Official Jeremy Lin Thread.

from what i see so far in a couple gms...
i dont remember lin shooting this poorly when he was with the knicks briefly. he cant even hit the open jumpers
still needs to develop a floater and stop trying to get all the way to the basket

toney douglas turning it around slowly :smokin

He's not a starting point guard caliber player in the NBA.

The only way this statement can be accurate is if all other 29 starting PGs are better than Lin, in which case, the Houston organization is dropping the ball by playing him as a starter.

But I do agree that he's buns

Last edited:
The only way this statement can be accurate is if all other 29 starting PGs are better than Lin, in which case, the Houston organization is dropping the ball by playing him as a starter.
And start Toney Douglas? YIKES, no thanks.

The Rockets needed a pg at the time, I have no problems with Lin.

He was a product of D'antoni's system.

And is now a figment of your imagination
Rockets will never be contenders 

laugh.gif

Last edited:
Watched every Rockets game this season and all of the Knicks games he played in last season.

Lin has looked good in a couple games with the Rockets and very subpar for the rest of them. He doesn't even do the things he did well during his stint with the Knicks anymore. He has stopped penetrating to the basket and looks very unassertive, he doesn't attack the basket relentlessly like he did with the Knicks and instead settles for long jumpers, which is not his forte. Is that due to the scouting reports or his injuries? IDK.

Harden does all the things Lin does but a 100x better... so that just relegates Lin as a non-factor in the offense. Dude just stands in the baseline corner waiting for an open shot, he's just basically a spot up shooter when Harden has the ball. I still think Lin needs the ball in his hands to be effective and at his best.

I'm still impressed with his court vision, his passing ability is still apparent, prolly would average 2-3 more assists if Asik could ******g finish around the basket. He's also got very quick hands and plays the passing lanes very well, very underrated on ball defender. He's 4th in steals this year I think?

His game still needs a lot of polishing. He needs to hit up Steve Francis in the off season and develop some handles or moves to his arsenal. Lin might be the WORST ball handler in the entire ******g league, he has no handles WHATSOEVER. Every time he drives to the hoop, it's a straight line drive with his head down. Also needs to work on his shot.

I still hold my beliefs that he'll be a very solid to good player in this league, just give it time and be patient. Steve Nash was booed mercilessly with the Suns and Mavs at home during his first three seasons and look how he developed.

Last edited:
And start Toney Douglas? YIKES, no thanks.

The Rockets needed a pg at the time, I have no problems with Lin.

Same here, and if Toney Douglas is can pop off games like his past 2 (which I doubt, but whatever), then I don't have a problem with either one of them. However, 4 points, 6 rebounds, 3 assists, and 3 steals on a consistent basis isn't gonna cut it. Whoever the 4th PG on the Kings can do that for 500K and a box of cereal can get those same stats.

They used the draft pick from the Lowry trade to get Harden, who's the franchise player...

Lin hasn't cracked 10 points in a lot of games so far. I think once the hype died down, ppl thought he would be a 15 and 7 type guy. But he's a 10 & 6 guy right now, which is below avg.

Do people realize 7-8 total games have been played? Seems like people already crowned the Knicks as champs (LOL), OKC & The Lakers as dead in the water, and for the purposes of this thread, Lin as a complete bust. Can people at least let 30 games pass and then make an assessment?

How do you guys feel about the article Wojnarowski wrote?

"I've always been a target," Lin says. "Everyone looks me and says, 'I'm not going to let that Asian kid embarrass me. I'm going to go at him.' That's how it's been my whole life. This has been different, though. Now, I was on the scouting report. People started to pay attention to what I could and couldn't do.
"But a target? I was used to that. I'm not saying I get everyone's best shot, but I would say people don't want to be embarrassed by me because of my skin color."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--a...etter-relationship-with-rockets-14461809.html

Last edited:

Let's go division by division....

Atlantic -

Jrue
Rondo
D-Will
Calderon
Felton

Central -

Rose
Jennings
Kyrie
Brandon Knight
Augistin/George Hill

Southeast -

Wall
Chalmers
Kemba
Jameer Nelson
Teague

Northwest -

Westbrook
Rubio
Lawson
Lillard
Mo Williams

Pacific -

Nash
CP3
Curry
Dragic
Isaiah Thomas

Southwest -

TP
Conley
Collison
Vasquez
Lin

Really the only ones you can put in the conversation of NOT being better than Lin are Vasquez and Isaiah Thomas....and I'd probably say that both of them are more talented than Lin and would be putting up way better numbers if they were in his situation. But really, all three of those guys (Lin, Vasquez and IT) are backup NBA point guards. That's what they should be, and I'm sure after this season they won't be starting again unless an injury happens.

Last edited:
^ Brandon Knight, Mario Chalmers, and Jameer Nelson aren't good either. Also, Calderon, Lawson, and Collison are averaging about the same as Lin.

Last edited:
Lawson>Lin. The rest a case could be made for, I'd personally think Collison is better than him too.

I know Lawson is pretty damn good, but he hasn't been playing up to his potential so far as his stats would indicate. Right now, he's putting up 12 and 7.8 ast/gm.  But when he finds his stride, no question he's better than Lin. 

Back
Top Bottom