+++OFFICIAL JAY Z THREAD+++

The drought series was bigger than any Power of the dollar or DJ kay slay mixtape and that's just the drought series. Y'all are really flexing right now.
Man these ****** are crazy hahahahaha. They're choosing personal preference over objectivity.

None of those tapes were as big (as in white girls knowing the words to Wayne's freestyles more than the OG song) as any Wayne tape 2008 and beyond. 

People wasn't really messing with dudes tapes like that before Dedication 2. Most of his fans can't even name em.

Dedication 2 had more buzz than most people's albums at the time, that's how hungry people were for new Wayne. A bygone era where ringtones ruled supreme and you had to wear clean socks with your see through Jordan's.

Man these ****** are crazy hahahahaha. They're choosing personal preference over objectivity.

None of those tapes were as big (as in white girls knowing the words to Wayne's freestyles more than the OG song) as any Wayne tape 2008 and beyond. 

Typical NT, we always play revisionist history. 80% of this thread bought Carter 3 the first week, I don't know what the fronting is for :lol:

"I don't post no threats on the internet, I just pose a threat...I don't be goin ham on the gram, givin information to the pork, that's all spam!" Too many subtle lines on this [emoji]127770[/emoji][emoji]128161[/emoji]song [emoji]128064[/emoji]

My favorite song, "Moonlight", Jay killed this joint and that embedded "ooh la la" fugees sample "bruh!" *Jay voice* so foolish! [emoji]127932[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128588[/emoji][emoji]127998[/emoji]

Last edited:
Typical NT, we always play revisionist history. 80% of this thread bought Carter 3 the first week, I don't know what the fronting is for :lol:

And 100% probably bought the GRODT and the Massacre what's your point? Again nobody denies how huge he was.

Dedication 2 had more buzz than most people's albums at the time, that's how hungry people were for new Wayne. A bygone era where ringtones ruled supreme and you had to wear clean socks with your see through Jordan's.
I mean nobody is downplaying how hot he was. I'm just saying even with the good mixtapes, his collection of work as a whole is bad. All those mixtapes weren't good.
Typical NT, we always play revisionist history. 80% of this thread bought Carter 3 the first week, I don't know what the fronting is for
laugh.gif
I can tell you I didn't. I downloaded it and hated it. It was trash, but nobody is denying that he had 

anyone think this will release on cd im not signing up to this crappy streaming service

i have yet to hear drakes more life since no cd

The drought series was bigger than any Power of the dollar or DJ kay slay mixtape and that's just the drought series. Y'all are really flexing right now.

Nah, ya'll _'s are just fractionally wrong. 50 became the biggest rapper in the game off his mixtapes. 50 Cent Is The Future, all those G-Unit radio tapes was big in every community. White kids in my HS was knew those songs. 50 was killing other peoples songs way before Wayne. You can go back and forth whether or not Wayne's was bigger but when ya'll keep acting like Wayne was the first to do this and that it's just not correct. He was the first YOU remember of cuz your age.

Last edited:
sqad up wayne and carter 1 wayne was the best IMO
also i prefer the young money mixtape over dedication 1
which drama basically used for dedication 1
dedication 2 was over rated
carter 2 while great
i preferred carter 1 over it
carter 3 woulda been dope if we woulda got it before the empire found it :lol:
i say all that to say this
julez santana missed an opportunity :smh:
dude coulda had waynes spot

So what are we denying then? Because 50's era was all about beefing. Why was Wayne as popular as he was, for kissing Baby?
I was talking about the greatest rapper alive thing. 
i mean
what a rapper supposed to say
I'm the second best rapper or 3rd best rapper alive???
who cares
i didn't like wayne cause of him saying that
i liked the music
btw
waynes best of me freestyle
is one of his top 3 freestyles EVER

Last edited:
i mean
who cares
i liked the music
btw
I wasn't arguing against him saying it. I was saying people were just rocking with him when he said that because he started saying it and because most of his fans were young when he was popping heavily. I don't think most here will gladly give him best rapper alive even at that time. I never did, and I have genuinely been listening to him since Tha Block Is Hot. Not to say he didn't have great music, but as a whole, his collection is trash.

Last edited:
Nah, ya'll _'s are just fractionally wrong. 50 became the biggest rapper in the game off his mixtapes. 50 Cent Is The Future, all those G-Unit radio tapes was big in every community. White kids in my HS was knew those songs. 50 was killing other peoples songs way before Wayne. You can go back and forth whether or not Wayne's was bigger but when ya'll keep acting like Wayne was the first to do this and that it's just not correct. He was the first YOU remember of cuz your age.

50 bars of pleasure 50 bars of pain, when I'm dead and gone ****** gone remember my name. 50

Last edited:

Stop. I bought GRODT with my own money out of Media Play. Im old enough to remember 50's mixtapes. I was bumping "Realest ******" before a bad boy's 2 soundtrack was even thought of. (50 and Em rapping to ridin spinners used to be my ****!) 50 had plenty of songs that people had never heard on those tapes. Wayne has club anthems that never were released beyond live mixtapes that are some of his biggest hits

sqad up wayne and carter 1 wayne was the best IMO
also i prefer the young money mixtape over dedication 1
which drama basically used for dedication 1
dedication 2 was over rated
carter 2 while great
i preferred carter 1 over it
carter 3 woulda been dope if we woulda got it before the empire found it :lol:
i say all that to say this
julez santana missed an opportunity :smh:
dude coulda had waynes spot

You know what's up Nawghty. I can't feel my face the album would've changed the world :smh:

i mean

who cares

i liked the music

btw

I wasn't arguing against him saying it. I was saying people were just rocking with him when he said that because he started saying it and because most of his fans were young when he was popping heavily. I don't think most here will gladly give him best rapper alive even at that time. I never did, and I have genuinely been listening to him since Tha Block Is Hot. Not to say he didn't have great music, but as a whole, his collection is trash.

That's what's funny about the young Wayne fans. You can be somebody that's liked Wayne since he was featured on How You Luv That but if you don't think he's goat you a hater.

What do y'all hear from juelz to make you believe he could've been an elite rapper? Dude is full of random incoherent verses.

Last edited:
That's what's funny about the young Wayne fans. You can be somebody that's liked Wayne since he was featured on How You Luv That but if you don't think he's goat you a hater.
Mainly because that's what people my age mostly grew up on. Everybody was bumping Dedication 2 in crazy when I first got to High School. 
What do y'all hear from juelz to make you believe he could've been an elite rapper? Dude is full of random incoherent verses.
I don't really remember since I don't listen to him anymore, but when I was I thought he was nice and definitely thought he would be big. ***** is just lazy

Last edited:

Stop. I bought GRODT with my own money out of Media Play. Im old enough to remember 50's mixtapes. I was bumping "Realest ******" before a bad boy's 2 soundtrack was even thought of. (50 and Em rapping to ridin spinners used to be my ****!) 50 had plenty of songs that people had never heard on those tapes. Wayne has club anthems that never were released beyond live mixtapes that are some of his biggest hits

Stop what? That's a f'n fact.

50 was the biggest in the game off of his tapes. His tapes was big. If you old enough you should know that. I smell p**** was big. Their remix of Victory was big. Realest N's was big. 50's remix of that LL song was big. You think his buzz was that huge just off of In The Club? That was the finishing touch.

You could say the same about Wayne and he blew up. 

Some of y'all really buggin the **** out with this Wayne slurpage. Lyrically, he's not there. Never was. Garbage bars all over his resume. 

Mainly because that's what people my age mostly grew up on. Everybody was bumping Dedication 2 in crazy when I first got to High School. 

Yeah and that's the thing about Wayne. He appealed to kids and HS kids more than a lot of rappers. His music was mostly about nothing but basic **** and it was clever and catchy.

Back
Top Bottom