Official Jeremy Lin Thread.

From the Summer League footage I've seen, I really don't mind him on the team. He looks decent, but his game needs some work. If he turns out to be a decent reserve then I'm happy, his ethnicity doesn't make a difference to me.

From the Summer League footage I've seen, I really don't mind him on the team. He looks decent, but his game needs some work. If he turns out to be a decent reserve then I'm happy, his ethnicity doesn't make a difference to me.

Originally Posted by ElijahBrohammed

Originally Posted by manilaboyxix

Americans.

laugh.gif
Imelda Marcos' closet is what your country is known for the only thing I know about the Philippines.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

Originally Posted by acidicality

You can't be bringing up these old Asian players that no one knows about....Jeremy is clearly the first in our generation to have a real impact. Back in those days, there weren't enough Asians in America to even care about that
laugh.gif
. And even today, the Asian population is like, 5% of the USA. I don't know why you guys are bringing up these other Asians that have played, yes, they're Asian, but just because they are doesn't mean anyone likes them or even knows who they are.
laugh.gif
Jeremy is one of us, someone that grew up the same way we did, went through the same things we did growing up, you know? My views could be a little different because I actually played with him and knew him, but I still think so many people are rooting for him for that same reason.
Yeah forget about the fact that Misaka played shortly after internment, or that racial segregation was still alive and well in America, or that there are more Asian Americans now than there were back then.

Just because you haven't heard about him, or because you relate to Lin more, doesn't mean that Misaka's impact wasn't real or impressive, because it was.

It's great that Lin is doing well and him succeeding should not be ignored, but that shouldn't trump the accomplishments of someone who helped pave the way for what Lin is doing now.
I don't think he intended to diss Misaka.  All he is saying is that we weren't born when Misaka was in the L so we have no emotional connection to it.  J Lin is in OUR generation, an Asian American Bay Area kid, and we identify with him so that's why we feel excited and proud.

You can't be bringing up these old Asian players that no one knows about....Jeremy is clearly the first in our generation to have a real impact. Back in those days, there weren't enough Asians in America to even care about that
laugh.gif
. And even today, the Asian population is like, 5% of the USA. I don't know why you guys are bringing up these other Asians that have played, yes, they're Asian, but just because they are doesn't mean anyone likes them or even knows who they are.
laugh.gif
Jeremy is one of us, someone that grew up the same way we did, went through the same things we did growing up, you know? My views could be a little different because I actually played with him and knew him, but I still think so many people are rooting for him for that same reason.
Yeah forget about the fact that Misaka played shortly after internment, or that racial segregation was still alive and well in America, or that there are more Asian Americans now than there were back then.

Just because you haven't heard about him, or because you relate to Lin more, doesn't mean that Misaka's impact wasn't real or impressive, because it was.

It's great that Lin is doing well and him succeeding should not be ignored, but that shouldn't trump the accomplishments of someone who helped pave the way for what Lin is doing now.
I don't think he intended to diss Misaka.  All he is saying is that we weren't born when Misaka was in the L so we have no emotional connection to it.  J Lin is in OUR generation, an Asian American Bay Area kid, and we identify with him so that's why we feel excited and proud.

Originally Posted by amel223

haiti5 wrote:

im seriously surprised that there arent any filipino dudes doing work in hs or college level..ive been to a few PBA Games dudes are legit as hell
laugh.gif

Lol PBA players are wack.  And this is coming from a filipino american.

We lack size.

At the end of the day, even with all the talent, basketball is still a big man's game.

But damn, if Yuta Tabuse made it why cant we? (Probably marketing because the NBA isn't as popular in Japan as it is in the Philippines)

laugh.gif

haiti5 wrote:

im seriously surprised that there arent any filipino dudes doing work in hs or college level..ive been to a few PBA Games dudes are legit as hell
laugh.gif

We lack size.

At the end of the day, even with all the talent, basketball is still a big man's game.

But damn, if Yuta Tabuse made it why cant we? (Probably marketing because the NBA isn't as popular in Japan as it is in the Philippines)

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by OneTrust

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Yup, that's precisely it. It's exactly why this thread is 15 pages long, considering the demographics of NT

His contract guarantees like 300-350K i think. But it's a 2 year minimum deal, 2nd year is a team option.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Yup, that's precisely it. It's exactly why this thread is 15 pages long, considering the demographics of NT

His contract guarantees like 300-350K i think. But it's a 2 year minimum deal, 2nd year is a team option.

So why did you edit it then? Clown.
i honestly don't even remember why i edited it, but you seem to have a problem with what i wrote right there saying "dont think i didnt see what you wrote just because you edited it." I only said "you're right, there's nothing to be excited about if hes the 3rd person." what are you so angry about?

So why did you edit it then? Clown.
i honestly don't even remember why i edited it, but you seem to have a problem with what i wrote right there saying "dont think i didnt see what you wrote just because you edited it." I only said "you're right, there's nothing to be excited about if hes the 3rd person." what are you so angry about?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
dudes be reading too deep into things that just arent there.

You can say I like munchkins, and someones gonna come along and be like "don't disrespect the donut. you can't like munchkins without paying respect to the donut first."

!!!!EDIT!!!! is this edit ok with you? I am not calling misaka a donut.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
dudes be reading too deep into things that just arent there.

You can say I like munchkins, and someones gonna come along and be like "don't disrespect the donut. you can't like munchkins without paying respect to the donut first."

!!!!EDIT!!!! is this edit ok with you? I am not calling misaka a donut.

haiti5 wrote:

laugh.gif

We lack size.

No that's not it.  PBA players suck.  Sure as a whole filipinos lack size but your biggest guys as a whole have no agility, lateral mobility and no ballhandling ability.  Japeth Aguilar is probably your most agile and athletic big man and he doesn't know how to handle the ball!  No excuse!  What the Philippines has to do is send their best athletes and have them train over here in the US or in Europe. 

haiti5 wrote:

laugh.gif

We lack size.

No that's not it.  PBA players suck.  Sure as a whole filipinos lack size but your biggest guys as a whole have no agility, lateral mobility and no ballhandling ability.  Japeth Aguilar is probably your most agile and athletic big man and he doesn't know how to handle the ball!  No excuse!  What the Philippines has to do is send their best athletes and have them train over here in the US or in Europe. 

Originally Posted by Buc Em

15 pages? You guys are %@@**+! ******ed

Had the haters not come along it probably would have only been 5 pages, but people felt like it was their obligation to go out of their way to let people know that he didn't deserve his own thread instead of letting it die. Ironic considering the thread was started to as a mockery.

Back
Top Bottom