+++OFFICIAL JAY Z THREAD+++

Son actually proves that Hov is guilty of the same "insecure" stuff when he was these guys' age, and Magic says "you're trying too hard".

I love NT, man. :lol:

It's actually incredible how Jay-Z, a man rapidly closing in at 50, is still dropping albums that are going platinum in less than a week's time. Even more incredible is he might be the only rapper to ever still be doing it big, this late in his career, and single handedly changing the narrative that old rappers can't sell albums any more. I mean if Hov can do it in his late 40's then there ain't no way other rappers, especially newer ones, to be making excuses or being non-committal and lazy. His albums drop and instantly transcends the music world. The Tom Brady of the rap game.

That Jay/Diddy/Nelly pic is hilarious :lol:

And Jay can drop physicals or this on Amazon and it would have gone real platinum. Doing the Young Thug/Desiigner platinum thing for him is a luxury and not a necessity

Thug and designer got platinum albums?

How is this even possible? Only came out on tidal less than a week and It takes so many streams to get just one album.

^ I can see it happening

Released on one platform, so many people made accounts, played it back so many times, everybody has the device in their pocket just need to dl and open the app

Probably went plat in the first 48 hours

^ I can see it happening

Released on one platform, so many people made accounts, played it back so many times, everybody has the device in their pocket just need to dl and open the app

Lol only thing I can think of is that Jay probably made the roc Nation staff stream it non stop since release.

Also there were stations that were streaming it all day, i think i heart radio was one of em

Just finding them loopholes, i aint eem mad Jay get that plat trophy

Son actually proves that Hov is guilty of the same "insecure" stuff when he was these guys' age, and Magic says "you're trying too hard".

:lol:

that looks like vote or die mohawk era diddy which means this was only maybe 10-13 years ago so Hov would be pushing 40; older than Boosie and Future are right now :lol:.

Last edited:
It's the sprint deal guys! He ain't steam no million equivalent albums lol. Tidal user base only 5 million (if
that). He's on that same ish Rihanna did. Kinda like his Samsung deal.

Last edited:
Platinum is fake as hell nowadays. :lol:

You're trying too hard

and then he grew up. Future and Boosie are both in their mid 30's.

Jay was in his mid 30's in that pic with Diddy.

I don't even get ya'll going back and forth over some small ****. :lol:

Last edited:
^ I can see it happening

[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

It had something to do with those sprint vouchers.
THIS.

Jay-Z’s New Album ‘4:44’ Illegally Downloaded Almost a Million Times in Three Days
By Peter A. Berry July 5, 2017 11:16 AM

More than two decades into his career, JAY-Z remains a huge deal. Proof? His latest album, titled 4:44, just went platinum in under a week’s time. Making that feat even more impressive is the fact that the project was downloaded illegally almost a million times in three days.

According to MUSO, a technology company that provides analytics on piracy, 4:44, which was released exclusively through Tidal and Sprint last Thursday (June 29), was downloaded 971,196 times in 72 hours. The same site reports Drake’s More Life was pirated over 1.2 million times over a three-day span back in March—even though it was released everywhere.

As you can tell by the massive number of illegal downloads, a lot of people wanted to hear Hov’s newest project. One of those people was Snoop Dogg, who admitted to pirating 4:44 last week.

“Top of the morning,” Snoop says in the video. “I want to shoot a shout out to JAY-Z just dropped another mutha******’ hot album, 4:44…4:44. But you know what? I don’t got Tidal, so a ***** had to bootleg it to me. I’m on iTunes and **** cuz, I don’t understand that—y’all gotta explain that to me. I went to iTunes looking for his album and I couldn’t find it. But my homie sent it to me, you understand me. But um, shout out to JAY-Z, my *****. He did it again. See, I ain’t no hater, I love the game for what it’s worth—the young ****** and the old ******. Practice that. Practice showing love. Practice supporting other mutha*****s other than yourself. Yeah, do that.”

4:44 won’t be confined to Tidal for long. A few days ago, it was revealed the project is coming to Apple Music and iTunes this Friday (July 7). You can download 4:44 for free via Tidal right now. Physical versions are on the way, and they have unreleased bonus tracks.

JAY-Z‘s new 4:44 album was only released last Thursday night (June 29), but the LP has already been certified platinum on Wednesday, July 5, according to the Recording Industry Association of America.

Pictured above is Hov and RIAA Chairman and CEO Cary Sherman with the plaque for the album. “Props to JAY, he’s done it again!” said Sherman in a statement. “Another Platinum album adds to an already iconic career.”

This is Hov’s 13th platinum album plaque, more than any other artist in RIAA history. He’s also the only rapper with 10 or more platinum albums to his name.

If you recall, something similar happened with Jay’s last album. Magna Carta Holy Grail was pre-delivered to a million Samsung customers back in 2013, and the RIAA actually changed its rules to allow the album to be certified platinum the same day it was released.

The RIAA uses the following guidlines for gold and platinum certification: “Under the program’s rules, the artist needs to be compensated and there needs to be demonstrated consumer demand in the United States, either for an on-demand stream or a sale. A sale counts toward a certification if purchased directly by the customer or a business can purchase the album or song and offer it to fans who must take affirmative steps to acquire the album or song. Fans participated, took action and downloaded JAY-Z’s album offered by SPRINT.”

4:44 was released for pre-existing Tidal and Sprint customers. It’s since been made available for free download. The album is coming to iTunes and Apple Music this week, and physical copies (with three bonus tracks, including “Adnis”) are on the way as well.

Read More: Jay-Z's '4:44' Album Certified Platinum Within a Week - XXL | http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2017/07/jay-z-444-album-platinum/?trackback=tsmclip

Last edited:
I don't really know what the argument is about Jay has admitted many times on the album that he was involved in stupid **** when younger. He's trying to offer up advice & ****** are fighting for their right to do stupid **** :lol:

If your in a position to accumulate some nice money, and a ***** who is pushing a billion is telling you..... that money stack looks good, but you know what's better? buying and owning ****. How do you turn around and say nah **** you i wanna keep blowing my money stupidly.

Jay's trying to help these guys avoid some of the pitfalls he succumbed to...even in his 30's. This is why folks are having the reaction they are towards Future and others. They're clearly not trying to hear what Jay is trying to say. He's been there and done that...and now he's trying to offer a bit of guidance to some of these other rappers about preserving and EXTENDING their wealth. All they see is supposed shots being taken. When that's not the case. At all.

Platinum has always been about projections/shipments and not actual sales. They used to count cd's and tapes sold to stores and not to actual consumers.

Nothing new.

I must be your Jay-Z., because you analyze and read every word I say. It's becoming a bit disturbing. I post, you're following behind like my shadow or something.

I don't really know what the argument is about Jay has admitted many times on the album that he was involved in stupid **** when younger. He's trying to offer up advice & ****** are fighting for their right to do stupid **** :lol:

If your in a position to accumulate some nice money, and a ***** who is pushing a billion is telling you..... that money stack looks good, but you know what's better? buying and owning ****. How do you turn around and say nah **** you i wanna keep blowing my money stupidly.

I'm starting to believe that peoples intelligence match the music they listen to.

I love NT, man.
laugh.gif
Look again at the 3 pictures you are talking about that you claim as "evidence".  One is a picture of 3 of the most successful dudes in the industry at the time, PARTYING.  There is alcohol and there is money.  This would be the time and place to floss if there was one.  

Second is a picture when dude was an actual dealer living in the hood.  The 3rd is not far removed...

So clearly in stark contrast with Future and Boosie and whoever, constantly posting instagram pics with money phones.  In their mid thirties.  Successful and not in the hood.  Not dealing drugs.  The difference is quite obvious.  

Last edited:
So Sprint bought a million albums like the Samsung deal huh? Lol Didn't think we'd be getting hard copies so soon, dope.

:lol: the discussion in here. Was Jay being insecure when he copped the 5 kilo chain a few years ago and posed on the gram with it? I'm just asking cause I remember that being a topic of discussion online when he did. Ppl kept saying he was too old for that, Jay never going to change etc. Others thought he was the coolest ***** ever for doing it. :lol:

But yeah, are the bonus tracks only going to be on the physical or will they be available digitally as well?

That 5 kilo chain is still an investment though. Probably worth way more now than what he originally payed for it.

Back
Top Bottom