Official Jeremy Lin Thread.

^ Definitely not just you, bro. Not even close. Someone on ESPN said it last night. I think Magic mentioned Tim Tebow, and I think Chris Broussard threw in John Stockton.
laugh.gif

I like Lin and I wish him the best but honestly he is not in a situation for his current stats to continue even if melo didnt come back. Players have breakout games but the other teams adjust to this and when that happens the outcome wont be as great. If he can continue this im all for it, just let me see him go toe to toe with an elite guard and no Derron Williams overrated self doesn't count.

I like Lin and I wish him the best but honestly he is not in a situation for his current stats to continue even if melo didnt come back. Players have breakout games but the other teams adjust to this and when that happens the outcome wont be as great. If he can continue this im all for it, just let me see him go toe to toe with an elite guard and no Derron Williams overrated self doesn't count.

Originally Posted by dyyhard

also everyone mentions how he plays low to the ground.....credit the Glove for some of that..
  Lin’s basketball agency includes former Seattle Supersonics guard Gary Payton. Payton has given Lin advice on what it takes to make it in the NBA. “He mainly talked to me about staying low and in a stance at all times on offense and defense. He said that [is] one of my biggest weaknesses.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

^ Definitely not just you, bro. Not even close. Someone on ESPN said it last night. I think Magic mentioned Tim Tebow, and I think Chris Broussard threw in John Stockton.
laugh.gif

This guy Broussard. Why am I not surprised?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

laugh.gif

This guy Broussard. Why am I not surprised?
laugh.gif

also everyone mentions how he plays low to the ground.....credit the Glove for some of that..
  Lin’s basketball agency includes former Seattle Supersonics guard Gary Payton. Payton has given Lin advice on what it takes to make it in the NBA. “He mainly talked to me about staying low and in a stance at all times on offense and defense. He said that [is] one of my biggest weaknesses.

Originally Posted by ballislife32688

The Lakers adjusted to him defensively last night by going under screens and making him knock down jumpers, and he did. Then they began to trap with Gasol and he split the double.

Not saying he'll keep up this pace but defenses adjusting to him don't seem to be too much of the problem. He's so cerebral that he reads what the defense is taking away and takes what the defense is giving to him. His ball iq is great, that's why I think this is a bit more than a flash in the pan. All he has to do is break down the defense and make the right pass and he's been doing that.

The Lakers adjusted to him defensively last night by going under screens and making him knock down jumpers, and he did. Then they began to trap with Gasol and he split the double.

Not saying he'll keep up this pace but defenses adjusting to him don't seem to be too much of the problem. He's so cerebral that he reads what the defense is taking away and takes what the defense is giving to him. His ball iq is great, that's why I think this is a bit more than a flash in the pan. All he has to do is break down the defense and make the right pass and he's been doing that.

Jeremy Lin will be ok but everybody in this thread knows his numbers will go down regardless if Melo was coming back or not
Another thing not trying to knock his performance because 38 points in the NBA is always going to be legit in my book
BUT How the hell is Derek Fisher still in the NBA?
He is the worst starting pg in the NBA and he is always getting dragged when he plays young quick point guards
They usually put Kobe on the good pg's or even that bum Artest but Fisher is smart being Kobe's best friend is coming in handy

Jeremy Lin will be ok but everybody in this thread knows his numbers will go down regardless if Melo was coming back or not
Another thing not trying to knock his performance because 38 points in the NBA is always going to be legit in my book
BUT How the hell is Derek Fisher still in the NBA?
He is the worst starting pg in the NBA and he is always getting dragged when he plays young quick point guards
They usually put Kobe on the good pg's or even that bum Artest but Fisher is smart being Kobe's best friend is coming in handy

I just want to remind people of a player that is now forgotten by most but some of you remember Ronald Flip Murray who went off just like Lin is right now when ray allen went down in 03-04. He came out of nowhere now look. I hope LIN keeps it up but the story is so similar (Scored 20 or more points in 10 of first 11 games of 2003-04 season, in absence of Ray Allen)

I just want to remind people of a player that is now forgotten by most but some of you remember Ronald Flip Murray who went off just like Lin is right now when ray allen went down in 03-04. He came out of nowhere now look. I hope LIN keeps it up but the story is so similar (Scored 20 or more points in 10 of first 11 games of 2003-04 season, in absence of Ray Allen)

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

The assists numbers and how he leads the team is the biggest revelation. I don't completely remember, but I don't think Flip was that great a facilitator.

Dude is ballin hard. He definitely has my respect. Question is what happens when he hits the inevitable wall? He's doing what.. 35-39 mins a game when he got hardly any burn in the beginning. I know haters gonna hate, but fools better understand it's going to happen to anyone in his position.

Dude is ballin hard. He definitely has my respect. Question is what happens when he hits the inevitable wall? He's doing what.. 35-39 mins a game when he got hardly any burn in the beginning. I know haters gonna hate, but fools better understand it's going to happen to anyone in his position.

The assists numbers and how he leads the team is the biggest revelation. I don't completely remember, but I don't think Flip was that great a facilitator.

Yeah, I remember Flip. I thought it was the best comparison of what I've seen with what's goin on at NY right now. Hopefully Lin doesn't end up like him, though Flip had managed to hang on to rosters for sometime after the initial blow up.

Originally Posted by Insidious Meme

What wall? He threw down John Wall on the ground. He has Great Wall of China on his side. No wall can stop this guy.

Originally Posted by Insidious Meme

What wall? He threw down John Wall on the ground. He has Great Wall of China on his side. No wall can stop this guy.

Yeah, I remember Flip. I thought it was the best comparison of what I've seen with what's goin on at NY right now. Hopefully Lin doesn't end up like him, though Flip had managed to hang on to rosters for sometime after the initial blow up.

Back
Top Bottom