Official Jazz thread

Some Roy Hargrove for today...

I absolutely love the sound of the flugelhorn...

^ When I saw your first 2 Coltrane posts, I thought to myself "I'm gonna post a Coltrane/Hartman cut next"... then I scroll down further... boom. 
laugh.gif

Anyways... I love this song... 

Last edited:
Miles Davis & John Coltrane - My Funny Valentine (live)

Beat you to the punch SinnerP. :wink: Last one for tonight. Off to bed...This is from the complete Columbia recordings collection. It's appeared on a couple of different releases. Think this is from '58...

Last edited:
Soul & Pimp Session - Mo Better Blues & A Wheel Within A Wheel

Never been a fan of Andy Williams, but RIP none the less.

Last edited:
Gary Clark Jr. - There's a Man Down There & While Lotta Lovin

Good ish Wes. I saw him twice a couple of years ago & the very first time my jaw was on the floor. I knew I had witnessed greatness. These were among the set he played...His major label debut is coming later this year. I posted him throughout the music thread. I was a little scarred with the first song I had because it sounded so commercial. We'll see how it ends up....

Gary Clark Jr - If You Love Me Like You Say, When My Train Pulls In, & Don't Owe You A Thing (Live At The The Foundry Two Piece)

Listen to how he blends Hendrix's Third Stone From The Sun in the intro to his song...Just bad a**.

Gary Clark Jr - Shotgun Blues

Most people would be quick to say this sounds like Chuck Berry, which is true to certain extent, but this style is Texas boogie & proly closer to Jimmy Vaughn (Stevie Ray Vaughn's older brother). Proud to say this guy is from Texas. Only a Texan can have swagger like this...

I can not hear "Pick up the Pieces" without thinking about Hustle Man :lol:

Yeah psk you were the who actually put me on. Big fan, a friend of mine went and saw him at Beale Street Music Festival and she came back and talked about it for a solid week.
I see he has a new album coming out as well, def going to have to buy that when it does drop

laugh.gif
 WTH!?

Anyway, how about something from the legendary Buddy Rich and Ed Shaughnessy! Back when they had jazz on TV!

Soulive - Tuesday Night Squad & live version from Bolive Brooklyn Bowl 2011 with Karl Denson

I laughed so hard during his seen & laughed even harder when I realized Karl Denson was the sax player in Sexual Chocolate...

Back
Top Bottom