Official Jeremy Lin Thread.

I cosign Jeremy Lin.. he reminds me of this kid I went to middle school with. He was part of the team, but because he was Asian he was the center of almost every joke.. He wouldnt even want to come get chinese food with us after school... Now look at him, cookin in the A.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by acidicality

[h1]Not everyone surprised by Lin in NBA[/h1]
By Vytas Mazeika
Daily News Staff Writer

Posted: 07/24/2010 12:19:33 AM PDT

Updated: 07/24/2010 12:19:33 AM PDT

To hear it from those closest to Jeremy Lin, it almost sounds like the point guard out of Palo Alto High was destined to reach the NBA.

At the very least, those who know Lin didn't doubt him.

"To be honest with you, it wasn't a surprise," said Cooper Miller, a teammate at Paly during the 2006 CIF Div. II state title campaign. "I knew that if there was anyone that could go and play at that level, it would always be him. He was always so humble about his skill level, but at the same his work ethic was unending and unfaltering."

Thomas Fang met Lin, the newest Golden State Warrior after signing a two-year contract Wednesday, at a Chinese basketball grade during the sixth grade.

"His mom noticed me and actually recruited me to play on his AAU team," said Fang, who played club ball with Lin starting when they were 11.

High school was a different story, as Fang went to Archbishop Mitty-San Jose and lost his final high school game to Lin in the NorCal final.

"I always knew he was going to make it," said Fang, who became a walk-on at Cal. "He's just persistent in everything and he's one of the toughest and most competitive guys out there."

Lin could barely crack 5-foot-10 most of his high school career, but a late growth spurt changed everything. Lin always had the love and passion for the game, more than willing to put in the time needed to master every technique.

"And then his body caught up to him," Miller said.

Where

Advertisement

did the added inches in height and length — Lin is now 6-foot-3, 205 pounds — make the most impact?
"His ability to take over the game," Fang said. "I thought he was the most skilled point guard, and then with his size not many point guards can stop him."

His coaches are also on board as believers.

"I am not surprised at what Jeremy has accomplished," said Bob Ruehl, an assistant coach at Paly during Lin's senior year. "He had an unbelievable ability to come through when it counted. ... I am so happy for him and his family. He brought the whole Palo Alto community together when he led them to the state championship."

Paly Athletic Director Earl Hansen witnessed Lin's commitment to basketball every time the Vikings legend visited from Harvard. After all, Lin always spent his time in the gym, whether he was in the West or the East Coast.

"I think it's great for Jeremy to realize his dreams," Hansen said. "He's worked hard enough, that's for sure."

Harvard scheduled a game at Santa Clara University during Lin's senior season, and the homecoming was met with unforeseen fervor.

Now a member of Golden State, the excitement has reached a fever pitch.

"It's a big deal in the Asian community to have somebody who grew up in the Bay Area playing for his own team," Fang said. "The story really can't get any better than that."

Well, that all depends on his success in the NBA. And his former assistant coach is confident Lin's open-court prowess and feel for the pick-and-roll will translate well at the next level.

"Jeremy makes plays," Ruehl said. "That is what the pro game is all about."

The Warriors certainly feel Lin will be a good fit.

"I think it makes sense," Miller said. "He deserves it. He's an amazing guy and such an amazing athlete. I'm just glad to have played with him and be part of that whole path, that whole story."

A story with no ending in sight.

"Some people feel it's surreal, but they're going to have to get used to it," Fang said. "He's an NBA player now."
-----------
I played against Thomas, Cooper and Jeremy in middle school. Played on the same HS team with Thomas against Cooper & Jeremy. We also played and lost to Oakridge HS/Ryan Anderson of the Magic. Pretty good talent out of Northern CA for the 2005 & 2006 classes.

Originally Posted by acidicality

[h1]Not everyone surprised by Lin in NBA[/h1]
By Vytas Mazeika
Daily News Staff Writer

Posted: 07/24/2010 12:19:33 AM PDT

Updated: 07/24/2010 12:19:33 AM PDT

To hear it from those closest to Jeremy Lin, it almost sounds like the point guard out of Palo Alto High was destined to reach the NBA.

At the very least, those who know Lin didn't doubt him.

"To be honest with you, it wasn't a surprise," said Cooper Miller, a teammate at Paly during the 2006 CIF Div. II state title campaign. "I knew that if there was anyone that could go and play at that level, it would always be him. He was always so humble about his skill level, but at the same his work ethic was unending and unfaltering."

Thomas Fang met Lin, the newest Golden State Warrior after signing a two-year contract Wednesday, at a Chinese basketball grade during the sixth grade.

"His mom noticed me and actually recruited me to play on his AAU team," said Fang, who played club ball with Lin starting when they were 11.

High school was a different story, as Fang went to Archbishop Mitty-San Jose and lost his final high school game to Lin in the NorCal final.

"I always knew he was going to make it," said Fang, who became a walk-on at Cal. "He's just persistent in everything and he's one of the toughest and most competitive guys out there."

Lin could barely crack 5-foot-10 most of his high school career, but a late growth spurt changed everything. Lin always had the love and passion for the game, more than willing to put in the time needed to master every technique.

"And then his body caught up to him," Miller said.

Where

Advertisement

did the added inches in height and length — Lin is now 6-foot-3, 205 pounds — make the most impact?
"His ability to take over the game," Fang said. "I thought he was the most skilled point guard, and then with his size not many point guards can stop him."

His coaches are also on board as believers.

"I am not surprised at what Jeremy has accomplished," said Bob Ruehl, an assistant coach at Paly during Lin's senior year. "He had an unbelievable ability to come through when it counted. ... I am so happy for him and his family. He brought the whole Palo Alto community together when he led them to the state championship."

Paly Athletic Director Earl Hansen witnessed Lin's commitment to basketball every time the Vikings legend visited from Harvard. After all, Lin always spent his time in the gym, whether he was in the West or the East Coast.

"I think it's great for Jeremy to realize his dreams," Hansen said. "He's worked hard enough, that's for sure."

Harvard scheduled a game at Santa Clara University during Lin's senior season, and the homecoming was met with unforeseen fervor.

Now a member of Golden State, the excitement has reached a fever pitch.

"It's a big deal in the Asian community to have somebody who grew up in the Bay Area playing for his own team," Fang said. "The story really can't get any better than that."

Well, that all depends on his success in the NBA. And his former assistant coach is confident Lin's open-court prowess and feel for the pick-and-roll will translate well at the next level.

"Jeremy makes plays," Ruehl said. "That is what the pro game is all about."

The Warriors certainly feel Lin will be a good fit.

"I think it makes sense," Miller said. "He deserves it. He's an amazing guy and such an amazing athlete. I'm just glad to have played with him and be part of that whole path, that whole story."

A story with no ending in sight.

"Some people feel it's surreal, but they're going to have to get used to it," Fang said. "He's an NBA player now."
-----------
I played against Thomas, Cooper and Jeremy in middle school. Played on the same HS team with Thomas against Cooper & Jeremy. We also played and lost to Oakridge HS/Ryan Anderson of the Magic. Pretty good talent out of Northern CA for the 2005 & 2006 classes.

Originally Posted by ThEPoiNTGoD

YEssir, this is like when the Knicks signed NBA Champion Sun Yue to bring his veteran leadership, his offensive prowess and his championship mentality to the squad
1245112785321_1245112785321_r.jpg

91668623.jpg

%$%? when did the knicks sign sun yue?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

30t6p3b.gif
@ the knicks

Originally Posted by ThEPoiNTGoD

YEssir, this is like when the Knicks signed NBA Champion Sun Yue to bring his veteran leadership, his offensive prowess and his championship mentality to the squad
1245112785321_1245112785321_r.jpg

91668623.jpg

%$%? when did the knicks sign sun yue?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

30t6p3b.gif
@ the knicks

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

I think now would be an appropriate time to bump this thread.
Knew this would pop up
laugh.gif
. Said it before, say it again...Super happy for him. Fantastic game tonight.

"Asian Jackie Robinson"
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

I think now would be an appropriate time to bump this thread.
Knew this would pop up
laugh.gif
. Said it before, say it again...Super happy for him. Fantastic game tonight.

"Asian Jackie Robinson"
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

25/7/5/2 with good percentages (with 5 points coming in the last minute in a close game)

props to the man going against a top flight PG in D. Will

25/7/5/2 with good percentages (with 5 points coming in the last minute in a close game)

props to the man going against a top flight PG in D. Will

Back
Top Bottom