+++OFFICIAL JAY Z THREAD+++

What do you guys think about Jay using lyrics from Nirvana's "Smell Like Teen Spirit" and R.E.M.'s "Losing My Religion?"
Seemed pretty contrived tbh.

This was a great rap album overall though

I don't know how much replay value this will have for me. It's sad that I'm never gonna be able to recreate the moment when I first blasted it through my speakers last night. Smh :smh:

Don't listen to that much hip hop these days anyways so w/e

What do you guys think about Jay using lyrics from Nirvana's "Smell Like Teen Spirit" and R.E.M.'s "Losing My Religion?"
Seemed pretty contrived tbh.

This was a great rap album overall though

I don't know how much replay value this will have for me. It's sad that I'm never gonna be able to recreate the moment when I first blasted it through my speakers last night. Smh :smh:

Don't listen to that much hip hop these days anyways so w/e

No one wants extravagant.

We just don't want lazy as well.

But like many of said, the music is most important. But to some of us who appreciate the art aspect of these things, were just dissapointed.

Not everyone will care. I don't expect most to.

I get what you're saying.

But what I'm saying is.. 95% of his covers are very simple (or lazy if you want to put it that way).

Which is why I wouldn't expect anything different after 17 years.

Blue print 3 was meh but had a gorgeous album

A cover

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Y'all not Worthy.

Enough of the yeezus comparisons, this is a different feel. F with me u know I got it makes me wanna hit the trap hard this that hustler music

I wouldnt have even noticed it if you didnt mention it, rap is the only genre of music I listen to. Smells Like Teen Spirit used to be on my ipod a long time ago but I never knew any of the words to it. Now that I'm aware it doesnt bother me at all.

Fair enough. I'm not here to convince anyone, I love this album and wouldnt change a thing about it expect make it longer if I could (length Beach is Better and Versus and throw 3 more tracks on there). Its flawless.

It's scary if you actually feel this way :lol:

tay1 talking about jay-z stand's but this dude up in here praising kanye .... come on son!

people like this album so beat it - the production is better than kanye IMO - if you like kanye better's then that's personal opinion ...

give it up son!

not everything that jay-z do is magical - but hell - you can't knock the hustle!

btw - dropping a cd with no cover art and a red tape is genious? that's a rip off - take your 10 songs and call it revolutionary! 

Last edited:
tay1 talking about jay-z stand's but this dude up in here praising kanye .... come on son!

people like this album so beat it - the production is better than kanye IMO - if you like kanye better's then that's personal opinion ...

give it up son!

not everything that jay-z do is magical - but hell - you can't knock the hustle!

btw - dropping a cd with no cover art and a red tape is genious? that's a rip off - take your 10 songs and call it revolutionary! 
I'm a stand huh? Well damn, I don't know how I feel about that.

Jay z left off from where watch the throne ended minus kayne..for those of y'all hating on his flow its 2013 he's changed with the times..and to clarify the "religion causes division" line killah priest first spit that way back on b.i.b.l.e.

Again, still too early for me to judge this album. I'm definitely feeling it, the question is how much, and how much replay value will it have. It's DEFINITELY better than BP3 and Kingdom Come.

And I agree :rolleyes at no Just Blaze production... that's just wrong. They must not be cool anymore. The production is great on the album. But it would have been cool to see him step away from Swizz, Timbo, etc. I know the masses love them, but from a hip hop stand point, there are so many other producers I would have loved on the album.

Jay z left off from where watch the throne ended minus kayne..for those of y'all hating on his flow its 2013 he's changed with the times..and to clarify the "religion causes division" line killah priest first spit that way back on b.i.b.l.e.
Bruh thank you. 

How many dudes even know about Heavy Mental? 

But back to this ****...

mean.gif

Somewhere in America 

Last edited:
Disappointed is not the word...wow everyone hyped is on IG like it was the next big thing... :smh: not a fan of the production either. wont say it was garbage but i dont like it all. maybe 3-4 tracks ill keep. rest going in the recycle bin

Lol come on fam you could've gave me a better response. But yeah I ***** with the big homie so I guess I will enjoy it when I get bak to Jerz
I'm just being overly negative because everyone seems to love it. But yeah, if you're a fan, you'll most likely like it. The production is on point, everything else is same ol Jay

Seriously shocked with how much y'all love this album. I struggled to play it all the first time. Had to take a break and listen to Vol. 1. Then tried to play it while I was on my bike and was bored out of my mind. Kept skipping songs. There's some good music, production is nice for the most part. Maybe my expectations are just too high now. I'll probably give it one last shot tonight and then I'm deleting more than half.

Holy Grail was cool, definitely think someone else should have been on it
Picasso Baby, never want to hear again. Seemed extremely corny and BP3/Kingdom Come to me
Tom Ford was tough. Definitely was diggin this one from the jump.
YouKnowIGotIt beat drops, typical trap music. Song is nice. Personally would have liked to see a random southern artist on it. Master P, Bun B, Scarface....a legend from the south.
Oceans, reminded me too much of that sweet baby jesus **** on WTT. I'm a huge Frank Ocean but this song was painful for me. Frank sounds mad awkward.
**** Up This World, it was cool. Didn't love it or hate it, I'll play it every now and then.
Somewhere in America, didn't like the beat so I won't play it
Crown :x :smokin :smh:
Heaven, not sure if it was the beat or his flow but it was off. I couldn't get into it.
Vs. deleted it. Reminded me of Who You Wit
Part 2, shocked that I liked this one because I don't like Beyonce but this song was mad smooth.
Beach is Better, see Crown
BBC absolute trash. Pharrell really submitted this trash. Jay would put NaS on the biggest pile of shi on the album. Beat had to have been from Blueprint 2 sessions.
Jay-Z Blue money to me. Beat and lyrics had me vibing.
La Familia reminds me of something from Dynasty. My man could have at least added Bleek on this one. Definitely one of my favorites.
Nickels and Dimes can't remember this song.

Album isn't trash but a good amount of it reminds me of Blueprint3 and Kingdome Come. Jay hasn't really released anything special to me since Blueprint. I liked American Gangster but I didn't love it like everyone else. This will be the first Jay album I haven't bought.

Fair enough. I'm not here to convince anyone, I love this album and wouldnt change a thing about it expect make it longer if I could (length Beach is Better and Versus and throw 3 more tracks on there). Its flawless.

It's scary if you actually feel this way :lol:

Word lol. Dude actually used the word "flawless". I mean it's cool to support Jay and all, but "flawless"? That's big time OD.

Back
Top Bottom