the end where Iron Man had to save Pepper from the exploding robot ----------> the scene where Batman had to save Rachel from blowing up to pieces

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

roll.gif
the first thing my girl noticed was how tanned Hammer's hands were.

I mean, really? Such a bad look.

But the flick was good, it ain't seeing the first one.

Scarlett Johannsen, I love you.

Originally Posted by Ghenges

RunningoftheCarmines wrote:

Examples:

Spoiler Alert!

- 
          - 

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

Hey, Jon Favreau said it himself that he wanted to show Iron Man 2 with Imax scenes the same way as the Dark Knight but just didn't have the budget and time.  So i wasnt suprise that he got other ideas from it.  Thats how I got my points, based on his comment about the Dark Knight.  Right now he says he wants to do Iron Man 3 in 3D "like" Avatar.

I thought the movie was dope. Some of yall look too much into these comic book movies and expect great plots, we all should know their main focus is the action and cheesy one-liners. I too wish they woulda fleshed out Whiplash's character a little more but I still felt like they did an adequate job seeing as how many supporting characters they threw in this time. Scar-Jo's fight scene was bananas
eek.gif
and so was the Monaco race scene. The one thing I disliked is Nick fury's entire existence, it seems like the whole Avengers thing is gonna take 5 plus movies to build up, the movie really coulda went along fine without even mentioning the Avengers angle until the last Iron Man/Hulk/Thor/Captain America. I just hope when they finally bring it all together that it doesn't just seem like another X-Men movie

Overall I thought it was good, not better than the first one but still a good flick. I will purchase the Blu-Ray.

P.S. when he called Stan Lee Larry King I died laughing, no one I was with caught it
laugh.gif

i liked it.....i was entertained.

some people are too serious about the movie.

i do agree that the fight with whiplash didnt last long enough......that was my only complaint.

One thing I didn't get... When they escaped the dude from prison. Why did they bring that other dude in there? What was the point?

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

One thing I didn't get... When they escaped the dude from prison. Why did they bring that other dude in there? What was the point?

to make the guards think it was Vanko that died.  It was Hammer's guards who put him in there, hence the same prisoner number on the jumpsuit

Back
Top Bottom