Official Jeremy Lin Thread.

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

Originally Posted by RunningFishy

he has his stats. but i support yao b4 this guy.. he tries too much w/ the race thing, and so does the media. i understand it, but this guy is far from being humble..

i hope some real leader tames him.
What?

I hope he is trolling.

he has his stats. but i support yao b4 this guy.. he tries too much w/ the race thing, and so does the media. i understand it, but this guy is far from being humble..

What?

I hope he is trolling.

if you really watch the games he looks like a slower less explosive D.Rose. The type of moves, the way he attacks, and his role on the team. He's playing so efficient.  he doesn't look or move like Nash at all.  It's like people don't wanna compare him to a black player.

if you really watch the games he looks like a slower less explosive D.Rose. The type of moves, the way he attacks, and his role on the team. He's playing so efficient.  he doesn't look or move like Nash at all.  It's like people don't wanna compare him to a black player.

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

What?
I hope he is trolling.
What really gets me is "he tries too much w/ the race thing"

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

What?
I hope he is trolling.
What really gets me is "he tries too much w/ the race thing"

Originally Posted by MonStar1

In his previous interviews before he blew up this week, he's said he admires Dwyane Wade's game a lot and tries to model his game off his a little bit.

In his previous interviews before he blew up this week, he's said he admires Dwyane Wade's game a lot and tries to model his game off his a little bit.

also everyone mentions how he plays low to the ground.....credit the Glove for some of that..
  Lin’s basketball agency includes former Seattle Supersonics guard Gary Payton. Payton has given Lin advice on what it takes to make it in the NBA. “He mainly talked to me about staying low and in a stance at all times on offense and defense. He said that [is] one of my biggest weaknesses.

also everyone mentions how he plays low to the ground.....credit the Glove for some of that..
  Lin’s basketball agency includes former Seattle Supersonics guard Gary Payton. Payton has given Lin advice on what it takes to make it in the NBA. “He mainly talked to me about staying low and in a stance at all times on offense and defense. He said that [is] one of my biggest weaknesses.

Originally Posted by acidicality

If anything he reminds me of John stockton.  Not overly flashy or athletic, great ball control, nifty, and knows when/picks the right spots to score.  Also reminds me a bit of Rondo/Rose but less athletic like Monstar said.  

Originally Posted by acidicality

If anything he reminds me of John stockton.  Not overly flashy or athletic, great ball control, nifty, and knows when/picks the right spots to score.  Also reminds me a bit of Rondo/Rose but less athletic like Monstar said.  

i read this today... nailed it on the head
Lin has won on every level. He led his team to a California State title and Harvard to its best record ever. He outplayed John Wall in summer league and was a D league all star. 

The question that JA Adande or any black journalist should be asking but will NEVER ask is why a player who could go off for 38 on LA and break statistical records in the NBA was languishing on the bench... a game away from being cut from the NBA altogether. Why Trent Johnson at Stanford would go so far as to lie to him in order to deny him a scholarship and Mark Jackson would cut him WITHOUT EVEN EVER SEEING HIM PRACTICE on the court. 

Somehow it seems less racist I guess if you pretend that Lin came out of nowhere and that he hadn't been tearing up every level of competition (including NBA D League and even team practices). 

i read this today... nailed it on the head
Lin has won on every level. He led his team to a California State title and Harvard to its best record ever. He outplayed John Wall in summer league and was a D league all star. 

The question that JA Adande or any black journalist should be asking but will NEVER ask is why a player who could go off for 38 on LA and break statistical records in the NBA was languishing on the bench... a game away from being cut from the NBA altogether. Why Trent Johnson at Stanford would go so far as to lie to him in order to deny him a scholarship and Mark Jackson would cut him WITHOUT EVEN EVER SEEING HIM PRACTICE on the court. 

Somehow it seems less racist I guess if you pretend that Lin came out of nowhere and that he hadn't been tearing up every level of competition (including NBA D League and even team practices). 

It's equally "racist" (and I use that term loosely...in the NT/media sense, so to speak) to assume all the black journalists are afraid to ask such questions. They HAVE asked the question. So stop it with all the accusations of "racism." Dude is getting the coverage he deserves right now. Stop making everything about race.

It's equally "racist" (and I use that term loosely...in the NT/media sense, so to speak) to assume all the black journalists are afraid to ask such questions. They HAVE asked the question. So stop it with all the accusations of "racism." Dude is getting the coverage he deserves right now. Stop making everything about race.

30t6p3b.gif
 Lakers could've had him. Dang....
mad.gif

Dude is legit though, very fun to watch. 

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

well why not? you cant be buried on the bench with this much talent and not be given an ounce of opportunity. his accolades alone shows that he is something to be looked at. but he was never given a second look.  can u tell me why? this dude, jeremy lin, even comments on it.  but its obviously overlooked, once again.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

well why not? you cant be buried on the bench with this much talent and not be given an ounce of opportunity. his accolades alone shows that he is something to be looked at. but he was never given a second look.  can u tell me why? this dude, jeremy lin, even comments on it.  but its obviously overlooked, once again.

Originally Posted by Noskey

Originally Posted by werallequal

What a game 
pimp.gif
Bet Kobe knows who the kid is now.

i bet kobe knew who he was at harvard

Asked after the victory against the Celtics if he knew who Lin was, Bryant said "yes." But then asked if he were surprised by Lin's production the past week, Bryant said: "I don't even know what he's done. I have no idea what you guys are talking about. ... Who is this kid?"
Link

exactly someone of kobes stature is not going to acknowledge him ... its pretty simple when your on top you dont give someone on the bottom respect ..... he did the same to lebron when lebron mentioned he is watching kobe every second to see what he is doing ....for kobe to even mention him  ... trust me kobe knows him he just isnt going to tell the media that... you really believe kobes going to tell the media hes heard of him ?get real bro you dont know sport ... 

What a game 
pimp.gif
Bet Kobe knows who the kid is now.

Asked after the victory against the Celtics if he knew who Lin was, Bryant said "yes." But then asked if he were surprised by Lin's production the past week, Bryant said: "I don't even know what he's done. I have no idea what you guys are talking about. ... Who is this kid?"
Link

exactly someone of kobes stature is not going to acknowledge him ... its pretty simple when your on top you dont give someone on the bottom respect ..... he did the same to lebron when lebron mentioned he is watching kobe every second to see what he is doing ....for kobe to even mention him  ... trust me kobe knows him he just isnt going to tell the media that... you really believe kobes going to tell the media hes heard of him ?get real bro you dont know sport ... 

Originally Posted by moonmaster3

Link

And you actually believed Kobe? 

thank you

Back
Top Bottom