ayyyyy that chin

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

KB8isCLUTCH wrote:
But that's just being picky. He was drafted by the New York Knicks and played for the BAA, which became the NBA. And KobeClutch said first to play professionally, not first to play for the NBA.   
ahh.  true..
but really,  be honest., does that really count?...
if we go along with the analogy...the Negro leagues were "professional leagues"... but really... didn't count until he made it to the MLB.

The BAA is essentially the NBA. It was formed in 46 and merged with the NBL to form the the NBA in 49. Misaka was drafted in 47.

Negro leagues tho? No one would compare that to the MLB... It is called the "Negro" leagues end of the day.

I mean, there are a lot of unnecessary politics in this thread, but starting to feel like people are making very special criteria to make JLin the first in something when he clearly is not. Word to JLin being one of us in this generation so I feel him...   

KB8isCLUTCH wrote:
But that's just being picky. He was drafted by the New York Knicks and played for the BAA, which became the NBA. And KobeClutch said first to play professionally, not first to play for the NBA.   
ahh.  true..
but really,  be honest., does that really count?...
if we go along with the analogy...the Negro leagues were "professional leagues"... but really... didn't count until he made it to the MLB.

The BAA is essentially the NBA. It was formed in 46 and merged with the NBL to form the the NBA in 49. Misaka was drafted in 47.

Negro leagues tho? No one would compare that to the MLB... It is called the "Negro" leagues end of the day.

I mean, there are a lot of unnecessary politics in this thread, but starting to feel like people are making very special criteria to make JLin the first in something when he clearly is not. Word to JLin being one of us in this generation so I feel him...   

Dude, just drop it.
laugh.gif
You either a) still don't understand why, b) don't try to understand why or c) just want to hate on Lin for no reason. If you fail to understand that he really is the first in our generation, after all the posts people have made describing it, either you have horrible reading comprehension or you just have something against Jeremy.

Dude, just drop it.
laugh.gif
You either a) still don't understand why, b) don't try to understand why or c) just want to hate on Lin for no reason. If you fail to understand that he really is the first in our generation, after all the posts people have made describing it, either you have horrible reading comprehension or you just have something against Jeremy.

The fact of the matter is, if Lin plays more than 3 NBA games, he will be the most successful Asian-American.

And he has a chance to do that.

A kid from an Ivy league school like Harvard having a successful NBA career, and asian for that matter, you don't see that everyday.

So here's hoping for a long career for Lin.

The fact of the matter is, if Lin plays more than 3 NBA games, he will be the most successful Asian-American.

And he has a chance to do that.

A kid from an Ivy league school like Harvard having a successful NBA career, and asian for that matter, you don't see that everyday.

So here's hoping for a long career for Lin.

Originally Posted by acidicality

Dude, just drop it.
laugh.gif

It's all good, brah. If you actually read this thread, you would know that I have praised JLin and am hoping he will have a successful season. Stop being a STAN already tho, he ain't your brother. And stop using "we" and "us" in your responses like you represent all Asian Americans. Brushing up on your Asian American history - basketball edition would help too.
tongue.gif

Dude, just drop it.
laugh.gif

It's all good, brah. If you actually read this thread, you would know that I have praised JLin and am hoping he will have a successful season. Stop being a STAN already tho, he ain't your brother. And stop using "we" and "us" in your responses like you represent all Asian Americans. Brushing up on your Asian American history - basketball edition would help too.
tongue.gif

I may not represent all Asian-Americans, but I can confidently say I can speak for most of the Asian-Americans (and more specifically all the ABCs) living in Silicon Valley (where Jeremy is from as well). It's just something I've explained in all my other posts and I'm not getting into it again, just accept the fact that Jeremy's impact is huge to a lot of people and while part of it is definitely his racial background, it goes a lot deeper than that. That's that.

Like Dirty said, you can bring up those old Asian-American history stuff, but does it really count? If they really did, people would know about them more and they wouldn't be just basketball facts from the past, way before most of us were born.

I may not represent all Asian-Americans, but I can confidently say I can speak for most of the Asian-Americans (and more specifically all the ABCs) living in Silicon Valley (where Jeremy is from as well). It's just something I've explained in all my other posts and I'm not getting into it again, just accept the fact that Jeremy's impact is huge to a lot of people and while part of it is definitely his racial background, it goes a lot deeper than that. That's that.

Like Dirty said, you can bring up those old Asian-American history stuff, but does it really count? If they really did, people would know about them more and they wouldn't be just basketball facts from the past, way before most of us were born.

Originally Posted by My Hustle So Russell

I'm guessing Raymond Townsend doesn't count either? Because he was Filipino-American?

eek.gif
I just googled this dude and I realized that I see him around alot, his daughter went to my highschool

6008_1188440397703_1429122377_534603_6540125_n.jpg
dat chin

Originally Posted by My Hustle So Russell

I'm guessing Raymond Townsend doesn't count either? Because he was Filipino-American?

eek.gif
I just googled this dude and I realized that I see him around alot, his daughter went to my highschool

6008_1188440397703_1429122377_534603_6540125_n.jpg
dat chin

who would you guys suggest jeremy lin be compared to since everyone seems to be getting riled up over jackie robinson. im sure everyone in here is fully aware that jeremy lin's struggles are nothing compared to what jackie had to go through. dudes are taking things way outta context with that.

who would you guys suggest jeremy lin be compared to since everyone seems to be getting riled up over jackie robinson. im sure everyone in here is fully aware that jeremy lin's struggles are nothing compared to what jackie had to go through. dudes are taking things way outta context with that.

roll.gif

You speak for yourself. You are the not the ambassador of the Asian American community in the Silicon Valley. I have family and friends around there and they are rooting for JLin just like you, but they are not going overboard suggesting JLin will make that big of an impact on society right now. You can hope for that change (I hope too), but it is an opinion, not a fact yet.  

So people like you that don't know about Wat Misaka's background is right, but people that are knowledgeable about Asian American history is wrong? Who let you decide what counts and what doesn't count? It happened in history already, case closed. That kind of thinking suggests people will forget about JLin if he fails to have a successful career like Misaka was forgotten. SMH.  

Originally Posted by SuperSaiyan415

JLin doesn't have to be compared to anyone. JLin is a unique story. It was just an overhyped fan that posted the Jackie Robinson comparo.

roll.gif

You speak for yourself. You are the not the ambassador of the Asian American community in the Silicon Valley. I have family and friends around there and they are rooting for JLin just like you, but they are not going overboard suggesting JLin will make that big of an impact on society right now. You can hope for that change (I hope too), but it is an opinion, not a fact yet.  

So people like you that don't know about Wat Misaka's background is right, but people that are knowledgeable about Asian American history is wrong? Who let you decide what counts and what doesn't count? It happened in history already, case closed. That kind of thinking suggests people will forget about JLin if he fails to have a successful career like Misaka was forgotten. SMH.  

Originally Posted by SuperSaiyan415

JLin doesn't have to be compared to anyone. JLin is a unique story. It was just an overhyped fan that posted the Jackie Robinson comparo.

You speak for yourself. You are the not the ambassador of the AsianAmerican community in the Silicon Valley. I have family and friendsaround there and they are rooting for JLin just like you, but they arenot going overboard suggesting JLin will make that big of an impact onsociety right now. You can hope for that change (I hope too), but it isan opinion, not a fact yet.  

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
You're talking out your #@*. Just stop.

I'll just put this out there, and I'm through responding to you. I don't know why I am, since you've shown you have zero reading comprehension ability.
People who don't identify with the demographic (and reading your posts, this would include you) obviously wonder why he's getting hyped up like crazy and why people are so excited for him-and it's understandable. It's not just me-this post is proof of that, and the crowd reaction Lin will have when he first steps onto a court will be proof of that. I've listed out the reasons why we can identify with him, he's part of our generation and all that stuff. If you don't think it's true, believe what you wanna believe, but a lot of people here definitely feel that way. I've talked to a lot of my friends about Lin even before he made it this far (since we all know him and a lot of us played with or against him at a certain point growing up), and the stuff I've put out in this thread is exactly how they feel about it too. I'm not speaking for myself, you may not know anyone else who thinks about it the way I do, but believe me...there are. Ask anyone I know who's an ABC like me (and most of my friends are an ABC to begin with), and they'll tell you the same thing, in a similar way. Just accept that and move on.

Ultimately, his game will dictate how far he gets, but for people living today, he's the first person people can make a bigger connection to because he's our age. If I mentioned any "impact", I believe the biggest "impact" he'll make is inspiring other people to realize if you work hard, you can make it in life in whatever you decide to do, and especially with ABCs and Asian-Americans, he's proof that we don't have to be doctors, lawyers, engineers to be successful. Before him, there wasn't a figure we could identify with that could show that, maybe besides Wong Fu Productions, David Cho, those type of people. But we all know they don't reach everybody, but Jeremy, since he plays in the NBA, does. He's complete proof that we're capable of succeeding, and we don't have to follow the stereotypes of what society expects Asians to have careers in.

The truth is, it really doesn't matter if he doesn't become a star, or even if he gets cut in his first year. He'll still be big to a lot of people, and won't be "unknown" to people like the previous Asian-American players, because of what I wrote in the last paragraph.

You speak for yourself. You are the not the ambassador of the AsianAmerican community in the Silicon Valley. I have family and friendsaround there and they are rooting for JLin just like you, but they arenot going overboard suggesting JLin will make that big of an impact onsociety right now. You can hope for that change (I hope too), but it isan opinion, not a fact yet.  

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
You're talking out your #@*. Just stop.

I'll just put this out there, and I'm through responding to you. I don't know why I am, since you've shown you have zero reading comprehension ability.
People who don't identify with the demographic (and reading your posts, this would include you) obviously wonder why he's getting hyped up like crazy and why people are so excited for him-and it's understandable. It's not just me-this post is proof of that, and the crowd reaction Lin will have when he first steps onto a court will be proof of that. I've listed out the reasons why we can identify with him, he's part of our generation and all that stuff. If you don't think it's true, believe what you wanna believe, but a lot of people here definitely feel that way. I've talked to a lot of my friends about Lin even before he made it this far (since we all know him and a lot of us played with or against him at a certain point growing up), and the stuff I've put out in this thread is exactly how they feel about it too. I'm not speaking for myself, you may not know anyone else who thinks about it the way I do, but believe me...there are. Ask anyone I know who's an ABC like me (and most of my friends are an ABC to begin with), and they'll tell you the same thing, in a similar way. Just accept that and move on.

Ultimately, his game will dictate how far he gets, but for people living today, he's the first person people can make a bigger connection to because he's our age. If I mentioned any "impact", I believe the biggest "impact" he'll make is inspiring other people to realize if you work hard, you can make it in life in whatever you decide to do, and especially with ABCs and Asian-Americans, he's proof that we don't have to be doctors, lawyers, engineers to be successful. Before him, there wasn't a figure we could identify with that could show that, maybe besides Wong Fu Productions, David Cho, those type of people. But we all know they don't reach everybody, but Jeremy, since he plays in the NBA, does. He's complete proof that we're capable of succeeding, and we don't have to follow the stereotypes of what society expects Asians to have careers in.

The truth is, it really doesn't matter if he doesn't become a star, or even if he gets cut in his first year. He'll still be big to a lot of people, and won't be "unknown" to people like the previous Asian-American players, because of what I wrote in the last paragraph.

Back
Top Bottom