Official Jeremy Lin Thread.

Originally Posted by gllahone84

Originally Posted by blakep267

Floyd is an idiot.

Don't act as if Lin can't play...the kid can flat out play. What were the Knicks doing prior to Lin becoming a factor in the offense? Answer that for me please.

I never said he couldnt play. but lets be real. If Kemba walker started going off crazy, how many front page stories would he have on espn? Would he be there everyday? No, dont kid yourself. Since when do teams under .500 get front page news? never.

Being in NY and being asian makes the story sensational because its something that we havent seen before. I bet some of you guys would say the same thing if a white QB that had the same skill set as Vick came along. It would be a huge thing, because thats not the prototypical white qb's skills
Dude the Bobcats have lost what 13-14 straight? If Kemba starts going crazy and the team gets wins then yeah I agree he should get some coverage. Kemba is one year removed from his team winning the national championship, and like the guy stated above he was a lottery pick. How can you even compare the two? It all comes down to wins at the end of the day.Plus the run Lin is currently on is a historic run at that.

The team is not under .500 while Lin is in the lineup and that's the whole point.

Like the dude on NT that has the sig, "I'm black if that matters." I think that's appropriate for a thread like this.
again, go back to the 50s and imagine a white guy saying the same thing about one of the few black players at the time to make a difference in the NBA.

"oscar robertson (insert whichever player was setting records back then) is a good player but all the hype is bc he's black. White players do what he does every night and don't get the same praise."

Do you know how ignorant and condescending that sounds?

^Exactly. People have to realize that he's doing this in NEW YORK, the so called mecca of basketball and arguably the biggest market in the world.

Originally Posted by blakep267

Floyd is an idiot.

Don't act as if Lin can't play...the kid can flat out play. What were the Knicks doing prior to Lin becoming a factor in the offense? Answer that for me please.

I never said he couldnt play. but lets be real. If Kemba walker started going off crazy, how many front page stories would he have on espn? Would he be there everyday? No, dont kid yourself. Since when do teams under .500 get front page news? never.

Being in NY and being asian makes the story sensational because its something that we havent seen before. I bet some of you guys would say the same thing if a white QB that had the same skill set as Vick came along. It would be a huge thing, because thats not the prototypical white qb's skills
Dude the Bobcats have lost what 13-14 straight? If Kemba starts going crazy and the team gets wins then yeah I agree he should get some coverage. Kemba is one year removed from his team winning the national championship, and like the guy stated above he was a lottery pick. How can you even compare the two? It all comes down to wins at the end of the day.Plus the run Lin is currently on is a historic run at that.

The team is not under .500 while Lin is in the lineup and that's the whole point.

Like the dude on NT that has the sig, "I'm black if that matters." I think that's appropriate for a thread like this.
again, go back to the 50s and imagine a white guy saying the same thing about one of the few black players at the time to make a difference in the NBA.

"oscar robertson (insert whichever player was setting records back then) is a good player but all the hype is bc he's black. White players do what he does every night and don't get the same praise."

Do you know how ignorant and condescending that sounds?

^Exactly. People have to realize that he's doing this in NEW YORK, the so called mecca of basketball and arguably the biggest market in the world.

Now I'm hearing this crap about Melo & Amare need to adjust their game to compliment Lin's game. +%+##!! When their's no football to discuss the media starts losing their mind.

Now I'm hearing this crap about Melo & Amare need to adjust their game to compliment Lin's game. +%+##!! When their's no football to discuss the media starts losing their mind.

Originally Posted by CAto312

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

Originally Posted by VA757VA

...I'm just saying we should pump our collective breaks....espn got y'all gassed..period

....but thats just it though ESPN ALWAYS has people gassed. like how dumb do you have to be to continue to give ESPN so much credit.....and get upset over the %$%% that they're known for doing?

....im so glad i dont live in one of those ESPN on all day households.

...i have an idiot security guard at the job i refuse to talk basketball with because he gets upset about what 'they' said on tv about so and so, so i ask......"who's 'they'", and he replies: "ESPN". im lke aw man, thats your probelm right there! turn that %$%% off man.

....well, that and the fact that he says 'PRoints' instead of POINTS.

....one day he was trying to talk to me about how well Riddick Bowe wasplaying for the Orlando Magic. so im thinking to myself 'Riddick Bowe'......'Riddick Bowe'.........'Riddick Bowe', OH! YOU MEAN JJ REDDICK?!?! you stupid mother %*#$#+?? 
roll.gif

Wow...
roll.gif

As you said, if you're frustrated about the "hype" or undue attention a certain athlete is getting then don't watch/read/access ESPN or any other major sports outlet...it's that simple people.

....he's a DIEHARD laker fan too. and dont know %%!% about basketball *SHUDERS*

...the funniest thing to me is him saying PRoints. i literally have to bite my tongue when he says it. he has more but i just cant think of them right now, i try not to talk to him that much.

....and of course with him being a Laker fan AND watching ESPN so much he absolutely HATES LeBron.

....i stay away from ESPN unless its a NBA game or some major sports news event. so most of these frustrations completely miss me.

...even worse are sports radio listeners
sick.gif
. i dont see how people do it man.

Originally Posted by CAto312

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

Originally Posted by VA757VA

...I'm just saying we should pump our collective breaks....espn got y'all gassed..period

....but thats just it though ESPN ALWAYS has people gassed. like how dumb do you have to be to continue to give ESPN so much credit.....and get upset over the %$%% that they're known for doing?

....im so glad i dont live in one of those ESPN on all day households.

...i have an idiot security guard at the job i refuse to talk basketball with because he gets upset about what 'they' said on tv about so and so, so i ask......"who's 'they'", and he replies: "ESPN". im lke aw man, thats your probelm right there! turn that %$%% off man.

....well, that and the fact that he says 'PRoints' instead of POINTS.

....one day he was trying to talk to me about how well Riddick Bowe wasplaying for the Orlando Magic. so im thinking to myself 'Riddick Bowe'......'Riddick Bowe'.........'Riddick Bowe', OH! YOU MEAN JJ REDDICK?!?! you stupid mother %*#$#+?? 
roll.gif

Wow...
roll.gif

As you said, if you're frustrated about the "hype" or undue attention a certain athlete is getting then don't watch/read/access ESPN or any other major sports outlet...it's that simple people.

....he's a DIEHARD laker fan too. and dont know %%!% about basketball *SHUDERS*

...the funniest thing to me is him saying PRoints. i literally have to bite my tongue when he says it. he has more but i just cant think of them right now, i try not to talk to him that much.

....and of course with him being a Laker fan AND watching ESPN so much he absolutely HATES LeBron.

....i stay away from ESPN unless its a NBA game or some major sports news event. so most of these frustrations completely miss me.

...even worse are sports radio listeners
sick.gif
. i dont see how people do it man.

Originally Posted by JUS3

+1
Take away that he's asian:

- went to harvard

- cut from NBA teams

- threw into the starting lineup and avg 20/5/5

- Knicks going 5-0 ...when they were trash prior

- playing in NY

he's ballin ya'll...don't hate. just sit back and watch good basketball

Originally Posted by JUS3

+1
Take away that he's asian:

- went to harvard

- cut from NBA teams

- threw into the starting lineup and avg 20/5/5

- Knicks going 5-0 ...when they were trash prior

- playing in NY

he's ballin ya'll...don't hate. just sit back and watch good basketball

Lol..now we comparing him to black players in the fifties? Seriously? cats will bring up anything to make a point but is not even close...u.can't compare lin to black players from the fifties...so before u open a can of worms I suggest you don't go there...

Bottom line is... Him being asian has just as much to do with it as the city hes playing in...yu gotta be real to yourselves here..hes a great nba player..great for nyc..I life seeing three knicks eat...but be real with yourselves here..its frickin america and hes not white...race is gonna be a part of it

^ They do.

But when the underdog is suddenly and constantly thrown in the same company as some of the best ever do it, yeah, that irks a few people.
laugh.gif
Okay, a lot of people.

Like me. And I enjoy what Lin's doing, but the criticism/backlash against the sensationalism and hype has nothing to do with rooting for the underdog. Don't get it twisted.

^ They do.

But when the underdog is suddenly and constantly thrown in the same company as some of the best ever do it, yeah, that irks a few people.
laugh.gif
Okay, a lot of people.

Like me. And I enjoy what Lin's doing, but the criticism/backlash against the sensationalism and hype has nothing to do with rooting for the underdog. Don't get it twisted.

Lol..now we comparing him to black players in the fifties? Seriously? cats will bring up anything to make a point but is not even close...u.can't compare lin to black players from the fifties...so before u open a can of worms I suggest you don't go there...

Bottom line is... Him being asian has just as much to do with it as the city hes playing in...yu gotta be real to yourselves here..hes a great nba player..great for nyc..I life seeing three knicks eat...but be real with yourselves here..its frickin america and hes not white...race is gonna be a part of it

Floyd Mayweather is an idiot. You expect big nights from Kobe, Durant etc.. He had to bring race into it, even though Dirk scores big points every night, and so does Kevin Love.

This is why you shouldn't listen to an idiot like Mayweather.

Lin came out of nowhere, he's not your typical NBA story. He's the underdog that is finally shining.

"This is why we can't have nice things"

Floyd Mayweather is an idiot. You expect big nights from Kobe, Durant etc.. He had to bring race into it, even though Dirk scores big points every night, and so does Kevin Love.

This is why you shouldn't listen to an idiot like Mayweather.

Lin came out of nowhere, he's not your typical NBA story. He's the underdog that is finally shining.

"This is why we can't have nice things"

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Floyd Mayweather is an idiot.

....and yet we continue to see people post: "but, but, but Floyd said......". not just in this thread but many others over the years.

....Floyd is a well documented buffoon, you'd think people would know better. guess not.

Floyd Mayweather is an idiot.

....and yet we continue to see people post: "but, but, but Floyd said......". not just in this thread but many others over the years.

....Floyd is a well documented buffoon, you'd think people would know better. guess not.

Funny you mention Dirk, because I just got done seeing Rick Carlisle talk about how Larry Bird would have games where he would be 2 for 13 then hit the last 3 shots of the game to win it, and he was talking about how Dirk has games like last night where he's off throughout the game, but hits a couple buckets late. And as soon as the clip of Carlisle was over and it went back to the SportsCenter anchor, the first thing he said was "Now, Dirk is no Larry Bird…"

Someone mentions Dirk in the same breath as Larry Bird... someone else says "Calm down, Dirk ain't on that level"... everyone is fine.

Someone mentions Lin in the same breath as Nash, Stockton, Cruz... someone else says "Calm down, Lin ain't on that level"... people say "Haters gonna hate. Just have fun, enjoy the ride, and roll with it."

laugh.gif

Funny you mention Dirk, because I just got done seeing Rick Carlisle talk about how Larry Bird would have games where he would be 2 for 13 then hit the last 3 shots of the game to win it, and he was talking about how Dirk has games like last night where he's off throughout the game, but hits a couple buckets late. And as soon as the clip of Carlisle was over and it went back to the SportsCenter anchor, the first thing he said was "Now, Dirk is no Larry Bird…"

Someone mentions Dirk in the same breath as Larry Bird... someone else says "Calm down, Dirk ain't on that level"... everyone is fine.

Someone mentions Lin in the same breath as Nash, Stockton, Cruz... someone else says "Calm down, Lin ain't on that level"... people say "Haters gonna hate. Just have fun, enjoy the ride, and roll with it."

laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom