Official Jeremy Lin Thread.

Originally Posted by moonmaster3

Originally Posted by Noskey

Originally Posted by werallequal

i bet kobe knew who he was at harvard

Asked after the victory against the Celtics if he knew who Lin was, Bryant said "yes." But then asked if he were surprised by Lin's production the past week, Bryant said: "I don't even know what he's done. I have no idea what you guys are talking about. ... Who is this kid?"
Link

And you actually believed Kobe? 

thank you

tumblr_lz3wip6YF11qku233o1_500.gif

Originally Posted by XxxxMT23xxxX

i read this today... nailed it on the head
Lin has won on every level. He led his team to a California State title and Harvard to its best record ever. He outplayed John Wall in summer league and was a D league all star. 

The question that JA Adande or any black journalist should be asking but will NEVER ask is why a player who could go off for 38 on LA and break statistical records in the NBA was languishing on the bench... a game away from being cut from the NBA altogether. Why Trent Johnson at Stanford would go so far as to lie to him in order to deny him a scholarship and Mark Jackson would cut him WITHOUT EVEN EVER SEEING HIM PRACTICE on the court

Somehow it seems less racist I guess if you pretend that Lin came out of nowhere and that he hadn't been tearing up every level of competition (including NBA D League and even team practices). 
If this is true, Mark Jackson's a bum.

Originally Posted by XxxxMT23xxxX

i read this today... nailed it on the head
Lin has won on every level. He led his team to a California State title and Harvard to its best record ever. He outplayed John Wall in summer league and was a D league all star. 

The question that JA Adande or any black journalist should be asking but will NEVER ask is why a player who could go off for 38 on LA and break statistical records in the NBA was languishing on the bench... a game away from being cut from the NBA altogether. Why Trent Johnson at Stanford would go so far as to lie to him in order to deny him a scholarship and Mark Jackson would cut him WITHOUT EVEN EVER SEEING HIM PRACTICE on the court

Somehow it seems less racist I guess if you pretend that Lin came out of nowhere and that he hadn't been tearing up every level of competition (including NBA D League and even team practices). 
If this is true, Mark Jackson's a bum.

Originally Posted by OneTrust

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Couldn't be any more proud of this kid.  Never would've knew from watching his HS state championship that he'd go on to SON that clown Kobe within a few years. LOVE IT!!

And
nerd.gif
at the haters
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

trying say to hard like always

some of you guys going OD comparing him to other players

Originally Posted by OneTrust

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Couldn't be any more proud of this kid.  Never would've knew from watching his HS state championship that he'd go on to SON that clown Kobe within a few years. LOVE IT!!

And
nerd.gif
at the haters
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

trying say to hard like always

some of you guys going OD comparing him to other players

To the people that don't think it has anything to do with race, y'all are fools
If you believe that this guy never had any decent pg skills ,came storming off the bench after barely playing any minutes, suddenly becoming the nation's most talked about basketball player, and that every NBA scout legitimately believed he couldn't play effectively, y'all are in denial. The stereotype is that Asian-Americans aren't outstanding athletes, there may be a few in baseball, but definitely not basketball at a guard position. NBA scouts definitely took race into account when evaluating him. He has succeeded in every level he's played at. Honestly if Jeremy Lin was an African American athlete with the same exact life and basketball career he has had so far, do you really think he would go undrafted and not play any meaningful minutes till 4 games ago?

If you believe that this guy never had any decent pg skills ,came storming off the bench after barely playing any minutes, suddenly becoming the nation's most talked about basketball player, and that every NBA scout legitimately believed he couldn't play effectively, y'all are in denial. The stereotype is that Asian-Americans aren't outstanding athletes, there may be a few in baseball, but definitely not basketball at a guard position. NBA scouts definitely took race into account when evaluating him. He has succeeded in every level he's played at. Honestly if Jeremy Lin was an African American athlete with the same exact life and basketball career he has had so far, do you really think he would go undrafted and not play any meaningful minutes till 4 games ago?

Originally Posted by ai3mac1

I agree with you up until that last statement.

There's plenty final 4 point guards that went undrafted.  He wasn't a top 60 prospect for the league coming out of school.  Doesn't mean he isn't good enough to play in the league tho.  So yes plenty of players go undrafted that have great careers in college.  Even black ones.

If you wanna talk about race he's lucky the Warriors picked him up.  They knew he would be a hit with the fans in that area of the country.  Not sure how many other teams were trying to sign him.  He had a great Summer League and got signed. 

Also, lets not act like he hasn't got better.  He didn't come out Harvard this good.  All young players are going to get better.  Wall, Cousins, Griffin, etc.  they all got better and so did Lin after a year of NBA basketball.  

I give him props for being prepared and handling all this pressure.  
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ai3mac1

I agree with you up until that last statement.

There's plenty final 4 point guards that went undrafted.  He wasn't a top 60 prospect for the league coming out of school.  Doesn't mean he isn't good enough to play in the league tho.  So yes plenty of players go undrafted that have great careers in college.  Even black ones.

If you wanna talk about race he's lucky the Warriors picked him up.  They knew he would be a hit with the fans in that area of the country.  Not sure how many other teams were trying to sign him.  He had a great Summer League and got signed. 

Also, lets not act like he hasn't got better.  He didn't come out Harvard this good.  All young players are going to get better.  Wall, Cousins, Griffin, etc.  they all got better and so did Lin after a year of NBA basketball.  

I give him props for being prepared and handling all this pressure.  
pimp.gif

I agree, race does play a factor into it. I am sure people slept on dude because he is an Asian American.

But, to use the, "He has always been a winner so he should have gotten more chances" argument is something I can't agree with. There have been plenty of black and white players that have won at all levels that never got a fair shot in the NBA. Some of those dudes rode the bench and were thought to not have what it took to succeed at the NBA level. So I can't agree with that point.

I agree, race does play a factor into it. I am sure people slept on dude because he is an Asian American.

But, to use the, "He has always been a winner so he should have gotten more chances" argument is something I can't agree with. There have been plenty of black and white players that have won at all levels that never got a fair shot in the NBA. Some of those dudes rode the bench and were thought to not have what it took to succeed at the NBA level. So I can't agree with that point.

crazy how i just remember this guy for doing work at harvard & then tearing it up on my squads summer league against jimmy.. then the warriors picked him up & then i never heard about him again.

monta taught him a few spin moves while in the bay area i see.

pimp.gif

i love seeing an underdog story & he's asian-american.. he has a lot of pressure on his shoulders right now with expectations, i'm more surprised that he's been handling the success, fame, & pressure so well.

.. keep hooping my man.

crazy how i just remember this guy for doing work at harvard & then tearing it up on my squads summer league against jimmy.. then the warriors picked him up & then i never heard about him again.

monta taught him a few spin moves while in the bay area i see.

pimp.gif

i love seeing an underdog story & he's asian-american.. he has a lot of pressure on his shoulders right now with expectations, i'm more surprised that he's been handling the success, fame, & pressure so well.

.. keep hooping my man.

Back
Top Bottom