Official Jeremy Lin Thread.

Originally Posted by Regis

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

epox12:
He is the Anti-Tebow to me.
Yeah, on one hand, you have a really nice guy with Christian values that came out of nowhere to lead a team whose main colors are orange and blue to a string of wins after the team was scratching their head from some disappointing losses that came before handing the team over to that guy. Then on the other hand…

...This guy can play 4 straight quarters.
Exactly. Lin doesn't play like crap for the first 3 quarters of the game. 

Originally Posted by Regis

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

epox12:
He is the Anti-Tebow to me.
Yeah, on one hand, you have a really nice guy with Christian values that came out of nowhere to lead a team whose main colors are orange and blue to a string of wins after the team was scratching their head from some disappointing losses that came before handing the team over to that guy. Then on the other hand…

...This guy can play 4 straight quarters.
Exactly. Lin doesn't play like crap for the first 3 quarters of the game. 

Touche.
laugh.gif

That's the only difference I see, though (that Lin is legit, whereas Tebow was… 'fortunate'
laugh.gif
).

Touche.
laugh.gif

That's the only difference I see, though (that Lin is legit, whereas Tebow was… 'fortunate'
laugh.gif
).

Originally Posted by Mycoldyourdone

i dont get the android 17 bit

i liked super lintendo lol

lin diesel is good too
Android 17 is a character from the Dragon Ball franchise. 
Jeremy Lin was born in the Year of Dragon. 

Lin plays ball

He wears #17

It's my best guess. 

Originally Posted by Mycoldyourdone

i dont get the android 17 bit

i liked super lintendo lol

lin diesel is good too
Android 17 is a character from the Dragon Ball franchise. 
Jeremy Lin was born in the Year of Dragon. 

Lin plays ball

He wears #17

It's my best guess. 

It's the DBZ reference obviously and the fact that it's an Asian (Japanese) cartoon
laugh.gif

It's the DBZ reference obviously and the fact that it's an Asian (Japanese) cartoon
laugh.gif

Yea that's a bad argument ska.

The better one is that like Tebow, Lin was seen as someone who could never excel at his position even though he showed success in the past. Wasn't he like the only California player of the year out of HS to not get a D1 college offer? He went undrafted and was basically picked up as a mascot by Golden State to come in for a few minutes once in a while and sell tickets...just like Tebow was seen in Denver after sitting on the bench behind Orton. That's part of the charm. A QB who can't throw. A pg in an era where  super athletic and super quick is the style in point guards. Players who are afterthoughts, stepping up, almost out of nowhere, to become the most important part of their team.

And then when the team began to lose a bunch of games...and the guy(s) in front of him #**% the bed...and the fans became so rabid and desperate, demanding that he get a look...The coach finally relents and gives him a shot, expecting him to fall on his face. But then sabotaged the game (didn't play him the 2nd half), by not going to him down the stretch...just like Tebow. And when he finally got the real call to play his own game, he came through in the clutch time and time again...just like Tebow.

Yea that's a bad argument ska.

The better one is that like Tebow, Lin was seen as someone who could never excel at his position even though he showed success in the past. Wasn't he like the only California player of the year out of HS to not get a D1 college offer? He went undrafted and was basically picked up as a mascot by Golden State to come in for a few minutes once in a while and sell tickets...just like Tebow was seen in Denver after sitting on the bench behind Orton. That's part of the charm. A QB who can't throw. A pg in an era where  super athletic and super quick is the style in point guards. Players who are afterthoughts, stepping up, almost out of nowhere, to become the most important part of their team.

And then when the team began to lose a bunch of games...and the guy(s) in front of him #**% the bed...and the fans became so rabid and desperate, demanding that he get a look...The coach finally relents and gives him a shot, expecting him to fall on his face. But then sabotaged the game (didn't play him the 2nd half), by not going to him down the stretch...just like Tebow. And when he finally got the real call to play his own game, he came through in the clutch time and time again...just like Tebow.

Mine is a lot shorter, though. And also mentions the coincidental main colors of the teams.
laugh.gif

Mine is a lot shorter, though. And also mentions the coincidental main colors of the teams.
laugh.gif

This dude is official. Only thing anyone can really say to oppose is that it's only been 4 games. You hear all this talk about when carmelo and stat come back, but the doubters can't tell you what's wrong with his game other than the fact that they don't think it will keep up. Tebow is clearly a different case, but if he's excelling when he's the main focus, how can adding two stars and them playing bad be his fault? Just don't make sense.

This dude is official. Only thing anyone can really say to oppose is that it's only been 4 games. You hear all this talk about when carmelo and stat come back, but the doubters can't tell you what's wrong with his game other than the fact that they don't think it will keep up. Tebow is clearly a different case, but if he's excelling when he's the main focus, how can adding two stars and them playing bad be his fault? Just don't make sense.

Back
Top Bottom