Official Jazz thread

The Randy Watson Experience - Morning Bell

?uestlove & The Roots keyboard James Poyser side project. It's funny how many hip hop acts & young jazz musicians listen to Radiohead. Nice imaginative cover...

Les McCann & Eddie Harris - Cold Duck Time

& speak of...Syncopated rhythm at it's finest. People tend this period in the 70s as soul jazz....

Stevie Ray Vaughan - Riviera Paradise (live from Austin City Limits 1989)

RIP Stevie...So glad I got to see you live before you passed. Quiet fury...

Van Morrison - Moondance

I know this isn't necessarily jazz, but Van drew heavy influences from Miles, Coltrane, & Rollins as a multi instrumentalist including the sax. My god father always had this album on heavy rotation from October to the end of November. It exuded fall/autumn. Had to post this in here.

Last edited:
^ That's jazz-enough for me! And those riffs by Stevie Ray... smooth.

Some Monty for today.

Last edited:
Diana Krall's new album came out today. Listening to it now to determine if its something I'd want to purchase
There are a lot of tracks, so far nothing really stands out. Sounds the same as her other albums but I've always liked her voice so it isn't a bad thing.

Diana Krall's new album came out today. Listening to it now to determine if its something I'd want to purchase
There are a lot of tracks, so far nothing really stands out. Sounds the same as her other albums but I've always liked her voice so it isn't a bad thing.

Some sight had it available to stream & outside of the cover, I was underwhelmed...

With apologies to Wes for posting this in his thread, but I had to add this. The drummer is so ill...He's getting his drumming on...

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I actually saw that a couple weeks ago.
My man is living his life and enjoying every minute of it.

Ray Charles & Milt Jackson - X-Ray Blues & Bag Of Blues

Ok, back to some jazz. If you're a jazz fan, please pick up this album (Soul Meeting). It's an amazing album from an amazing group of musicians....

Ray Charles - (p)
Milt Jackson - (v)
Billy Mitchell - (s)
Kenny Burrell - (g)
Oscar Pettiford - (b)
Percy Heath - (b)
Connie Kay - (d)
Art Taylor - (d)

Last edited:
The Robert Glasper Trio - Bahena, J.Dillalude & Stakes is High (Live 3/27/11 Jazz Showcase Chicago)

Lionel Loueke & Gretchen Parlato - Nonvignon

I've posted this before, but I love this version of Loueke's song. Always love Latin & African rhythms incorporated into jazz...I've gotta try & catch Loueke live if he comes around my way...

Last edited:
Russell Malone - Beautiful Love (ft. Romero Lubambo)

Wow, I forgot about Malone. His stuff has been sitting in my iPod untouched for at least a year until shuffle mode played this just now. With the legendary Lubambo. Malone played a lot with Diana Krall early in her career...Love this song...

Q-Tip - Poetry (Ft. Erykah Badu & Roy Hargrove)

Tying in my Hargrove post with LONGSTROKE's Badu post...:smokin

Last edited:
Robert Glasper - The Consequences of Jealousy (ft Meshell Ndegeocello - Georgia Anne Muldrow Remix)

Remix EP is out...

Armand Hirsch Trio - My Favorite Things (ft. Gretchen Parlato)

Yo Sinner P, that vid says its not playable in this region (assuming here in the states).

Back
Top Bottom