Official Jeremy Lin Thread.

guys catching feelings in this thread
smh.gif

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Originally Posted by KB8isCLUTCH

I still don't get why a lot of you are upset about the Jackie Robinson ANALOGY. The dude took ONE comparison from the two figures (being the first of their group to play professionally) and that was it. You guys really like to make a big fuss over something so little.

Lin is not the first Asian-American to do it though? 
Who is?
as far as I knew he's the first full Asian-Am to do so.
Wat Misaka is the first.

eh.  just looked up dude.  wasn't even the NBA then.

I still don't get why a lot of you are upset about the Jackie Robinson ANALOGY. The dude took ONE comparison from the two figures (being the first of their group to play professionally) and that was it. You guys really like to make a big fuss over something so little.

Who is?
Wat Misaka is the first.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Well to be fair, I think my boy Allen is like the Jackie Robinson of the Music forum.....he's white and he goes in the stack bundles thread [charles rogers] aye-day [/charles rogers]

roll.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Well to be fair, I think my boy Allen is like the Jackie Robinson of the Music forum.....he's white and he goes in the stack bundles thread [charles rogers] aye-day [/charles rogers]

roll.gif

Who is?
Wat Misaka is the first.

But that's just being picky. He was drafted by the New York Knicks and played for the BAA, which became the NBA. And KobeClutch said first to play professionally, not first to play for the NBA.   

Who is?
Wat Misaka is the first.

But that's just being picky. He was drafted by the New York Knicks and played for the BAA, which became the NBA. And KobeClutch said first to play professionally, not first to play for the NBA.   

Who is?
Wat Misaka is the first.

ahh.  true..
but really,  be honest., does that really count?...
if we go along with the analogy...the Negro leagues were "professional leagues"... but really... didn't count until he made it to the MLB.

Who is?
Wat Misaka is the first.

ahh.  true..
but really,  be honest., does that really count?...
if we go along with the analogy...the Negro leagues were "professional leagues"... but really... didn't count until he made it to the MLB.

It shouldn't even matter if he was the 5th or 6th or even 20th Asian American to sign an NBA contract. There aren't many in the league (0) and Asian Americans should have the right to feel proud of that accomplishment. For me, it's sort of like seeing a female police officer. She's trying to make it in a male dominated profession, so props to her. At the end of the day, the haters will still hate and say Lin will amount to nothing in the league, so be it. He already accomplished most of us Asian Americans dreamed of, playing in summer league and being on an NBA roster. That's why us Asian Americans are so giddy about this..no one is saying hes the next MJ except for some dude who posted a few days ago LOL.

It shouldn't even matter if he was the 5th or 6th or even 20th Asian American to sign an NBA contract. There aren't many in the league (0) and Asian Americans should have the right to feel proud of that accomplishment. For me, it's sort of like seeing a female police officer. She's trying to make it in a male dominated profession, so props to her. At the end of the day, the haters will still hate and say Lin will amount to nothing in the league, so be it. He already accomplished most of us Asian Americans dreamed of, playing in summer league and being on an NBA roster. That's why us Asian Americans are so giddy about this..no one is saying hes the next MJ except for some dude who posted a few days ago LOL.

I'm guessing Raymond Townsend doesn't count either? Because he was Filipino-American?

eek.gif
I just googled this dude and I realized that I see him around alot, his daughter went to my highschool

6008_1188440397703_1429122377_534603_6540125_n.jpg

I'm guessing Raymond Townsend doesn't count either? Because he was Filipino-American?

eek.gif
I just googled this dude and I realized that I see him around alot, his daughter went to my highschool

6008_1188440397703_1429122377_534603_6540125_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom