Official Jeremy Lin Thread.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

15 pages? You guys are %@@**+! ******ed

Had the haters not come along it probably would have only been 5 pages, but people felt like it was their obligation to go out of their way to let people know that he didn't deserve his own thread instead of letting it die. Ironic considering the thread was started to as a mockery.

Originally Posted by JrizzyJay

15+ pages about a guy who went to Harvard & isn't even on a team roster?

Reasons why i love NT
not anymore.
laugh.gif

15 pages!?!?!?!

what are his stats for next season? with all this hype i better see 20-10-5 every game...

15 pages!?!?!?!

what are his stats for next season? with all this hype i better see 20-10-5 every game...

Originally Posted by amel223

Originally Posted by manilaboyxix

haiti5 wrote:

im seriously surprised that there arent any filipino dudes doing work in hs or college level..ive been to a few PBA Games dudes are legit as hell
laugh.gif

Lol PBA players are wack.  And this is coming from a filipino american.
We lack size.

At the end of the day, even with all the talent, basketball is still a big man's game.

No that's not it.  PBA players suck.  Sure as a whole filipinos lack size but your biggest guys as a whole have no agility, lateral mobility and no ballhandling ability.  Japeth Aguilar is probably your most agile and athletic big man and he doesn't know how to handle the ball!  No excuse!  What the Philippines has to do is send their best athletes and have them train over here in the US or in Europe. 

I don't think you understand what I meant. We lack size, if our guards were a little taller then we'd probably have a guy in the NBA already.
Also, it's not fair to say that the PBA players suck. I mean, they're as talented as about anybody else, just smaller.

If you really think they suck then maybe you could try playing in the PBA yourself.

smile.gif

Originally Posted by manilaboyxix

haiti5 wrote:

im seriously surprised that there arent any filipino dudes doing work in hs or college level..ive been to a few PBA Games dudes are legit as hell
laugh.gif

Lol PBA players are wack.  And this is coming from a filipino american.
We lack size.

At the end of the day, even with all the talent, basketball is still a big man's game.

No that's not it.  PBA players suck.  Sure as a whole filipinos lack size but your biggest guys as a whole have no agility, lateral mobility and no ballhandling ability.  Japeth Aguilar is probably your most agile and athletic big man and he doesn't know how to handle the ball!  No excuse!  What the Philippines has to do is send their best athletes and have them train over here in the US or in Europe. 

I don't think you understand what I meant. We lack size, if our guards were a little taller then we'd probably have a guy in the NBA already.
Also, it's not fair to say that the PBA players suck. I mean, they're as talented as about anybody else, just smaller.

If you really think they suck then maybe you could try playing in the PBA yourself.

smile.gif

Originally Posted by acidicality

Reasons why i love NT
not anymore.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I don't get why some folks can't leave us alone and let us be happy and excited about an Asian-American playing in the NBA.

It's not too much to ask, it's just one guy in the entire league we can be happy about and they're still trying to take it away.

Maybe some see it as something shallow, but to each his own right?

No one's shoving all of this Jeremy Lin stuff down your throats guys.

You opened the thread yourself, so relax.

Originally Posted by acidicality

Reasons why i love NT
not anymore.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I don't get why some folks can't leave us alone and let us be happy and excited about an Asian-American playing in the NBA.

It's not too much to ask, it's just one guy in the entire league we can be happy about and they're still trying to take it away.

Maybe some see it as something shallow, but to each his own right?

No one's shoving all of this Jeremy Lin stuff down your throats guys.

You opened the thread yourself, so relax.

Manilaboyxix, everything I said flew over your head didn't it?  lol 

My point was that your training is all wrong.  You can't get anywheretraining your 6"3 and taller players to play like big men.  JapethAguilar, if he was raised in the states would've grown up to be a twoguard. 

Yoursaying that if your guards are bigger then you would have an nba playeralready.  My point is that if filipino training was different, youwould have your bigger guards! The 4's and 5's that you have over therewere brought up to play like big men whereas if they had grown up inthe states or followed european training they would be 2's or 3's.

There is a reason that the Philippines is behind the rest of Asia in basketball and it's not size. 

Manilaboyxix, everything I said flew over your head didn't it?  lol 

My point was that your training is all wrong.  You can't get anywheretraining your 6"3 and taller players to play like big men.  JapethAguilar, if he was raised in the states would've grown up to be a twoguard. 

Yoursaying that if your guards are bigger then you would have an nba playeralready.  My point is that if filipino training was different, youwould have your bigger guards! The 4's and 5's that you have over therewere brought up to play like big men whereas if they had grown up inthe states or followed european training they would be 2's or 3's.

There is a reason that the Philippines is behind the rest of Asia in basketball and it's not size. 

Reasons why i love NT
People post before they read.

Reasons why I hate NT (sometimes).

Reasons why i love NT
People post before they read.

Reasons why I hate NT (sometimes).

This could be a good sign for future of Asian American basketball. I know some of them can really play the game but they're just not tall enough

This could be a good sign for future of Asian American basketball. I know some of them can really play the game but they're just not tall enough

Back
Top Bottom