+++OFFICIAL JAY Z THREAD+++

Lamar...em...nas...they all just get creative.

Jay is talning about actual things.

Wat album since 2007 is better than this.

Ill wait
That scarface album from 2 years ago deeply rooted
Could be in the conversation for being better
Kendrick is so damn overrated

Ill wait
I've always thought you were mentally challenged, you just solidified that. :lol:

Every studio album Kendrick has released is better than 4:44. This is Jay's best album in a very long time though.

Because he was never a great rapper imo :lol:
Carter II was his best work
Carter III was overrated

I don't think anyones denying how big he was, 50 did 1.1 his first week too and was also the biggest star for like 3 years straight, no one will call him top 5 either

McDonalds sells a billion burgers a day. They aren't the best at anything other than marketing and availability. Sales don't equal quality.

:lol: Who said he wasn't big?

50 was bigger than Wayne ever was and he ain't a goat either.

We never considered 50's appeal was his charisma and his knack for unfiltered beefs. Wayne was actually referred to as the best rapper. He's not in my top 5 but to act like he didn't have an undisputed era in hip hop is erroneous. Drake and Nicki are products of that Wayne era.

Ill wait

Pusha T "My name is my name"

We never considered 50's appeal was his charisma and his knack for unfiltered beefs. Wayne was actually referred to as the best rapper. He's not in my top 5 but to act like he didn't have an undisputed era in hip hop is erroneous. Drake and Nicki are products of that Wayne era.

That's because he called himself the best rapper and ****** just went with it. You have to take in the fact that most of lil Wayne's fans at the time were my age which was 15 when Carter 3 came out.

Where can I stream this outside of Tidal :nerd:

Edit - ^^ good looks.

Last edited:

That's because he called himself the best rapper and ****** just went with it. You have to take in the fact that most of lil Wayne's fans at the time were my age which was 15 when Carter 3 came out.

And people was calling 50 the best rapper too when GRODT dropped. That album being called a classic not long after it dropped.

Jay did the same exact thing calling himself the best rapper alive and people ran with it. Jay at his peak wasn't even better than Earl Simmons. His "retirement" had everybody in group think mode. Anybody who listened to hip hop from '05-'07 knows who ran hip hop with an iron fist during that time, no matter what age you were. It wasn't being self proclaimed that put him their either, it was lyricism.

And people was calling 50 the best rapper too when GRODT dropped. That album being called a classic not long after it dropped.

I was probably too young, but I never heard anyone call him that. But I'll say it was a classic the way he barged in the game and took over. Joint had too many hits, which was ultimately a problem.

Jay did the same exact thing calling himself the best rapper alive and people ran with it. Jay at his peak wasn't even better than Earl Simmons. His "retirement" had everybody in group think mode. Anybody who listened to hip hop from '05-'07 knows who ran hip hop with an iron fist during that time, no matter what age you were. It wasn't being self proclaimed that put him their either, it was lyricism.

Jay had a better right to call himself that. Name one classic Wayne album.

'03 was the beginning of the change in music. 50 was the last of the old guard, an NY rapper with street appeal. Get Rich or die trying is a classic because it's the last of an era before back pack rap and Atlanta took over hip hop. College Dropout and Thug Motivation 101 to be specific.

Not trying to hear an album about how Birdman was boning him
IDK about specifically hearing about the booty popping but the concept of Wayne getting introspective about how Birdman preyed on his weakness and vulnerability of not having a father from like age 8 till a few years ago is actually a great album idea and would probably be his magnum opus.

Da Carter....

The mix tapes though....plenty. Oh we can thank Wayne for mixtapes becoming mainstream as well.
I don't know how everybody feels about them, but I never saw Carter 2 as a classic. Hell, I thought Carter 1 was better.

IDK about specifically hearing about the booty popping but the concept of Wayne getting introspective about how Birdman preyed on his weakness and vulnerability of not having a father from like age 8 till a few years ago is actually a great album idea and would probably be his magnum opus.
Agreed. When I was first bought Tha Block Is Hot, his song Up to Me about his pops was one of my favorites. But his head is too fried to give us an album like that. Bruh not even really trying anymore.

roll.gif

The drought series was bigger than any Power of the dollar or DJ kay slay mixtape and that's just the drought series. Y'all are really flexing right now.
People wasn't really messing with dudes tapes like that before Dedication 2. Most of his fans can't even name em.

I don't know how everybody feels about them, but I never saw Carter 2 as a classic. Hell, I thought Carter 1 was better.

The Carter 1 is his best album and it's so raw lyricism wise. Everyone says the Carter 2 because that's the era when you started seeing Wayne everywhere. From hanging with the Dips to any and every DJ Khaled song/remix. Oh don't even get me started on remixes.....

Back
Top Bottom