+++OFFICIAL JAY Z THREAD+++

I swear you gotta take those NYC goggles off some time.. NYC didn't make everything hot

Are you serious? So you would rather be wrong, than be correct?

New York started the mixtape
Bad Boy started the label mixtape
Diplomats Vol 1 started the current mixtape trend
G-Unit took it to another level nationally and help popularize the artist mixtape

Those are facts b

It's like saying Christopher Columbus discovered America, when he was in the west indes and there were already people in both places.

Mainstream to the hip hop audience and mainstream to the world are diffeerent.

What mixtape Hell Rell or G-Unit cuts were teenage white girls singing lol.

To even get mixtapes back then you had to be into hip hop culture. In 2007 you had YouTube, MySpace which everyone used. Soulja Boy executed his whole marketing campaign to come up on those two sites.

With Wayne's era culminating with the rise of stuff like MySpace and us getting to put playlists and GIFs and all that on our profiles, it spread much faster than when y'all were passing around tapes at the lunch table no disrespect.

Please stop

Yeah, it wasn't nation wide it only got to Eminem. Helped him get a deal with Shaddy and go on to sell 10 million records . :rolleyes

where would you find a teenaged white girl perusing diplomats and g unit mixtapes in 2002-2003 :lol:

ofc a regional hit is gonna go nationwide after a label gets involved...

victory...puff has his ear to the streets and sees opportunity so him putting the hottest act at the time on his bad boy compilation shouldnt seem like some grand mainstream moment although that was dope

even still...one or two or five songs popping is not the same as "making the mixtape mainstream"...you just got hot songs

universal wasnt pushing wayne freestyles...they became bigger than the songs on their own

i go to some clubs and parties and they play waynes version of coco and that wasnt even his prime skill or relevance wise

Last edited:
Apparently there is going to be three bonus tracks, Adnis, one track with James Blake, and some other track.

where would you find a teenaged white girl perusing diplomats and g unit mixtapes in 2002-2003 :lol:

victory...puff has his ear to the streets and sees opportunity so him putting the hottest act at the time on his bad boy compilation shouldnt seem like some grand mainstream moment although that was dope

even still...one or two or five songs popping is not the same as "making the mixtape mainstream"...you just got hot songs

universal wasnt pushing wayne freestyles...they became bigger than the songs on their own

i go to some clubs and parties and they play waynes version of coco and that wasnt even his prime skill or relevance wise

Dude stop

So now rap is based around what white girls in Iowa think?

Rap has never been influenced on dependent on wether teenage white girls buy or listen to it.

You think teenage white girls cared about a Lil Wayne mixtape?

Mainstream to the hip hop audience and mainstream to the world are diffeerent.

What mixtape Hell Rell or G-Unit cuts were teenage white girls singing lol.

To even get mixtapes back then you had to be into hip hop culture. In 2007 you had YouTube, MySpace which everyone used. Soulja Boy executed his whole marketing campaign to come up on those two sites.

With Wayne's era culminating with the rise of stuff like MySpace and us getting to put playlists and GIFs and all that on our profiles, it spread much faster than when y'all were passing around tapes at the lunch table no disrespect.

Who cares about the opinion of teenage white girls? I hate n_ who think like this. They don't reflect hip hop :rolleyes

Why is this **** head putting teenage white girls on pedestals ?

Some of y'all boys different

Clue, Dips, G-Unit are the mixtape pioneers and those mixtapes were the catalyst to their mainstream success which further shaped how all street rappers came up in the game.

Pay homage

Taking about Wayne like he ain't steal his whole swag from the Dips at the height of his success

Last edited:
Dude stop

So now rap is based around what white girls in Iowa think?

Rap has never been influenced on dependent on wether teenage white girls buy or listen to it.

You think teenage white girls cared about a Lil Wayne mixtape?

i was in middle school w my own two eyes and ears i dont have to think anythig :lol:

myspace layouts with the playlists and celebrity graphics used to be the thing...every girl had some sort of wayne leak or mixtape cut on their ****

its a shame this era of urban culture isnt archived like that just from a nostalga point of view

245_1L-pink-lil-wayne.jpg

why do u think it was such an easy layup for nicki

some of yall should go back to listen to no ceilings and the 08 leaks and the dedication he dropped in 08 to really remember what songs we're discussing here...the way yall are in shock you'd think we were talking about squad up or 10k bars or something

Who cares about the opinion of teenage white girls? I hate n_ who think like this. They don't reflect hip hop :rolleyes

see the thing is youre absolutely right they dont reflect "hip hop" and often many wypipo are very late to whats hot no disrespect

but NT loves to bring up "mainstream" and then pulls this card when theyre forced to acknowledge that mainstream means everyone and not just your block or even your area of the nation...

especially in the context of white people likely being the biggest consumers of rap music since puff daddy

why did yall specifically bring up mainstream only to try and fall back on "white people dont matter" :lol: thats been my argument from the jump:

making something big in hip hop culture is not mainstream and its no knock to 50

Last edited:
Top 5 Dead or Alive:

1. 2Pac
2. Biggie
3. Nas
4. Jay-Z
5. Big Pun

In that order.
Repped

I did a top 50 in order a few weeks ago. That **** was hard as **** to do. I had Pun at like 5 but I think I had to move him some. Two albums ain't enough but damn that one album was crazy and I was one of the few that liked Yeeeah Baby
I am the ****, they just poop stains.
This is probably a Wayne bar I'm assuming. 

i was in middle school w my own two eyes and ears i dont have to think anythig :lol:

myspace layouts with the playlists and celebrity graphics used to be the thing...every girl had some sort of wayne leak or mixtape cut on their ****

its a shame this era of urban culture isnt archived like that just from a nostalga point of view

some of yall should go back to listen to no ceilings and the 08 leaks and the dedication he dropped in 08 to really remember what songs we're discussing here...the way yall are in shock you'd think we were talking about squad up or 10k bars or something
see the thing is youre absolutely right they dont reflect "hip hop" and often many wypipo are very late to whats hot no disrespect

but NT loves to bring up "mainstream" and then pulls this card when theyre forced to acknowledge that mainstream means everyone and not just your block or even your area of the nation...

especially in the context of white people likely being the biggest consumers of rap music since puff daddy

why did yall specifically bring up mainstream only to try and fall back on "white people dont matter" :lol: thats been my argument from the jump:

making something big in hip hop culture is not mainstream and its no knock to 50

So you were in middles school in the MySpace era when Wayne's tapes were huge? That explains why you're giving credit to Wayne

Last edited:

:lol: y'all _'s just love giving credit to who you love for some reason.

It's funny cuz I remember this white girl I used to flirt with buying bootleg CD's and mixtapes in school. Y'all think white kids ain't have any access to mixtapes til the internet? :lol:

We already ran down the list of big mixtape songs 50 had. How he got signed off of mixtapes. How he was the biggest off of mixtapes. Had the biggest buzz ever off mixtapes. Bet, MTV, black, white, Asians, animals whatever you want was hip to 50's mixtapes.

Again Wayne was the first in the downloading era when record sells started declining but he was not the first to make it mainstream.

So you were in middles school in the MySpace era when Wayne's tapes were huge? That explains why you're giving credit to Wayne

Yes.

He don't know much about pre 2006 hip hop. Lil Wayne is the world to these kids.

50 got signed and nobody was really checking for his mixtapes after him and G-unit were dropping albums

Wayne was the biggest star in the world and the wait for the Carter 3 made you invest in his mixtapes. Wayne is singlehandeldy responsible for live mixtapes.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom