+++OFFICIAL JAY Z THREAD+++

i think the sentiment is moreso "we never had **** so let us flex when we first get on let us celebrate like you did dont try to make it seem like we on some young ignorant ****"

i think future did catch feelings but rightfully so bc of that line

Why his dude bragging about not having credit though

Last edited:
Tidal link for the free download is back up and running for those that still don't have the album for some reason... :lol:

It's not even a shot. The album features a lot reflection and regret. Hence why the song also features the line about how we could've purchased that building but didn't. It makes them look even lame for responding like that

Basically telling these dudes to think NEXT level......that and telling dudes to create their own lane and stop following and copying the same dudes.

Did you dudes get an e-mail being a Footlocker VIP gave you six months? I forgot to mention it. Anyone try it? Did it work?

Basically telling these dudes to think NEXT level......that and telling dudes to create their own lane and stop following and copying the same dudes.
The problem is these dudes getting in their feelings were lames from the jump, which is why their panties are getting bunch'd.

Last edited:
I told yall HOV was gonna come out of nowhere and run it again.  Made up for Magna Carta, which still gets no play from me. 

At 47 smh.  Plus he's got these young cornballs all in their feelings.  Hopefully they will realize how wack they are but I doubt it...

Last edited:
I understand what Boosie is saying.Why is it that people take what Jay-Z says as law.People of color who where concious before Kendricks last 2 albums.Are not impressed by Jay-Z last album.Just because he got inspired by Kendrick latest music means nothing.Alot of people arent as ignorant as they may look.Some people choose to express themselves in different ways.That doesnt take away from whats inside there brains.

Take 2pac for example.He died because of his actions and his affiliation.He had tattoos and the wrong image.But he had way more knowledge than Kendrick/Jay combined instilled in him.Plus he was younger than both of them.He knew about Israrelites,Pan Africanism.That was from a early age.What im saying is image means nothing.For all we know.Jay-Z can just be the conscious wave right now.Just because Kendrick made it the cool thing to be right now.

I know plenty of people who look like the arent for our people.Tattoos,Jewlery,Clothes that are for our people.I know people who look like they are for our people who arent.Dreads,Clothes,etc.2pac wanted to build communities for the less fortunate.Is Jay and Be doing that.I think not.Donating money as a Tax right off doesnt impress me.Plus Jay is old enough to be our fathers (early 50,s).Plus hes a billionaire.Of course he regrets and doesn't think the lifestyle of a 20-40 is cool.

I understand both sides of the argument.But i look at Jay-Z like my dad.Ill listen.But im not transforming what im into or like just because he doesnt like it.Am i going to stop rocking Jordan 1,s and 11,s just because someone older said its not cool to,no.Am i going to stop wearing Sun Glasses because someone else doesnt,no.Am i going to stop wearing levis and GStar because someone else doesnt,no.It does show the influence Jay Z has though.Everything hes preaching.You should already know.

Its crazy that if other Rappers made a 4:44 album.Nobody would bat an eye.Plus this album is highly overrated.It was very light in my opinion.Wasnt impressd at all.Its ok and listenable at best.Nothing ground breaking about it.People just hyped up off of the subliminal dissing he does.Ye better stop being soft and respond back at him with a diss of his own.Rap is competitive.Jay-Z is not competitive lyrically in my opinion.I wish Ye,Drake,Camron,Game would all just diss him at once.Jay Z is not the all of be all.He is powerful.But Hip Hop doesnt end with just him.Boosie was right in a way.Alot of people D ride Jay to the max.

I understand what Boosie is saying.Why is it that people take what Jay-Z says as law.People of color who where concious before Kendricks last 2 albums.Are not impressed by Jay-Z last album.Just because he got inspired by Kendrick latest music means nothing.Alot of people arent as ignorant as they may look.Some people choose to express themselves in different ways.That doesnt take away from whats inside there brains.

Take 2pac for example.He died because of his actions and his affiliation.He had tattoos and the wrong image.But he had way more knowledge than Kendrick/Jay combined instilled in him.Plus he was younger than both of them.He knew about Israrelites,Pan Africanism.That was from a early age.What im saying is image means nothing.For all we know.Jay-Z can just be the conscious wave right now.Just because Kendrick made it the cool thing to be right now.

I know plenty of people who look like the arent for our people.Tattoos,Jewlery,Clothes that are for our people.I know people who look like they are for our people who arent.Dreads,Clothes,etc.2pac wanted to build communities for the less fortunate.Is Jay and Be doing that.I think not.Donating money as a Tax right off doesnt impress me.Plus Jay is old enough to be our fathers (early 50,s).Plus hes a billionaire.Of course he regrets and doesn't think the lifestyle of a 20-40 is cool.

I understand both sides of the argument.But i look at Jay-Z like my dad.Ill listen.But im not transforming what im into or like just because he doesnt like it.Am i going to stop rocking Jordan 1,s and 11,s just because someone older said its not cool to,no.Am i going to stop wearing Sun Glasses because someone else doesnt,no.Am i going to stop wearing levis and GStar because someone else doesnt,no.It does show the influence Jay Z has though.Everything hes preaching.You should already know.

Its crazy that if other Rappers made a 4:44 album.Nobody would bat an eye.Plus this album is highly overrated.It was very light in my opinion.Wasnt impressd at all.Its ok and listenable at best.Nothing ground breaking about it.People just hyped up off of the subliminal dissing he does.Ye better stop being soft and respond back at him with a diss of his own.Rap is competitive.Jay-Z is not competitive lyrically in my opinion.I wish Ye,Drake,Camron,Game would all just diss him at once.Jay Z is not the all of be all.He is powerful.But Hip Hop doesnt end with just him.Boosie was right in a way.Alot of people D ride Jay to the max.

You probably aren't the target audience. The message in this album is deeper than disses. In fact, he takes shots at himself for being materialistic and self-centered. He does so multiple times. To paraphrase something he said years ago he sold crack (and told about the losses as well as the glorious side of it) so hopefully you wouldn't have to go through that.

This album is no different. He's letting you learn from his mistakes. He didn't just become conscious he was just never a preachy dude. He's dropped several jewels in his past albums. Now he's saying, be a family man, share your wealth with your family, invest, be a good husband, love your family no matter their sexual preference, etc. This album will be here when you're ready to listen, because it's obvious you missed the message.

Last edited:
Jay-Z is not competitive lyrically in my opinion.I wish Ye,Drake,Camron,Game would all just diss him at once.

What How can you say jay isn't lyrically competitive then name two dudes who don't even write their lyrics to diss him. Also Cam and Game already Dissed him at the same time.

Im not a Jay Z hater at all.Hes one of our greats along with (Nas,Big,Pac,Pun,Outkast,Wu,Face).Please dont get it confused.Its funny that people take what he says as law.I look at differently.I was raised around Panthers/Muslims that gave me a little game for free while growing up.Maybe thats why when Kendrick/Jay preach on certain issues it doesn't impress me as much.As it does to others.I was more impressed when Pac was making those type of songs.

Because we knew he was going to make effort in trying to change things.With Kendrick and Jay.They talk it well.But it could just be a good cash grab.Message me when they use there millions to rebuild projects.And build communities for the less fortunate.Other than that.These are just talented Rappers to me.That spitting good game for a buck.Nothing more,nothing less.JayZ doesnt dictates whats in my closet or on my body.If he doesnt wear goddy/flashy jewlery anymore.We understand.

If he doesnt carry large amounts of money,we understand.But dont knock other people for there choices if its not harming anybody.I wont knock Boosie.Would someone turn Boosie down.If he wanted to help his community in some type of way.Just because of the way ge dress and express himself.Boosie isnt JayZ wealthy.But Boosie isnt going to go broke anytime soon.Hes not that stupid.Stupid people arent successful.

96-"Got the city drinking Cristals, re-up the fee
Rappers going broke, tryin' to keep up with me"

97- "You got show dough, little to no dough
Sell a bunch of records and you still owe dough"

"You bought a 4.0 you better get your change
Ain't no platinum in those Cartiers, switch your frame
Ain't no manicurist on board, then switch your plane"

98- "Willies wanna rub shoulders, your money's too young
See me when it gets older, ya bank account grow up"

I'm not about to go through every year but dude has been telling every rapper that he has more money than them since the very beginning, that's why it's weird that rappers are getting offended now :lol:

I understand.Im in a JayZ thread.Get at me its all good.This dude was ready to suck Pimp C,s toes to get him on Big Pimpin.Chad still treated Jay like he was his son lmao.He didn't want to do that song.Because he didn't want to sell out his Brand.Bun was willing to sell out.To keep it 100.JayZ dont run the South.His lyrics on this album should be common knowledge.This album was very light.Nothing empressive about it.Production was weak.Cats mad because we're strangling the industry and wont let go.

Yall didn't want to listen.Like Pimp C said.Yall put yall albums on one side of the store.Well put our albums on one side of the store.Then well see who sell the best.The entire industry bitin off of us in some form or way.We dont care about that fake consciousness swag JayZ sellibg yall.We ridin with Boosie.Strictly off of JayZ shootin slugs at the South with Trill line he spit.We always supported our own.

We dont never needed outsiders.After so much passed away.Yall needed us.We got artist like Dolph riding Ferraris,Bentleys without a deal.We as the South will always be a factor.We never needed the labels.Yall need them because yall region dont support yalls artist for the most part.Peace Out.Enjoy this Weed plate album.

Im all over the place, I know. But I wish Migos,Future,Genesis,Boosie would get their monies together and get at Jay
poor soul, just be quiet ...

This rap **** has been around for ages ... Real MCs talking about their lives and struggles ... Just recently we have transcended to this fake materialistic mumbling ******** and we label it trap. So when dudes start putting **** that is coherent rappers take offense.

I can't speak for rappers before my time but I have heard the streets via KRS One NWA Public Enemy 2Pac Scarface Gang Star Big L Rakin NAS Jay Z and many others. This is nothing new but nevertheless he is giving us something that is lacking right now.

Dude is 40+ he is opening up about his personal life, life struggles, family problems, trying to give ****** advice and ****** mad.

On the real people actually pay millionaire for seminars. This ***** doing it for 9.99 and people mad because Jay just took 90% of their IG cool post away with one line.

Be quiet.

Everytime jay drop an album, a buncha n_s get salty all of a sudden. Been happening for years now.

Question is why?

Is this what a substantial amount of success does to people?

I hear none of this "particular" type of hating for anyone elses album releasing.

Its a shame people have so much vitriol for someone that just simply knos how to win.

This applies to white AND black America ironically.

serious question. Why tf are people so aggy @ jay? Lol

Im truly perplexed, especially if you blk and talkin down. Yall hate yourselves or something? Talk to me...

For a culture that's such against "old ******"....ya'll sure are getting VERY salty about one 
laugh.gif

late nights & heartbreak the song sampled for 4:44

wow

i thought it was an old 70s song.

wonder if this was something Jay was listening to or No ID
thought the same thing as well. Song came out last year 
laugh.gif

honestly one of the best samples ive heard in a while

I told yall HOV was gonna come out of nowhere and run it again.  Made up for Magna Carta, which still gets no play from me. 

At 47 smh.  Plus he's got these young cornballs all in their feelings.  Hopefully they will realize how wack they are but I doubt it...

All these pics I see of rappers w/ money to their ears in response to jay just lets me know they STILL don't get it. Whole concept of The Story of OJ went over their heads and what some of these dummies don't realize is that they're perpetuating many of the of the things Jay is trying to educate them about. Falling on deaf ears, unfortunately.

Amazing project from start to finish.

Back
Top Bottom