Official Jeremy Lin Thread.

Call me when Anthony Morrow does this.

2u44v3b.jpg

And please, if Kemba was on the Knicks doing what Lin is doing,  NYC would be going just as crazy as it is now, if not more.

Let the kid cook.

EDIT:  And Floyd has made racially inflammatory remarks before (not this particular Tweet), but for him to say anything regarding race is
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by blakep267

Originally Posted by gllahone84

umm Floyd is right. If Lin wasnt asian and on the Knicks this would be a non story. Look at the press Monta ellis gets. Rarely any. Dont deny that race has something to do with it. His story attracts attention because it isnt the norm. Thats like a woman playing linebacker for a college men's team and actually being good. You wouldnt sit her saying, " well its all about her skill". No, its about here being a woman and having that skill
Floyd is an idiot.

Don't act as if Lin can't play...the kid can flat out play. What were the Knicks doing prior to Lin becoming a factor in the offense? Answer that for me please.

I never said he couldnt play. but lets be real. If Kemba walker started going off crazy, how many front page stories would he have on espn? Would he be there everyday? No, dont kid yourself. Since when do teams under .500 get front page news? never.

Being in NY and being asian makes the story sensational because its something that we havent seen before. I bet some of you guys would say the same thing if a white QB that had the same skill set as Vick came along. It would be a huge thing, because thats not the prototypical white qb's skills

-STOP.

.....people need to learn to compare apples to apples.

Kemba Walker?
Mick Vick?

just stop. apples to apples people. look it up if you dont know what it means.

we're talking about a WALK ON seamlessly coming into a professional sport playing like a seasoned veteran.

....the apples comparison to Jeremy Lin is JJ Barera. who also had a hype machine behind him once he started producing. if you cant explain how JJ Barera had the same hype and it having to do with his race as well.......THEN YOU HAVE NO CASE. every word you type in defense of  it being racial AFTER looking at JJ Barera makes you look less intelligent.

Originally Posted by MaxElite

2u44v3b.jpg

And please, if Kemba was on the Knicks doing what Lin is doing,  NYC would be going just as crazy as it is now, if not more.

Let the kid cook.

And tony romo is better than troy aikman in every category in the cowboys record books nd he's not even close to him in reality...cmon bruh that's not even a real stat..lol..he outscored mj in his first four starts..lets put him in the hall..u cab twist the numbers(which ESPN MASTERED)..espn always making up their own stats..chill bruh..as bad as u want him to be john wall, tyreke, a pg u can build ur team around...we don't know yet...so stop crowning himEdit: comparing him to jj barea is not apples to apples...lins hype>>>>bareas x10...don't fool urself

umm Floyd is right. If Lin wasnt asian and on the Knicks this would be a non story. Look at the press Monta ellis gets. Rarely any. Dont deny that race has something to do with it. His story attracts attention because it isnt the norm. Thats like a woman playing linebacker for a college men's team and actually being good. You wouldnt sit her saying, " well its all about her skill". No, its about here being a woman and having that skill
Floyd is an idiot.

Don't act as if Lin can't play...the kid can flat out play. What were the Knicks doing prior to Lin becoming a factor in the offense? Answer that for me please.

I never said he couldnt play. but lets be real. If Kemba walker started going off crazy, how many front page stories would he have on espn? Would he be there everyday? No, dont kid yourself. Since when do teams under .500 get front page news? never.

Being in NY and being asian makes the story sensational because its something that we havent seen before. I bet some of you guys would say the same thing if a white QB that had the same skill set as Vick came along. It would be a huge thing, because thats not the prototypical white qb's skills

-STOP.

.....people need to learn to compare apples to apples.

Kemba Walker?
Mick Vick?

just stop. apples to apples people. look it up if you dont know what it means.

we're talking about a WALK ON seamlessly coming into a professional sport playing like a seasoned veteran.

....the apples comparison to Jeremy Lin is JJ Barera. who also had a hype machine behind him once he started producing. if you cant explain how JJ Barera had the same hype and it having to do with his race as well.......THEN YOU HAVE NO CASE. every word you type in defense of  it being racial AFTER looking at JJ Barera makes you look less intelligent.

Originally Posted by MaxElite

2u44v3b.jpg

Let the kid cook.

And tony romo is better than troy aikman in every category in the cowboys record books nd he's not even close to him in reality...cmon bruh that's not even a real stat..lol..he outscored mj in his first four starts..lets put him in the hall..u cab twist the numbers(which ESPN MASTERED)..espn always making up their own stats..chill bruh..as bad as u want him to be john wall, tyreke, a pg u can build ur team around...we don't know yet...so stop crowning himEdit: comparing him to jj barea is not apples to apples...lins hype>>>>bareas x10...don't fool urself

Floyd is an idiot.

Dude the Bobcats have lost what 13-14 straight? If Kemba starts going crazy and the team gets wins then yeah I agree he should get some coverage. Kemba is one year removed from his team winning the national championship, and like the guy stated above he was a lottery pick. How can you even compare the two? It all comes down to wins at the end of the day.Plus the run Lin is currently on is a historic run at that.

The team is not under .500 while Lin is in the lineup and that's the whole point.

Like the dude on NT that has the sig, "I'm black if that matters." I think that's appropriate for a thread like this.

Floyd is an idiot.

Dude the Bobcats have lost what 13-14 straight? If Kemba starts going crazy and the team gets wins then yeah I agree he should get some coverage. Kemba is one year removed from his team winning the national championship, and like the guy stated above he was a lottery pick. How can you even compare the two? It all comes down to wins at the end of the day.Plus the run Lin is currently on is a historic run at that.

The team is not under .500 while Lin is in the lineup and that's the whole point.

Like the dude on NT that has the sig, "I'm black if that matters." I think that's appropriate for a thread like this.

.....oh yeah, and another thing.

....people need to learn to dismiss absurd arguments. it makes no sense to even try to argue the Kemba angle because Kemba is no Jeremy Lin. its not the same comparison. giving into that argument only gives them a leg to stand on, when Kemba and Lin cant even be compared in the first place as far as background goes.

.....oh yeah, and another thing.

....people need to learn to dismiss absurd arguments. it makes no sense to even try to argue the Kemba angle because Kemba is no Jeremy Lin. its not the same comparison. giving into that argument only gives them a leg to stand on, when Kemba and Lin cant even be compared in the first place as far as background goes.

Who's putting him in the Hall of Fame?
laugh.gif

Dude, if you can't understand why this is such a big story right now, then I don't know what to tell you. I'm sorry that ESPN and all other news outlets can't wait 10 years to let this play out before they should report about Jeremy Lin.

Oh, and ESPN just made that statistic (otherwise known as a fact) up to put him in a picture with those other guys? Ok sure
laugh.gif

Who's putting him in the Hall of Fame?
laugh.gif

Dude, if you can't understand why this is such a big story right now, then I don't know what to tell you. I'm sorry that ESPN and all other news outlets can't wait 10 years to let this play out before they should report about Jeremy Lin.

Oh, and ESPN just made that statistic (otherwise known as a fact) up to put him in a picture with those other guys? Ok sure
laugh.gif

most points in first 4 starts is such an irrelevant stat. "Jeremy Lin has the highest scoring average in the second half of february, after 5:00pm at night, on odd days, during days that start with the letter T" *++@%

most points in first 4 starts is such an irrelevant stat. "Jeremy Lin has the highest scoring average in the second half of february, after 5:00pm at night, on odd days, during days that start with the letter T" *++@%

Yea..its a fact max elite...it still doesn't make it a bs stat..lol..even the anchor on SC was like

Yea..its a fact max elite...it still doesn't make it a bs stat..lol..even the anchor on SC was like

It's a part of it. Lin is so unassuming. And his resume is flat as hell. When he takes the court he looks like any kid out of the stands, until he starts cooking. And even the style that he operates...it's like a normal, regular kid figured out how to improvise past the gap in athleticism. (which is a lie, because Lin has very deceptive strength and speed)

It's not often you can witness someone being clever in the moment in sports, but it constantly happens with Lin.

This is a world where we're scouting these kids out at 16...where this thread was made last year but the fanboys more or less gave up on it and him...where this is his 3rd team this year. He's an almost complete unknown. And don't say his ethnicity doesn't have an affect. It's a mix of that and his demeanor. If he looked like Jackie Chain and talked like Jin from Freestyle Fridays, it'd be a different story.

He's super wholesome and humble and hardworking and so damn unassuming and good. Above all else. He should've made us say, thank god he's not as bad as Toney Douglas. It's the Knicks. The floodgates on the media destroying Melo and Amar'e were only held back by football and the Giants Super Bowl run. The timing was everything. Last week was the exact moment everyone was ready to turn on basketball, look at this disgusting mess and call for D'antoni's head...

But instead they found this unknown, unassuming, Asian kid from Harvard who doesn't look built or a speed demon or even like he won't get swallowed by the moment and the pressure. Instead we see a kid who's fearless, clutch, clever and he came from nowhere. And all of us Knicks fans who've been paying attention, would've told you...yea...Baron's coming back or we're getting JR Smith or K-Mart soon, so Lin is probably gone.

It's a part of it. Lin is so unassuming. And his resume is flat as hell. When he takes the court he looks like any kid out of the stands, until he starts cooking. And even the style that he operates...it's like a normal, regular kid figured out how to improvise past the gap in athleticism. (which is a lie, because Lin has very deceptive strength and speed)

It's not often you can witness someone being clever in the moment in sports, but it constantly happens with Lin.

This is a world where we're scouting these kids out at 16...where this thread was made last year but the fanboys more or less gave up on it and him...where this is his 3rd team this year. He's an almost complete unknown. And don't say his ethnicity doesn't have an affect. It's a mix of that and his demeanor. If he looked like Jackie Chain and talked like Jin from Freestyle Fridays, it'd be a different story.

He's super wholesome and humble and hardworking and so damn unassuming and good. Above all else. He should've made us say, thank god he's not as bad as Toney Douglas. It's the Knicks. The floodgates on the media destroying Melo and Amar'e were only held back by football and the Giants Super Bowl run. The timing was everything. Last week was the exact moment everyone was ready to turn on basketball, look at this disgusting mess and call for D'antoni's head...

But instead they found this unknown, unassuming, Asian kid from Harvard who doesn't look built or a speed demon or even like he won't get swallowed by the moment and the pressure. Instead we see a kid who's fearless, clutch, clever and he came from nowhere. And all of us Knicks fans who've been paying attention, would've told you...yea...Baron's coming back or we're getting JR Smith or K-Mart soon, so Lin is probably gone.

Originally Posted by zmoney3

The second part of your post I agree with. Those are the normal off the wall stats that ESPN puts up and pass em off as some crazy accomplishment. But Most points in a players first 4 starts is pretty straight forward. 
He will never be in the same class as the rest of those guys obviously. But the accomplishment is damn impressive and nowhere near an irrelevant stat. Sure theres different things that factor into the accomplishment. But its not like the guy played 3 overtimes in all 4 games and had crazy extra PT to get all those points.

And I would bet money he actually shot a better percentage than Jordan and Iverson to get that. And Jordan and Iverson are 2 of my favorite players to ever play the game. But Lin is ballin. And to try to discredit that for any reason at this point is pretty foolish. If you wanna say it wont keep up then fine, congrats captain obvious. But that doesnt take away from what hes done the last 5 games during a 5 GAME WIN STREAK.

Originally Posted by zmoney3

The second part of your post I agree with. Those are the normal off the wall stats that ESPN puts up and pass em off as some crazy accomplishment. But Most points in a players first 4 starts is pretty straight forward. 
He will never be in the same class as the rest of those guys obviously. But the accomplishment is damn impressive and nowhere near an irrelevant stat. Sure theres different things that factor into the accomplishment. But its not like the guy played 3 overtimes in all 4 games and had crazy extra PT to get all those points.

And I would bet money he actually shot a better percentage than Jordan and Iverson to get that. And Jordan and Iverson are 2 of my favorite players to ever play the game. But Lin is ballin. And to try to discredit that for any reason at this point is pretty foolish. If you wanna say it wont keep up then fine, congrats captain obvious. But that doesnt take away from what hes done the last 5 games during a 5 GAME WIN STREAK.

Originally Posted by VA757VA

...I'm just saying we should pump our collective breaks....espn got y'all gassed..period

....but thats just it though ESPN ALWAYS has people gassed. like how dumb do you have to be to continue to give ESPN so much credit.....and get upset over the %$%% that they're known for doing?

....im so glad i dont live in one of those ESPN on all day households.

...i have an idiot security guard at the job i refuse to talk basketball with because he gets upset about what 'they' said on tv about so and so, so i ask......"who's 'they'", and he replies: "ESPN". im lke aw man, thats your probelm right there! turn that %$%% off man.

....well, that and the fact that he says 'PRoints' instead of POINTS.

....one day he was trying to talk to me about how well Riddick Bowe wasplaying for the Orlando Magic. so im thinking to myself 'Riddick Bowe'......'Riddick Bowe'.........'Riddick Bowe', OH! YOU MEAN JJ REDDICK?!?! you stupid mother %*#$#+?? 
roll.gif

...I'm just saying we should pump our collective breaks....espn got y'all gassed..period

....but thats just it though ESPN ALWAYS has people gassed. like how dumb do you have to be to continue to give ESPN so much credit.....and get upset over the %$%% that they're known for doing?

...i have an idiot security guard at the job i refuse to talk basketball with because he gets upset about what 'they' said on tv about so and so, so i ask......"who's 'they'", and he replies: "ESPN". im lke aw man, thats your probelm right there! turn that %$%% off man.

....one day he was trying to talk to me about how well Riddick Bowe wasplaying for the Orlando Magic. so im thinking to myself 'Riddick Bowe'......'Riddick Bowe'.........'Riddick Bowe', OH! YOU MEAN JJ REDDICK?!?! you stupid mother %*#$#+?? 
roll.gif

MaxElite:

2u44v3b.jpg

How many points did he score in his first 4 games in the league? Uh-oh, looks like he's not in the same company as those other 3 after all.
wink.gif

MaxElite:

2u44v3b.jpg

How many points did he score in his first 4 games in the league? Uh-oh, looks like he's not in the same company as those other 3 after all.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

roll.gif

Wow...
roll.gif

As you said, if you're frustrated about the "hype" or undue attention a certain athlete is getting then don't watch/read/access ESPN or any other major sports outlet...it's that simple people.

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

roll.gif

Wow...
roll.gif

As you said, if you're frustrated about the "hype" or undue attention a certain athlete is getting then don't watch/read/access ESPN or any other major sports outlet...it's that simple people.

Back
Top Bottom