+++OFFICIAL JAY Z THREAD+++

I mean... if you were dumb enough to take those pics to start, what are the chances you're smart enough to understand the game Jay-Z was giving?

I know, right? This album is the actual blueprint if you dig deep into what Jay's laying out.

As influential as jay is..I wonder if more  mainstream rappers will start rapping about the same thing...and If they do it I hope its not a temporary trend

Take 2pac for example.He died because of his actions and his affiliation.He had tattoos and the wrong image.But he had way more knowledge than Kendrick/Jay combined instilled in him.

Both Kendrick & Jay actually lived and experienced what they write. They are both authentic artist, unlike Tupac. Pac is the most romanticized artist in the history of rap music. Pac doesn't have a single classic album, which Kendrick and Jay have multiples of. As someone who witnessed his entire musical career; I can tell you he was never in a discussion amongst his contemporaries as a top 10 while he was alive. He was a thespian and nothing more. Pac doesn't even belong in the same breath as Jay or Kendrick. Out of curiosity, how old were you in 1996?

As influential as jay is..I wonder if more  mainstream rappers will start rapping about the same thing...and If they do it I hope its not a temporary trend
I doubt it.... That would be call hip-hop and only a hand full of cats are actually hip hop ...

They can't raise their talent when they have none ...

Wonder would there still be hate if he said something along the lines of hold more money to your ear because that little amount isn't impressing.

Feel like the message was lost in the delivery. And it wasn't even deep lol. It was a subtle flex, he didn't even imply to not do it. I took it as 'y'all flex is weak' lol.

Both Kendrick & Jay actually lived and experienced what they write. They are both authentic artist, unlike Tupac. Pac is the most romanticized artist in the history of rap music. Pac doesn't have a single classic album, which Kendrick and Jay have multiples of. As someone who witnessed his entire musical career; I can tell you he was never in a discussion amongst his contemporaries as a top 10 while he was alive. He was a thespian and nothing more. Pac doesn't even belong in the same breath as Jay or Kendrick. Out of curiosity, how old were you in 1996?

kdR7j_s-200x150.gif

Wonder would there still be hate if he said something along the lines of hold more money to your ear because that little amount isn't impressing.

Feel like the message was lost in the delivery. And it wasn't even deep lol. It was a subtle flex, he didn't even imply to not do it. I took it as 'y'all flex is weak' lol.
you also are lost in the sauce .. LoL

That's not what he meant by it either ...

Last edited:
Not at all fam. But you got it

"There's a disconnect, that ain't no money over here"

That doesn't say y'all flex weak? Bet.

Last edited:
Not at all fam. But you got it

"There's a disconnect, that ain't no money over here"

That doesn't say y'all flex weak? Bet.
nope ... Because that's just part of the entire message not just a line. Again ... Now I see why these cats are all in their feelings.

Last edited:
It was a subtle flex, he didn't even imply to not do it. I took it as 'y'all flex is weak' lol.
It was. Which is why it's hilarious to see the feelings caught.

It was LITERALLY another way of Jay saying "I'm in a different tax bracket than ya'll".

Lol I'm speaking to that line specifically

Hope u not referring to me as being in my feelings lol

We probably agree overall honestly but that's my interpretation of that line. You have yours. Respect.

Last edited:
Lol I'm speaking to that line specifically

Hope u not referring to me as being in my feelings lol

We probably agree honestly but that's my interpretation. You have yours. Respect.
naw not you but the rappers.

I understand the line but if you are going to take the message out of context I suppose.

But you can also say just by that line he is telling ****** to stop it.

However, that's not what I gather from that line as that's not the msg he is delivering in the lyrics .. Complete lyrics.

:smh:
see
we as a people cant even put each other up on game
give advice or criticism
or show people something
without us taking offense or getting mad or butthurt
like damn aint nothing jay said was wrong
and some how some way we turn it into something bad
thats why white folks look at us like that
thats why its so easy to divide us
exactly why we stay getting **** on by white folks in this country
we cant even take a step back and peep when someone giving us game
even if its something we don't wanna hear
but let it have been a white person saying what jay said
be so many folks talking **** about how woke this person is
this that and the forth
:smh: :smh: :smh:

last night I heard atleast 10 people playin the album..they all were playing the same song..family fued

Dude is dropping lines about how to flip your money how to up your worth how to be wealthy and somehow is misconstrued as ya broke and I have more money than you.

Oh well.

Dude is dropping lines about how to flip your money how to up your worth how to be wealthy and somehow is misconstrued as ya broke and I have more money than you.

Oh well.
exactly when even in the song he's saying with money
u still a *****
so lets get together and spread this wealth and knowledge
****** dont listen :smh:

^^Realized that no one is disagreeing with that.

Just don't see how taking it as "I'm giving y'all this game, knowledge and empowerment AND y'all need realize that paper y'all think y'all flossin ain't nothing" is "lost"

Makes it more impactful to me because often times in our communities a message isn't respected because the person spreading it is seen as square,out the loop, broke, corny etc.. with this it's almost a qualification of his ability to deliver said message.

But hey maybe I'm a lost in the sauce _ that don't listen...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom