+++OFFICIAL JAY Z THREAD+++

You didn't get it for free exactly because it wasn't free for everyone. You got a phone w/ an album pre loaded specifically for that phone. If you give that to someone else that is against piracy laws.

Didnt think of it that way. Thanks for the insight. I'm on what is like my 8th listen right now. Still cant pick a favorite track.

I'm far from a Jay-Z Stan

And I really like this album. But everybody has an opinion.

Just because you like the album doesn't make you a Stan.
True. I just don't like how many jay z fans think every thing he spits is magic.

Bottom line for me: this is an okay album, far from great. Apart from mentioning religion in one song, and being a father, Jay is still spitting the same ****. And by now, I'm bored of it.

Last edited:
I'm far from a Jay-Z Stan

And I really like this album. But everybody has an opinion.

Just because you like the album doesn't make you a Stan.
True. I just don't like how many jay z fans think every thing he spits is magic.

Bottom line for me: this is an okay album, far from great. Apart from mentioning religion in one song, and being a father, Jay is still spitting the same ****. And by now, I'm bored of it.
Again what rapper cant we make this claim about? Theres 5 Rick Ross albums that can be summed up in five words "I'm a drug Kingpin AUUGHHHH" No one knows what they want anymore man. Dudes been rapping for two decades, hes changed. Hes touched on everything there is to touch on, and now the guys all about giving people insight into what his life is like. I have zero issue with him rapping about "The same stuff over and over" just like I dont care that Rick Ross, Drake, KanYe, Lil'Wayne, whoever does the same thing.

Last edited:

What sets Kanye's lyrics apart?

Don't trip. Album's worth the wait. Doubt you of all people will be disappointed.

really someone called holy grail an awful track? kidding me that beat sounds like something hov woulda spit on in 02(which is a good thing in this case)

and im loving la familia..that beat is insane. reminds me of something that coulda been on the dynasty album :pimp: also sounds like a sonic the hedgehog beat

Last edited:
Listened to the whole thing. I don't hear what everyone else is hearing. How is this better than vol. 2, blueprint, the black album, etc. and what was Tim...I mean...

I don't know. Nevermind. Was hoping for something crazy and instead got more of the typical post black album jay.

Again what rapper cant we make this claim about? Theres 5 Rick Ross albums that can be summed up in five words "I'm a drug Kingpin AUUGHHHH" No one knows what they want anymore man. Dudes been rapping for two decades, hes changed. Hes touched on everything there is to touch on, and now the guys all about giving people insight into what his life is like. I have zero issue with him rapping about "The same stuff over and over" just like I dont care that Rick Ross, Drake, KanYe, Lil'Wayne, whoever does the same thing.
Ever since he came out, what exactly has Hov touched on besides the fact that he used to sell dope? Of course there's other stuff there, but the dope dealing **** and the braggadocio lyrics far outweighs it. The fact that all of these motha****as keep churning out the same ****, is the reason why they get wacker and wacker with each release. 

Last edited:
This is what I would of done

1. Holy Grail (Feat. Justin Timberlake)

2. Picasso Baby

3. Tom Ford

4. F*ckwithmeyouknowigotit (Feat. Rick Ross)

5. Somewhereinamerica

6. Oceans (Feat. Frank Ocean)

7. Versus 

8. Heaven (Feat. Nas)

9. Beach Is Better *Full Length*

10. *New Snippet Song*

11. BBC (Feat. J Cole)

12. Jay Z Blue

13. Nickels And Dimes

Oh and that Smells Like Teen Spirit line was mad corny.

Last edited:
You didn't get it for free exactly because it wasn't free for everyone. You got a phone w/ an album pre loaded specifically for that phone. If you give that to someone else that is against piracy laws.

Didn't Jay Z say he's "giving it to the world at one time and letting them share it."?

This album is nice way better than yeezus. I know you all can hear the music but take some time to listen. Most of the people on this board now can't relate to some real isshhhhhhh.

I haven't listened enough to pass judgement yet. But I LOVE Heaven.

The line "Y'all religion creates division." :smokin

Want to put that up on facebook, but all the conservatives around this way would be pissed.

Fair enough. I'm not here to convince anyone, I love this album and wouldnt change a thing about it expect make it longer if I could (length Beach is Better and Versus and throw 3 more tracks on there). Its flawless.

I haven't listened enough to pass judgement yet. But I LOVE Heaven.

The line "Y'all religion creates division."
smokin.gif

Want to put that up on facebook, but all the conservatives around this way would be pissed.
Heaven was dope. It was the only song I kept

What do you guys think about Jay using lyrics from Nirvana's "Smell Like Teen Spirit" and R.E.M.'s "Losing My Religion?"

REM's lyrics were cool, they added a lot to the song..

the nirvana lyrics were extremely unecessaary, they didn't compute IMO.. you already got the GOD JT on a song, that's all you need in this life of sin.

Back
Top Bottom