***Official Iron Man 2 Movie Thread*** Go Watch It!!!!

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

One thing I didn't get... When they escaped the dude from prison. Why did they bring that other dude in there? What was the point?

To show that he died in prison when he actually escapes. They even showed how they had the same inmate number.

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

But what's the point in that when he's going to blow up his cell (and him), anyway?
to leave a dead body. the guy kind of resembled vanko, with the hair, build, jumpsuit #. with a dead body in there they could pass vanko off as dead.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Was it surreal for anyone else to see DJ AM in this?

Very surreal
smh.gif
this must of filmed that scene like a year ago

"It's funny how much a little prick can be annoying." --Sen. Stern

^ that @%!+ eating grin had me dying.

Originally Posted by RunningoftheCarmines

Originally Posted by Ghenges

RunningoftheCarmines wrote:
Is it me or am I the only that noticed a lot of the ideas of the scenes/plot that seemed to be taken/copied from The Dark Knight?

Examples:

Spoiler Alert!

-  the idea of turning over the Iron Man suit ------> the idea of turning over Batman before the Joker kills another victim
          -  the race car scene in Monaco (parts of it)  --------->  the Lamborghini scene in the Dark Knight  ( ***this one I could be reaching )
          -  the interrogation scene where Tony Stark was questioning Whiplash  ----------> the interrogation scene in the Dark Knight 

- 
the scene where Whiplash gets out of prison by blowing up a body double  ---------->  the scene where the Joker escapes from prison by blowing up a fat dude
          -  the idea where Justin Hammer uses Whiplash to go up against Iron Man------>the idea that Salvatore Maroni (the head of the Mafia) had to use the Joker to bring down 
             Batman ( ***this one I could be reaching )
          -  the Party where Iron Man gets drunk ----------->  the party scene in the Dark Knight where the Joker crashes it 
( ***this one I could be reaching )
          - 
the scene where Tony Starks was trying to trace the call from Whiplash  ---------->  the scene where Batman had to trace the call from the Joker near the end
          -  the scene where Iron Man was chased under the bridge and they were shooting up the cars ------------>the scene where Batman was riding the Batpod and shooting up the
             cars under the bridge to make way.
          -  near the end where Iron Man had to save Pepper from the exploding robot ----------> the scene where Batman had to save Rachel from blowing up to pieces

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

Hey, Jon Favreau said it himself that he wanted to show Iron Man 2 with Imax scenes the same way as the Dark Knight but just didn't have the budget and time.  So i wasnt suprise that he got other ideas from it.  Thats how I got my points, based on his comment about the Dark Knight.  Right now he says he wants to do Iron Man 3 in 3D "like" Avatar.

I have never seen so much reaching.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

good flick imo... 1 is better, but some of yall reaching saying its trash

only knock is character development between ivan and his dad, but yall not dumb, so use your imagination on what happened and why they were bitter

Howard Stark In "Captain America"

Jon Favreau has confirmed with MTV News that the character Howard Stark, father of "Iron Man" Tony Stark, will appear in Joe Johnston’s "Captain America: The First Avenger".

"Mad Men" star John Slattery plays Howard Stark in "Iron Man 2", a character who appears via a 1970's Stark Expo presentation video shot on a film reel that Nick Fury gives to Tony. A younger version of the character is expected to appear during the WW2 sequences in 'America'.

“Yeah, because he was around then. ['Captain America'] is World War II. It wouldn’t be that same actor, probably, because he would be much younger.[Howard Stark] was starting out during that time, and [he] was involved with the war effort, much like Howard Hughes

10 Piece Nuggets wrote:
Ghenges wrote:
Is it me or am I the only that noticed a lot of the ideas of the scenes/plot that seemed to be taken/copied from The Dark Knight?

Examples:

Spoiler Alert!

-  the idea of turning over the Iron Man suit ------> the idea of turning over Batman before the Joker kills another victim
          -  the race car scene in Monaco (parts of it)  --------->  the Lamborghini scene in the Dark Knight  ( ***this one I could be reaching )
          -  the interrogation scene where Tony Stark was questioning Whiplash  ----------> the interrogation scene in the Dark Knight 
          - 
the scene where Whiplash gets out of prison by blowing up a body double  ---------->  the scene where the Joker escapes from prison by blowing up a fat dude
          -  the idea where Justin Hammer uses Whiplash to go up against Iron Man------>the idea that Salvatore Maroni (the head of the Mafia) had to use the Joker to bring down 
          -  the Party where Iron Man gets drunk ----------->  the party scene in the Dark Knight where the Joker crashes it 
( ***this one I could be reaching )
          - 
the scene where Tony Starks was trying to trace the call from Whiplash  ---------->  the scene where Batman had to trace the call from the Joker near the end
          -  the scene where Iron Man was chased under the bridge and they were shooting up the cars ------------>the scene where Batman was riding the Batpod and shooting up the
          -  near the end where Iron Man had to save Pepper from the exploding robot ----------> the scene where Batman had to save Rachel from blowing up to pieces

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

Hey, Jon Favreau said it himself that he wanted to show Iron Man 2 with Imax scenes the same way as the Dark Knight but just didn't have the budget and time.  So i wasnt suprise that he got other ideas from it.  Thats how I got my points, based on his comment about the Dark Knight.  Right now he says he wants to do Iron Man 3 in 3D "like" Avatar.

I have never seen so much reaching.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Doesn't seem like he's reaching at all to me
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by RunningoftheCarmines

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Overall I enjoyed this movie.  To me it definitely exceeded the first one.

I guess to most of people the story line seems to be a little more important than the action when it comes to an ACTION movie.  I was just looking forward to great action the minute i stepped into the theatre.  But the action is only great if it makes sense in the plot, which to me it did.  The Monaco scene sold me.  That part was awesome.

Examples:

Spoiler Alert!

-  the idea of turning over the Iron Man suit ------> the idea of turning over Batman before the Joker kills another victim -----> Idea of Spidey turning over black suit before he stays EMO
          -  the race car scene in Monaco (parts of it)  --------->  the Lamborghini scene in the Dark Knight  ( ***this one I could be reaching ) -------->
Peter's moped
-----> interrogation scene with Sandman's wife questioning Sandman
          -  the scene where Whiplash gets out of prison by blowing up a body double  ---------->  the scene where the Joker escapes from prison by blowing up a fat dude------> scene where Spidey blows up Harry's face
---->  the idea that Norman had to use serum to go against Spidey
( ***this one I could be reaching )------->party scene at the Jazz club with Gwen
          -  the scene where Tony Starks was trying to trace the call from Whiplash  ---------->  the scene where Batman had to trace the call from the Joker near the end----->Spidey has spider-tracers in the comics( ***this one I could be reaching ) 
----->bridge against Goblin, Cars against Sandman, Venom put MJ in Car
          -  near the end where Iron Man had to save Pepper from the exploding robot ----------> the scene where Batman had to save Rachel from blowing up to pieces-----> Saves MJ from blowing up in Doc's base

movie was ehhhh, some parts were so corny, I was like "please dont say that corny line" before they even said it, kinda new it was comming
didnt like ironman 1, sorta like ironman 2, Favareu is a bum

the best part of the movie even involved super hero...........captain americas sheild
pimp.gif

The dialogue did get cheesey at times but I think Robert Downey did a good job handling the wit of Tony Stark

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

movie was ehhhh, some parts were so corny, I was like "please dont say that corny line" before they even said it, kinda new it was comming

the best part of the movie even involved super hero...........captain americas sheild
pimp.gif

In the beginning after he landed at his party, he dropped this one line like. "Out the ashes I rose, like the living incarnation of a Phoenix." ... he said it like it was a joke or something...
That's when I knew there were gonna be...complications. 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by MrONegative

pimp.gif

In the beginning after he landed at his party, he dropped this one line like. "Out the ashes I rose, like the living incarnation of a Phoenix." ... he said it like it was a joke or something...
ohwell.gif
CGI stage, CGI people, cheesy american flag in the back and cartoon-like lighting, I was cringing during that expo scene

Originally Posted by MrONegative

pimp.gif

ohwell.gif
CGI stage, CGI people, cheesy american flag in the back and cartoon-like lighting, I was cringing during that expo scene
The only thing that saved the beginning was Stan Lee as Larry King and that chick from Shooter giving him a 'subpoena' (>>ScarJo).

Originally Posted by sensaciondelbloque

Howard Stark In "Captain America"

Jon Favreau has confirmed with MTV News that the character Howard Stark, father of "Iron Man" Tony Stark, will appear in Joe Johnston’s "Captain America: The First Avenger".

"Mad Men" star John Slattery plays Howard Stark in "Iron Man 2", a character who appears via a 1970's Stark Expo presentation video shot on a film reel that Nick Fury gives to Tony. A younger version of the character is expected to appear during the WW2 sequences in 'America'.

“Yeah, because he was around then. ['Captain America'] is World War II. It wouldn’t be that same actor, probably, because he would be much younger.[Howard Stark] was starting out during that time, and [he] was involved with the war effort, much like Howard Hughes

Ironman 1 had the way better story but I thought the ending was too much of a Robocop 2 ripoff.

Ironman 2 had the way better ending and final battle

I enjoyed both movies.

Back
Top Bottom