+++OFFICIAL JAY Z THREAD+++

You've done a healthy *** 180 on this album over the last 2 days :lol:

Not mad at you one bit :smokin

I didn't realize that the physicals are coming so soon. I've been ducking those snippets so I'm hyped to hear Adnis and whatever the other two songs are.
see what happened was ...

I was hearing the album but I wasn't listening.

Then I stopped and listen ... Then a few songs almost brought a couple of tears to my eyes.

Kill Jay Z and 444 actually sound like a man, a man admitting all his flaws putting himself out there for the world to critique without any Fs giving because he finally understands what's important in life .....

Smile ... The way dude again opens up personally about his mother and her struggles ... The way a black man in America saying **** it .. Is ok to be homosexual/lesbian just love who you love and be happy ... How can I say **** is mediocre ...

I mean I can go on and on.

OJ ... Acknowledging the struggles some youth go thru but dropping knowledge of how to get out of that rat race by any means necessary and becoming wealthy ... He's not saying stop ... He's saying **** it continue but progress.

**** is beyond powerful my dude ... To a lot of people this is uplifting ...

Last edited:
because the southern rappers are the ones who mostly do that flexing ****.

when you look at it the type of rappers who fit into that trap star aesthetic/mold are all or mostly from the south.

you got chicago too. and a jay critch or tory lanez here and there.

it also probably subliminally goes back to the tension there's always been between the north and south in rap from Source Awards to Trinidad James.

A lot of NY rappers probably feel a way about how the South took it from them last decade and hasnt let up since. Especially with the type of music we are making.

I'm gonna strongly disagree with this statement, hiphop in general since about the mid/late 90's has been extremely flashy regarding money & that's been from every region. there's several fools from NYC all over my IG flashing money, jewelry, cars etc & are one case away from being dead broke.

I get what he's saying, being flashy is what he perceives to be part of the "culture" Jay was one of the main dudes who promoted this culture when he was younger. As he's grown he's trying to tell people that that **** is a mistake. Boosie looked at as an OG, yet he's encouraging cats to keep doing things that ain't in their best benefit.

I'm gonna strongly disagree with this statement, hiphop in general since about the mid/late 90's has been extremely flashy regarding money & that's been from every region. there's several fools from NYC all over my IG flashing money, jewelry, cars etc & are one case away from being dead broke.

I get what he's saying, being flashy is what he perceives to be part of the "culture" Jay was one of the main dudes who promoted this culture when he was younger. As he's grown he's trying to tell people that that **** is a mistake. Boosie looked at as an OG, yet he's encouraging cats to keep doing things that ain't in their best benefit.

It attracts the police. Because the first thing I think are credit card scams or they're hustling. I don't see Puff's kids doing that. Then for Boosie to act like it's a part of some sort of culture, no it's just stupid.

Lil Boosie who's been in jail should be teaching kids to be smarter and stay out. Instead he's helping make their job easier.

Cool album. Very good album. I enjoy it....

But ***** go goo goo Gaga when when HOV says sht :lol:. I get it, it's Hov.....but people running around social media like these are some new novel concepts. I think a lot of people are just really excited to see Hov have an entire project touching on these things. And I appreciate that....because he'd normally just give like 1-3 records like this on an album.

Hov using his platform and influence. So I dig it. All the social media memes and posturing is corny though.

But ***** go goo goo Gaga when when HOV says sht :lol:. I get it, it's Hov.....but people running around social media like these are some new novel concepts. I think a lot of people are just really excited to see Hov have an entire project touching on these things. And I appreciate that....because he'd normally just give like 1-3 records like this on an album.

Hov using his platform and influence. So I dig it. All the social media memes and posturing is corny though.

This happens when every high profile rapper drops an album though, and this happens in every thread when a rapper drops an album. Social media tags along for every release until the next one comes along.

Last edited:

come to the realization that hip-hop (or music in general) is not about whats being said, but actually who is the one saying it.

Social media was on fire when Future dropped ds2, it was on fire for views, damn, lemonade. This always happens.

Last edited:
The more I listen to this album, the more I like it. Jay really delivered with this project. Marcy Me is my favorite song, that beat goes hard.

Not new concepts at all, but unfortunately in our community everything is about perception. Jay is a guy who we've seen do all of the things he's asking for others to do.

ex rapper A complains about the industry and how going independent is more valuable... The people: he's broke & hating
Rapper A says Jewelry and cars is overated, invest in something with more upside.... The people: Brokeboy, he's just mad because he can't afford blah blah

We've always seen this in our community, it goes with a lot of what Vince staples said in that Hot 97 interview. But in our community you ain't **** unless you got some money smh. Hov has a lot of that & therefore people are gonna listen to what he says because of the success he has.

also aside from that, people have seen jay invest in himself a million times over so they respect it more. From rocafella, roc nation, tidal etc etc he's been a glowing example of someone who has created black business & helped a lot of others build wealth. We've seen him grow from the crazy misogynist Hov, to valuing his wife & family. we've seen him go from wearing 4-5 chains, money stacks to being more lowkey. When you give people clear examples their more willing to listen to you because the proof is there.

So while these are concepts that have been deeply discussed for years (even by him) i'm glad that people seem to be taking to this sentiment strongly. We are at an unfortunate time of way too much celeb worship, but if that's the game then we need our celebs who are aware to bring the masses up on game.

Not new concepts at all, but unfortunately in our community everything is about perception. Jay is a guy who we've seen do all of the things he's asking for others to do.

ex rapper A complains about the industry and how going independent is more valuable... The people: he's broke & hating
Rapper A says Jewelry and cars is overated, invest in something with more upside.... The people: Brokeboy, he's just mad because he can't afford blah blah

We've always seen this in our community, it goes with a lot of what Vince staples said in that Hot 97 interview. But in our community you ain't **** unless you got some money smh. Hov has a lot of that & therefore people are gonna listen to what he says because of the success he has.

also aside from that, people have seen jay invest in himself a million times over so they respect it more. From rocafella, roc nation, tidal etc etc he's been a glowing example of someone who has created black business & helped a lot of others build wealth. We've seen him grow from the crazy misogynist Hov, to valuing his wife & family. we've seen him go from wearing 4-5 chains, money stacks to being more lowkey. When you give people clear examples their more willing to listen to you because the proof is there.

So while these are concepts that have been deeply discussed for years (even by him) i'm glad that people seem to be taking to this sentiment strongly. We are at an unfortunate time of way too much celeb worship, but if that's the game then we need our celebs who are aware to bring the masses up on game.

Pretty much Agree with everything. I get it.

:rofl: at "crazy misogynist Hov". The way that's worded just makes me laugh for some reason :lol:

Pretty much Agree with everything. I get it.

:rofl: at "crazy misogynist Hov". The way that's worded just makes me laugh for some reason :lol:

That ***** was sayin some **** back then :lol: :lol: ...... i'm waiting for someone to come with the "yea he loves his wife now, but what about cashmere thoughts?" any day now

Gave it a second spin. Haven't focussed in on the lyrics too much yet (playing it in the background) but liking the vibe/music so far. 

She wanted us to end cause I fckd her friend,
she gave me one more chance and I fckd her again.
I seen the tears as she busted in,
I said **** there's a draft shut the door btch and come on in

The man left a dirty rubber in Nas Bentley 
roll.gif

U ain't no better cuz you don't be ******* rappers

U  only **** with actors, U still getting ****** backwards

come to the realization that hip-hop (or music in general) is not about whats being said, but actually who is the one saying it.
no **** ...

Are you paying attention to a dude that has credibility and gone thru all that or someone that's just pretending?

Like are you listening to the fat guy at gym or Arnold?

Back
Top Bottom