Official Jazz thread

Just stumbled on a footage for an upcoming doc on Ninety Miles which is a group I've posted in here several times. Group features Christian Scott (t), David Sanchez (s), & Stefon Harris (v). They released their album earlier this year & it's one of my favorite jazz releases from the last several years. I've always had an affinity for Latin flavored jazz. The link to the group's site is below. Not sure when the doc is coming out...

http://ninetymilesproject.com/index.php

Heard this on the way home and was really feeling it. Just makes you want to get up and dance

Robert Glasper has a remix EP coming out Oct 9th & The Bad Plus have a new one coming out Sept 25th.

Not too familiar with Law, but I really like Cal Tjader's stuff... 

The few CD's of his that I have are of the samba/bossa nova variety... so perhaps you can start there?

Or do you like jazz with vibes, which in that case you can try artists like Milt Jackson.

[if IE]><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="640" height="390" /><![endif]

just looked him up on youtube, a lot of stuff I'm liking. thanks! repped

^ Cool. Glad you liked it.

Some great stuff posted in the last 2 days here guys... I haven't listened to Jordan in a long time.

Love Red Garland's stuff...

Awesome. I don't have any Bobby Hutcherson...

Amazing how good the audio/video quality is on some of these videos... 60's!

Huge fan of Wes Montgomery, one of my favorite guitarists of any genre.

I don't know much about this guy, but was just browsing youtube at work and came across him. Vincent Herring

My dad listenens to a ton of Grover Washington. This is one of the more memorable tracks I've heard him playing.

Come on, just look at that line-up!

Clark Terry (fl, tp)

Oscar Peterson (p)

Ronnie Scott (ts)

Niels Pedersen (b)

Joe Pass (g)

Milt Jackson (vb)

Bobby Durham (dr)

This sound familiar?
First time hearing this song, didn't know this is where Santana got Black Magic Woman from

Dizzie Gillespie - Kush

Dizzie has a couple of versions of this song. This is my favorite...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom