+++OFFICIAL JAY Z THREAD+++

This gotta be one of the most overhyped albums ever. The OJ and Damian Marley tracks are the only songs I'm really feeling.

the whole album is 
pimp.gif

The fact that some people are saying the album is too short blows my mind.  Some of the best albums in the history of music have been 10 tracks or less.

MJ's Thriller

MJ's Off the Wall

Nas' Illmatic

Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon

Led Zeppelin IV

Marvin Gaye's What's Going On

Stevie Wonder's Innervisions

Curtis Mayfield's Superfly

AC/DC's Back In Black

Prince and the Revolution's Purple Rain

I could go on, but I think you get my point.  The idea that the album is too short and should be looked down upon for that is ridiculous to me.

The fact that some people are saying the album is too short blows my mind.  Some of the best albums in the history of music have been 10 tracks or less.

MJ's Thriller
MJ's Off the Wall
Nas' Illmatic
Led Zeppelin IV
AC/DC's Back In Black

I could go on, but I think you get my point.  The idea that the album is too short and should be looked down upon for that is ridiculous to me.
It depends. From a monetary standpoint and/ or anticipation standpoint, you can be disappointed with an albums length

MJ's Thriller
MJ's Off the Wall
Nas' Illmatic
Led Zeppelin IV
AC/DC's Back In Black

It's a current "trend" in the music industry also. You look at the best rated music the last 2-3 years and the run time is usually less than a hour. Drake didn't get that memo tho.

Yea less tracks usually leaves less from for filler. Always felt the perfect albums are usually between 10-13 tracks. There have been great albums longer than that but that's the sweet spot imo.

It's a current "trend" in the music industry also. You look at the best rated music the last 2-3 years and the run time is usually less than a hour. Drake didn't get that memo tho.

for artists still in their commercial prime like drake and weeknd it benefits them more to stuff as many hits as they can on an album and hope that they catch more hits

khaled just did the same and he could have had a classic (for the type of albums he makes) the way that all his singles were hot. he coula have just put the 10 best joints he did this past year on there.

but it comes down to that streaming money vs. a solid concise listen

for artists still in their commercial prime like drake and weeknd it benefits them more to stuff as many hits as they can on an album and hope that they catch more hits

Na, Taylor swift just had a album with like 8 chart hits and it ran under a hour. Nobody trying to listen to long albums in the streaming age no matter who the artist is.

50 got signed and nobody was really checking for his mixtapes after him and G-unit were dropping albums

Dog just stop. Are u familiar with the G-Unit radio series ? Whoo Kidd ? Money in the bank series ? DJ Skee ? Your embarrassing yourself

I'm about tired of trying to sync this one track at a time in my car on Bluetooth. >D I have an iPhone so I can't just download the Tidal link. :smh: Also, I downloaded Tidal the day of and they won't let me play it because I didn't have it before the 26th. No CD player in my car either.

Dude stop

So now rap is based around what white girls in Iowa think?

Rap has never been influenced on dependent on wether teenage white girls buy or listen to it.

You think teenage white girls cared about a Lil Wayne mixtape?

i was in middle school w my own two eyes and ears i dont have to think anythig :lol:

myspace layouts with the playlists and celebrity graphics used to be the thing...every girl had some sort of wayne leak or mixtape cut on their ****

its a shame this era of urban culture isnt archived like that just from a nostalga point of view

245_1L-pink-lil-wayne.jpg

why do u think it was such an easy layup for nicki

some of yall should go back to listen to no ceilings and the 08 leaks and the dedication he dropped in 08 to really remember what songs we're discussing here...the way yall are in shock you'd think we were talking about squad up or 10k bars or something

Who cares about the opinion of teenage white girls? I hate n_ who think like this. They don't reflect hip hop :rolleyes

see the thing is youre absolutely right they dont reflect "hip hop" and often many wypipo are very late to whats hot no disrespect

but NT loves to bring up "mainstream" and then pulls this card when theyre forced to acknowledge that mainstream means everyone and not just your block or even your area of the nation...

especially in the context of white people likely being the biggest consumers of rap music since puff daddy

why did yall specifically bring up mainstream only to try and fall back on "white people dont matter" :lol: thats been my argument from the jump
:

making something big in hip hop culture is not mainstream and its no knock to 50

This was not a bad point tbh. Mainstream is used interchangeably on here sometimes to fit the argument. :nerd:

I am the ****, they just poop stains.

I'm jumpin' in this **** like a pogo on the potty

:lol: :lol: :lol:

50 got signed and nobody was really checking for his mixtapes after him and G-unit were dropping albums

Wayne was the biggest star in the world and the wait for the Carter 3 made you invest in his mixtapes. Wayne is singlehandeldy responsible for live mixtapes.

I think this whole thing depends on a lot of factors, cuz I know out here 50 was huge mixtapes wise and albums but Wayne was untouchable and it wasn't even close. And it wasn't a young dude thing, or a white people thing, EVERYBODY loved mixtape Wayne that was taking in rap music.

I feel like it should be obvious that especially up in like NY 50 would be viewed as the mixtape kang but that wasn't how everybody was feeling about it. That Murda Inc beef era though that ***** was catching bodies and everybody knew it and loved it :lol:

Na, Taylor swift just had a album with like 8 chart hits and it ran under a hour. Nobody trying to listen to long albums in the streaming age no matter who the artist is.

but on the flipside there was a point that all of more life was on billboard at the same time...i wanna say the weeknd had most of his album up there too

"Y'all stuck in La La land, even when we win, we gone lose!"

Jay still an agent but this joint is classic. [emoji]127998[/emoji]‍♂️
# TripleEntendres

but on the flipside there was a point that all of more life was on billboard at the same time...i wanna say the weeknd had most of his album up there too

And neither album was well received outside of pop editors. Streaming and indie music have shifted the industry towards more thought out album approach

Last edited:

MJ's Thriller
MJ's Off the Wall
Nas' Illmatic
Led Zeppelin IV
AC/DC's Back In Black

Paid In Full as well.

I'm about tired of trying to sync this one track at a time in my car on Bluetooth. >D I have an iPhone so I can't just download the Tidal link. :smh: Also, I downloaded Tidal the day of and they won't let me play it because I didn't have it before the 26th. No CD player in my car either.

Shoot me a PM i'll let you have mine

Last edited:
We will be getting 3 more tracks.

I thought it was enough. More than 10 tracks with this kind of cohesive production would venture on becoming boring.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom