Official Jeremy Lin Thread.

roll.gif
@ Bill Walker.

Chances Lin gets added to the Rookie Sophomore game?

[h1]http://espn.go.com/nba/st...nba-jeremy-lin-real-deal
[/h1][h1]
[/h1][h1]'Linsanity' becomes big topic of discussion at White House[/h1]

Posted Feb 15 2012 1:52PM

WASHINGTON (AP) -- "Linsanity" has descended on the White House.

<p>Your browser does not support iframes.</p>

White House spokesman Jay Carney says President Barack Obama is tracking the exploits of Jeremy Lin, the sudden star of the New York Knicks.

The point guard from Harvard has come out of nowhere to lead the team on a winning streak and he's captured widespread public attention.

Carney says Lin's game-winning 3-pointer at the end of Tuesday night's game against Toronto was the subject of conversation with the president aboard Marine One on Wednesday morning.

Obama was on his way to Milwaukee, the start of a three-day trip focused mainly on political fundraising.

Carney says Lin's success is "just a great story, and the president was saying as much this morning."

He says it's a story that "transcends the sport itself."

[h1]http://espn.go.com/nba/st...nba-jeremy-lin-real-deal
[/h1][h1]
[/h1][h1]'Linsanity' becomes big topic of discussion at White House[/h1]

Posted Feb 15 2012 1:52PM

WASHINGTON (AP) -- "Linsanity" has descended on the White House.

<p>Your browser does not support iframes.</p>

White House spokesman Jay Carney says President Barack Obama is tracking the exploits of Jeremy Lin, the sudden star of the New York Knicks.

The point guard from Harvard has come out of nowhere to lead the team on a winning streak and he's captured widespread public attention.

Carney says Lin's game-winning 3-pointer at the end of Tuesday night's game against Toronto was the subject of conversation with the president aboard Marine One on Wednesday morning.

Obama was on his way to Milwaukee, the start of a three-day trip focused mainly on political fundraising.

Carney says Lin's success is "just a great story, and the president was saying as much this morning."

He says it's a story that "transcends the sport itself."

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

"All I am saying is that before Jeremy Lin can play against Kobe or Lebron, he must take the test. It’s that simple. If you’re the best take the test"  Mayweather
Hmmmm

Why is it the short dudes always coming out the mouth when it comes to basketball?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

"All I am saying is that before Jeremy Lin can play against Kobe or Lebron, he must take the test. It’s that simple. If you’re the best take the test"  Mayweather
Hmmmm

Why is it the short dudes always coming out the mouth when it comes to basketball?
laugh.gif

What sucks the most about all this is the closeted racism toward Asians from EVERY race. I get it, ESPN is aggravating you guys. Just like Tim Tebow. But how does that justify any of the racist things being said/going on?

I swear, people are so quick to pull their Black Panther membership cards anytime something REMOTELY can be CONSTRUED as racism, but there's nothing wrong with making Jeremy Lin jokes left and right. No, I'm not mad. Wanna know why? Because the kid deserves the attention. His play can be directly connected to the success of the team since he's been playing, a team thats GROSSLY underachieving with a guy who really has no offensive weakness and one of the better offensive big men in the league.

No, he's not the next Steve Nash or John Stockton.

But he's definitely better than some of the other point guard options in the NBA right now.

What sucks the most about all this is the closeted racism toward Asians from EVERY race. I get it, ESPN is aggravating you guys. Just like Tim Tebow. But how does that justify any of the racist things being said/going on?

I swear, people are so quick to pull their Black Panther membership cards anytime something REMOTELY can be CONSTRUED as racism, but there's nothing wrong with making Jeremy Lin jokes left and right. No, I'm not mad. Wanna know why? Because the kid deserves the attention. His play can be directly connected to the success of the team since he's been playing, a team thats GROSSLY underachieving with a guy who really has no offensive weakness and one of the better offensive big men in the league.

But he's definitely better than some of the other point guard options in the NBA right now.

Originally Posted by doyung9

most of the people i see holding up the yellow mamba signs or whatever are asian

[h1]When Jeremy Lin takes over your team[/h1]
February, 15, 2012
Feb 15

9:47

AM ET

By Henry Abbott
ESPN.com
Archive

nba_housman_lin_576.jpg

AP Photo
"It sounds delusional now," writes Drew Housman, "but at that point I considered Harvard my team."

Jeremy Lin isn't just playing well for the Knicks. He has quickly become a leader, the man talking on the court and starring in the highlights, just as the team has dramatically improved.

Somewhere Carmelo Anthony may be thinking that was supposed to be his job, and if he is thinking that, he'll have a lot in common with Drew Housman. Housman plays professionally in Israel, runs a fantastic blog and still has big NBA dreams. But what's most important today is that Housman's the speedster point guard with deep shooting range who led the Harvard basketball team -- before his friend Jeremy Lin took over by storm.

Housman tells what that felt like then, and feels like now:

I woke up to a Facebook message. “Jeremy is going OFF on the Nets!

[h1]When Jeremy Lin takes over your team[/h1]
February, 15, 2012
Feb 15

9:47

AM ET

By Henry Abbott
ESPN.com
Archive

nba_housman_lin_576.jpg

AP Photo
"It sounds delusional now," writes Drew Housman, "but at that point I considered Harvard my team."

Jeremy Lin isn't just playing well for the Knicks. He has quickly become a leader, the man talking on the court and starring in the highlights, just as the team has dramatically improved.

Somewhere Carmelo Anthony may be thinking that was supposed to be his job, and if he is thinking that, he'll have a lot in common with Drew Housman. Housman plays professionally in Israel, runs a fantastic blog and still has big NBA dreams. But what's most important today is that Housman's the speedster point guard with deep shooting range who led the Harvard basketball team -- before his friend Jeremy Lin took over by storm.

Housman tells what that felt like then, and feels like now:

I woke up to a Facebook message. “Jeremy is going OFF on the Nets!

Originally Posted by doyung9

most of the people i see holding up the yellow mamba signs or whatever are asian

Back
Top Bottom