Official Jeremy Lin Thread.

Originally Posted by ALSDAMAN24

Floyd is right but as usual he just said it in his normal a hole way. Its obvious Lin's nationality has played a factor in the amount national coverage this story has got. If Jeremy Lin was a brother named Jerome who played college ball in the MEAC who was puttin up these numbers then I'd doubt if CNN would talk about it.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
@ the specifics.

Originally Posted by ALSDAMAN24

Floyd is right but as usual he just said it in his normal a hole way. Its obvious Lin's nationality has played a factor in the amount national coverage this story has got. If Jeremy Lin was a brother named Jerome who played college ball in the MEAC who was puttin up these numbers then I'd doubt if CNN would talk about it.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
@ the specifics.

Originally Posted by BEAST MODE

Floyd's stance is extremely condescending, especially coming from someone who has said slick racist %$%% in the past. Can't believe some of y'all are letting him slide. 
How so? AFTER GAME TWO, Lin was crowned the king of the Knicks, it's his team and we don't want Melo. NY media really started this BS and the nation just took it and ran with it. Floyd clearly said he's a good player (which he is) but to act like him being Asian has nothing to do with all of this attention is foolish. If it was a black person putting up these numbers over a week of starting, you wouldn't know it.

The fact that I have to see in the media "Will Lin Last with Carmelo" "Will Carmelo stay in NY" and all of these bizarre tabloids is ridiculous. Carmelo has proven himself for almost a decade...Lin who has played in multiple games, came off the bench for us earlier in the year looking like a lost And 1 player but off FIVE great games he is now our leader and should be his team. This is what frustrates me, why can't we just let him play and hopefully continue to play at the level he's played at the last week? 

Floyd's stance is extremely condescending, especially coming from someone who has said slick racist %$%% in the past. Can't believe some of y'all are letting him slide. 
How so? AFTER GAME TWO, Lin was crowned the king of the Knicks, it's his team and we don't want Melo. NY media really started this BS and the nation just took it and ran with it. Floyd clearly said he's a good player (which he is) but to act like him being Asian has nothing to do with all of this attention is foolish. If it was a black person putting up these numbers over a week of starting, you wouldn't know it.

The fact that I have to see in the media "Will Lin Last with Carmelo" "Will Carmelo stay in NY" and all of these bizarre tabloids is ridiculous. Carmelo has proven himself for almost a decade...Lin who has played in multiple games, came off the bench for us earlier in the year looking like a lost And 1 player but off FIVE great games he is now our leader and should be his team. This is what frustrates me, why can't we just let him play and hopefully continue to play at the level he's played at the last week? 

Where was this hype when Anthony Morrow dropped 37 and then followed it with 25 a couple years back?

Lets not be naive, race is playing a huge part with the hype around Lin. Add in the fact that he's playing for the Knicks with NY media and seemingly doing something neither Amare or Melo could do...you have yourself quite a recipe for hype. As much as people may want to deny it, the Warriors had him on the roster to sell tickets. He's proving them wrong...at least for now.

For those of us who actually watched some of his games at Harvard then with the Warriors, his recent success comes at a complete surprise. Lets see if he can actually sustain it through the end of the year. Sooner or later defenses will adjust...or at least they should.

Where was this hype when Anthony Morrow dropped 37 and then followed it with 25 a couple years back?

Lets not be naive, race is playing a huge part with the hype around Lin. Add in the fact that he's playing for the Knicks with NY media and seemingly doing something neither Amare or Melo could do...you have yourself quite a recipe for hype. As much as people may want to deny it, the Warriors had him on the roster to sell tickets. He's proving them wrong...at least for now.

For those of us who actually watched some of his games at Harvard then with the Warriors, his recent success comes at a complete surprise. Lets see if he can actually sustain it through the end of the year. Sooner or later defenses will adjust...or at least they should.

Originally Posted by blakep267

umm Floyd is right. If Lin wasnt asian and on the Knicks this would be a non story. Look at the press Monta ellis gets. Rarely any. Dont deny that race has something to do with it. His story attracts attention because it isnt the norm. Thats like a woman playing linebacker for a college men's team and actually being good. You wouldnt sit her saying, " well its all about her skill". No, its about her being a woman and having that skill
Floyd is an idiot.

Don't act as if Lin can't play...the kid can flat out play. What were the Knicks doing prior to Lin becoming a factor in the offense? Answer that for me please.

umm Floyd is right. If Lin wasnt asian and on the Knicks this would be a non story. Look at the press Monta ellis gets. Rarely any. Dont deny that race has something to do with it. His story attracts attention because it isnt the norm. Thats like a woman playing linebacker for a college men's team and actually being good. You wouldnt sit her saying, " well its all about her skill". No, its about her being a woman and having that skill
Floyd is an idiot.

Don't act as if Lin can't play...the kid can flat out play. What were the Knicks doing prior to Lin becoming a factor in the offense? Answer that for me please.

Lin being Asian is only part of the reason why he has so much attention. Would he be getting this same praise if he were doing it in Charlotte, Sacramento, New Orleans, or Toronto? Not likely. He's (to date) succeeding with surprising statistics on the grandest media stage of them all at the Mecca of Basketball. NY media would have blown up any undrafted overlooked player's hype if they we're doing the same thing.

Lin being Asian is only part of the reason why he has so much attention. Would he be getting this same praise if he were doing it in Charlotte, Sacramento, New Orleans, or Toronto? Not likely. He's (to date) succeeding with surprising statistics on the grandest media stage of them all at the Mecca of Basketball. NY media would have blown up any undrafted overlooked player's hype if they we're doing the same thing.

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

.....i have to disagree. disagree 100% with that.

.....the hype around Lin is EXACTLY LIKE the hype surrounding JJ Barerra last year. only magnify that by how much more of a scoring performance Lin is putting on. now, i dare you, try and tell me the hype for JJ Barerra was because of his race too.

.....to add, you know why ESPN and NY media have such an inpact in a negative way? its because people feed into that trash. it really does say something about an area that has tabloid style newspapers as their main source of news. even worse is the people that read it daily and take it serious. people really do need to turn off ESPN.

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

.....i have to disagree. disagree 100% with that.

.....the hype around Lin is EXACTLY LIKE the hype surrounding JJ Barerra last year. only magnify that by how much more of a scoring performance Lin is putting on. now, i dare you, try and tell me the hype for JJ Barerra was because of his race too.

.....to add, you know why ESPN and NY media have such an inpact in a negative way? its because people feed into that trash. it really does say something about an area that has tabloid style newspapers as their main source of news. even worse is the people that read it daily and take it serious. people really do need to turn off ESPN.

A huge reason this story is so big is because he plays for a new York team that had expectations when the year started.

The ship was sinking.

The fact that he's Asian makes the story interesting but the fact is there is no precedent for a player doing this.

A huge reason this story is so big is because he plays for a new York team that had expectations when the year started.

The ship was sinking.

The fact that he's Asian makes the story interesting but the fact is there is no precedent for a player doing this.

Yes, Floyd. It's everyday a 15th man on an NBA team, undrafted Harvard grad who was probably hours from being cut (again), steps onto the court and balls out of control.

Enjoy jail, douche.

Yes, Floyd. It's everyday a 15th man on an NBA team, undrafted Harvard grad who was probably hours from being cut (again), steps onto the court and balls out of control.

Enjoy jail, douche.

Originally Posted by gllahone84

umm Floyd is right. If Lin wasnt asian and on the Knicks this would be a non story. Look at the press Monta ellis gets. Rarely any. Dont deny that race has something to do with it. His story attracts attention because it isnt the norm. Thats like a woman playing linebacker for a college men's team and actually being good. You wouldnt sit her saying, " well its all about her skill". No, its about here being a woman and having that skill
Floyd is an idiot.

I never said he couldnt play. but lets be real. If Kemba walker started going off crazy, how many front page stories would he have on espn? Would he be there everyday? No, dont kid yourself. Since when do teams under .500 get front page news? never.

Being in NY and being asian makes the story sensational because its something that we havent seen before. I bet some of you guys would say the same thing if a white QB that had the same skill set as Vick came along. It would be a huge thing, because thats not the prototypical white qb's skills

umm Floyd is right. If Lin wasnt asian and on the Knicks this would be a non story. Look at the press Monta ellis gets. Rarely any. Dont deny that race has something to do with it. His story attracts attention because it isnt the norm. Thats like a woman playing linebacker for a college men's team and actually being good. You wouldnt sit her saying, " well its all about her skill". No, its about here being a woman and having that skill
Floyd is an idiot.

I never said he couldnt play. but lets be real. If Kemba walker started going off crazy, how many front page stories would he have on espn? Would he be there everyday? No, dont kid yourself. Since when do teams under .500 get front page news? never.

Being in NY and being asian makes the story sensational because its something that we havent seen before. I bet some of you guys would say the same thing if a white QB that had the same skill set as Vick came along. It would be a huge thing, because thats not the prototypical white qb's skills

Floyd is an idiot.

Kemba Walker was a lottery pick and pretty much single-handedly won his team Big East title (and MOP) and National Championship. To compare this to someone who was undrafted and has been cut numerous time isn't fair to Lin.

Is the attention a little much? Yeah sure, ESPN is a corporate conglomerate exploiting a story in the world's #1 media market. But trying to diminish what Lin has done thus far is ridiculous.

It was a pretty big story when Tom Brady Went undrafted and started winning chips

Stop dude. Using logic in this thread isn't going to get you anywhere.

Floyd is an idiot.

Kemba Walker was a lottery pick and pretty much single-handedly won his team Big East title (and MOP) and National Championship. To compare this to someone who was undrafted and has been cut numerous time isn't fair to Lin.

Is the attention a little much? Yeah sure, ESPN is a corporate conglomerate exploiting a story in the world's #1 media market. But trying to diminish what Lin has done thus far is ridiculous.

It was a pretty big story when Tom Brady Went undrafted and started winning chips

Stop dude. Using logic in this thread isn't going to get you anywhere.

Cmon guys...yall really taking it too personal because floyd of all people said it...

This threads foundation is based on plenty of cats saying

Cmon guys...yall really taking it too personal because floyd of all people said it...

This threads foundation is based on plenty of cats saying

Call me when Anthony Morrow does this.

2u44v3b.jpg

And please, if Kemba was on the Knicks doing what Lin is doing,  NYC would be going just as crazy as it is now, if not more.

Let the kid cook.

EDIT:  And Floyd has made racially inflammatory remarks before (not this particular Tweet), but for him to say anything regarding race is
eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom