Official Jazz thread

Doesn't get much better than Getz and Gilberto.
I gotta thank psk for putting me on the two in this thread. I've always heard their music but never knew who they were

Nah man. The old stuff is great which should go without saying, but these new cats cats are putting out some great stuff. I got the new Christian Scott which is a double album & it's fire. This dude must've been on a creative jones while working on this album & feelin' his 'Nawlins roots. Sharing this vid again. This cat is fire....

Rueben Rodgers - Fungi Mama

Here's another dude. One of the best bassists out there this side of McBride frontin' his own quartet....

Avashi Cohen - TSF Jazz Podcast

Another great bassist frontin' his trio...This was a dope podcast...Got home to raid my CD collection & iTunes to share some of the young cats out there doin' their thing. A huge misnomer about there not being great young jazz cats....

Christian Scott - American't

I'll post this one more time....One of the best "young lions" out there....

Charles Mingus - Norway 1964

1. So Long Eric
2. Orange Was The Color Of Her Dress, Then Blue Silk
3. Parkeriana (and Take The A Train)

Charles Mingus - Bass
Eric Dolphy - Alto Sax & Bass Clarinet
Clifford Jordan - Tenor Sax
Johnny Coles - Trumpet
Jaki Byard - Piano
Dannie Richmond - Drums

Elis Regina - Aguas de Marco

When I was looking over my CDs, I came across an Elis Regina CD & didn't remember this song being posted. Very classic bossa nova song...There is another version with Tom Jobim but I like this one a little better...

Zuco 103 - Jussara

Came across this CD too...Beautiful song...Always loved hearing the fender rhodes...The singer's name is Lilian Vieira.

Amel Larrieux - If I Were A Bell

Posting this song again. Outside of my wife, I love this woman LOL...My wife & I met her just after her show when touring for her standards album. She's as nice as she is beautiful...

Wow, Eric Reed... I met they guy in the mid-90's during a master-class, when he toured with Marsalis... 

Damn, 
nerd.gif
 has it been 17+ years!?

How in the hell is Paul Anka jazz? He's not anymore jazz then Brian Setzer...Jeez....It's like Sublime is ska or reggae...

Stanley Turrentine (with the 3 Sounds) - Willow Weep For Me

Blue Hour is a great album, especially to listen to late at night...

^ A great wind-down cut.  Always enjoyed Turrentine's stuff....

Sure, let's slow things down.

John Coltrane - Soul Eyes

John Coltrane (s)
McCoy Tyner (p)
Jimmy Garrison (b)
Elvin Jones (d)

I think this quartet is the best ever in jazz. It was like the perfect melding of a jazz group, each musician was stellar fronted by Coltrane...

I love vibes.

Milt Jackson (Vb)

Art Farmer (Tp)

Benny Golson (TS)

Tommy Flanagan (P)

Paul Chambers (B)

Connie Kay (Ds)

Back
Top Bottom