+++OFFICIAL JAY Z THREAD+++

Nah. It's just the times. Hov's the pinnacle of rap, so his rap carries a greater impact than it did 20 years ago. Especially when he's saying things that casts a huge net and can be made applicable to many.

Him saying that he had crazy loot back then was no different than any other rapper. You believed they had paper, but in 2017, you still believe Hov because you've seen where he's ended up. A lot of his contemporaries, sucks to say, ended up like "a bunch of used to's/has beens, bragging, talking tough on the YouTube about what they used to do".

This! We're living in the time of the sensitive rapper.

The point I think other NTers were trying to make earlier is that Hov is propped up so [fixed] on the mount Olympus of hip hop that people won't let him just be an emcee anymore.

So much gravity is given to his words that any other rapper who issues a response combatting Those words (ie Boosie) is labeled "sensitive". :lol:

How asinine is that when the actions he's speaking against in 2017 are actions he is no stranger to partaking in? Dude in the post responding to me really trying to differentiate between Hov and any other people flashing money because Jay was in a party with alcohol and was around other well to do entertainers, so it was the right place to "floss". Y'all gotta chill. :lol:

I get it, Hov is great and he deserves the respect owed for holding the GOAT title. But he's still a fan of the sport (****, he's the first person I can recall saying that rap was such). So let that man compete. This time last year he was on tracks and photos with Future. Fast forward to today there are people saying he's going to end Future's career.

Son, it's not nearly that serious.

Yawn ... This argument is stupid. People taking offense because that line and others thinking her said stop that foolishness and make that money Euro for you.

Either way ... It's tiring ... Let's move on. Not he first time something said that **** is corny .. Not the last .

It's just hilarious that this is just a stunt line from Jay and all these rappers are sad about it when they have their own stunt lines, taking dumps on others rappers poorer than them.

If Jay woulda said his rims were bigger than theirs, that's more like right? Lol... dude said he had a jet while dudes were riding a bus to their concerts in real life before.

Dude just told us he brags different last year. How they so sensitive now.

The Story of OJ might be one of the most powerful vids I've ever seen in rap.

The Story of OJ might be one of the most powerful vids I've ever seen in rap.

I can only think of ONE close to it honestly. Maybe two.

Nas and Damian Marley "Patience" and 2Pac "Brenda's Got A Baby". Mayyyybe "Can't Trust It" by Public Enemy?

Last edited:
I hope this dudes can understand the OJ joint now that Jay made it a cartoon ... He knew he was talking to kids ....

I hope this dudes can understand the OJ joint now that Jay made it a cartoon ... He knew he was talking to kids ....

i think actually it was a nod to those old racist samb0 cartoons but carry on man...:lol:

maxresdefault.jpg

yo i need a physical of this
whens release date for physicals????
jay did the damn thing man
i cant hate
i cant front
i cant lie
LORD KNOWS i wanna do all 3
but i cant
i just cant :smh:

Ive only heard that oj joint just now cause of the video...holdin out for the physical

Last edited:
The point I think other NTers were trying to make earlier is that Hov is propped up so [fixed] on the mount Olympus of hip hop that people won't let him just be an emcee anymore.

So much gravity is given to his words that any other rapper who issues a response combatting Those words (ie Boosie) is labeled "sensitive". :lol:

How asinine is that when the actions he's speaking against in 2017 are actions he is no stranger to partaking in? Dude in the post responding to me really trying to differentiate between Hov and any other people flashing money because Jay was in a party with alcohol and was around other well to do entertainers, so it was the right place to "floss". Y'all gotta chill. :lol:

I get it, Hov is great and he deserves the respect owed for holding the GOAT title. But he's still a fan of the sport (****, he's the first person I can recall saying that rap was such). So let that man compete. This time last year he was on tracks and photos with Future. Fast forward to today there are people saying he's going to end Future's career.

Son, it's not nearly that serious.

If it's not that serious, why do you keep concentrating on the money line? Is that what you get out of the album? That was two bars off an entire album.

You're worse than women who just concentrate on him cheating on Beyonce.

Life is about growing and progressing. That's what the entire album is about. Most of the album he's talking about himself and saying the stuff he did was wrong. Like when he talked about stabbing Un, and looking back at it he should have ignored it, because it was nothing more than ego. or provoking Solange. or when he talks about instead of doing dumb stuff he should have been buying property.

Same with how he treated women.

Stop defending it as being stupid when he's admitting he's made mistakes. So saying, well Jay Z did it before, that's the point :smh:

I can only think of ONE close to it honestly. Maybe two.

Nas and Damian Marley "Patience" and 2Pac "Brenda's Got A Baby". Mayyyybe "Can't Trust It" by Public Enemy?

I'm glad you said Can't Trust It :nthat:

By The Time I Get To Arizona was pretty powerful also, and of course Fight The Power.

My post was a clear response to the DMV rnb NTer. Relax champ. Contrary to whatever ill-put-together idea you have, I don't dedicate all of my posts on the music board to you. I listened to the album. It doesn't take a genius to peep the lyrics are about maturation. The point was intended to address how silly it is to call the behavior of one person "sensitive", and to give leeway to another who was "flossing" because of their setting and company.

I'm worse than broads decoding Beyoncé? You're too old for that petty stuff fam. Be better. While you're at it, try getting a grip on the concept of 'bias' and why it's so apparent that you possess it when it comes to artists you like. The ends you go to defend some of them is Stannish; Stan's story didn't end well.

Back
Top Bottom