OFFICIAL JEWELRY THREAD VOL. 4 (56k pop off)

any NY dudes that want the hookup at Bennys, just roll with me there , theyve showed me nothin but love since day 1 there, ive brought them at least 20G worth of business just from my boys and associates ive brought through the shop, no ones ever left there disapointed
"I got gangsta **** Kobe Bryant's scared to sodomize, and .45s for them suckas y'all idolize" -Nas

[email protected]

Ktown how much u think the typical jewler would charge for that D&G piece or your shop? I know it depends on quality of stones and all that

AIM:finesseSosa
Email [email protected]
"dont get rap and real life confused"
E2/Council 4 Life/ Rich-Soil/CookinSoul

for arguements sake.
let's just say they charged $500 for the mold (which is super fair)
then let's add $16 per gram x 100 for the 14k raw gold + any gold labor
then lets say $400 per carat for SI quality stones decent color x 9 carats

I can't tell you exactly how many diamonds are in there, but let's say roughly
500 x $5 (average nyc diamond setting price)

a super duper stupid hook up price would be $5,100 on something like that.
and I mean he'd have to love the hell outta you.
because I know what cost is. especially on a custom piece

we'd charge more then that. but it also wouldn't be 100 grams, that piece is thicc.
we'd most likely make it solid, but for the price, it's stupid crazy.
the work ain't bad either. but when you have a belt bukkle to work off of, you can cast right off that, so maybe they didn't make a mold. they could cut right off. I dunno.
all I do know is that is a stupid cheap.

big lesco. it's 100 grams, but what are the dimensions Height to Width? ( I don't care about the thiccness) holla

as for the Franco chain on the doenut piece, it's 9mm and is the same one that Nas has.
weighs 315 grams and is 40" long.

Nas wants a new piece made and actually wants his franco cut down a lil.

DJ Homicide, DJ AM, DJ Ben Baller = A M C
www.myspace.com/iceefreshjewels
www.solerebelfoundation.com

Is wearing a Cuban with no charm a good look? I want to get a chain but dont really want a charm on it what is the best style to get?

im gonna bring a ruler home from the office today, and measure the dimensions when i get home, caus i dont really know off the top of my head, and i think he said it has about 400 stones so its closer to 8 carats then caus they are 2 pointer stones. Theyre still gonna add in some more diamonds and Benny was talkin about how hes gonna put something with diamonds in front of the hinges, but Im not sure exactly what he means, u have any clue ben?

The stones are SI and the white ones are H color, so basically all the advice you gave me about a month ago ben, i tried to incorporate when we started planning out the piece. Also, the mold was made off of a photocopy of the belt buckle, so they definitely did a great job with it, its super on point, i saw the blue wax mold about a week ago before the piece was made.

As far as the pricing, after me and one of the sales guys looked at different size photo copies and planned out that it would be 2 pointer stones going 4 across the letters, and 100 grams, he brought it to Benny and he came out and said for me hed do it for 4700 cash since ive dropped so much there, so I couldnt resist....As far as the chains, they are 10k semi hollow, 19inch each color for a total of 38 inches, chains are like 75-80 grams , im not sure of the mm thickness of them...

Right now im kinda heated though, because I was cleaning it wtih some cleaner on a toothbrush and 2 yellows popped out, they said theyll fix it on sunday tho...
"I got gangsta **** Kobe Bryant's scared to sodomize, and .45s for them suckas y'all idolize" -Nas

[email protected]

my piece customized for me. the 9 and 7 are white gold and the stick and puck have diamonds in it. The a is for my name. not to good at taking pictures tho.
aim: numberr97My Ebay Auctions

hold up hold up....
lescobar,
HE THREW IN A 10K CHAIN TOO? LOL
man..... naw, cmon.

as far as hinges, I don't know if you are telling me incorrectly or if he meant that he's putting in prongs, I don't understand. the piece is already made.
if a couple stones fell out, I would question his pave' work/setting skills.

but Benny is a def. reputable jeweler.

again. for that price I woulda gave him cake up. you did good.
and he actually made the mold? yeh, you came up.

DJ Homicide, DJ AM, DJ Ben Baller = A M C
www.myspace.com/iceefreshjewels
www.solerebelfoundation.com

nah the piece was 4700,i had to pay that upfront, the chain cost 800 which i paid when i picked everything up

he was tellin me he is making these things with stones to cover the hinges and they wont be ready until next week, I have no clue what hes really talkin about but as long as its more diamonds its cool with me, I thought u might know what he meant

Yea the fact that 2 stones came out when brushing it wtih a toothbrush and some cleaner really pissed me off, thats the first time thats ever happened to me, what about how its set would lead to that happening? like, what did the setter do wrong to let it fall out?

[email protected]

ICEE FRESH JEWELS I just had a question out of curiosity and you seem to be very helpful and willing to answer peoples questions.

I check this tread out all of the time, but I know little to none about jewelery. I've got a couple watches and a Gabriel Urist peice (silver dunk hi peice) and that's about it.

Anyways, I was just more curious if you have seen or see ceramics becoming a material that could be used more frequently in the jewelrey world. Just based off a few different watches (the ceramic Chanel & Nikon) I think that the look is super clean (and also extemely durable). Could you see someone actually trying to use ceramics as the material to make a chain or a peice?

Like I said, I don't know @#%$ about jewelry so this could be completely ignorant.

yo k town im lookin for a rosary in white gold. how much u charge? just a nice cross under the medallion. nuttin spectacular

Team DC/MD/VA​

REPPIN 757 BAD NEWZ VA
O.G. Member # DEUCE DEUCE​

i'm not in the jewelry industry, but my personal opinion is that ceramic watches won't be around very long (popular).

watches like the Chanel J12 are pretty eyecatching & different but way too trendy.....stick w/the metal cased timepieces w/leather bands or metal bracelets if you plan on keeping it for more than a couple years.

as for ceramics in other jewelry, i think items w/straight precious stones+metals would be the better way to go as well, esp if you might be reselling or trading in later on. it'd appeal to a wider range of people.

and, no pics of your bashes, ben? oh well, i guess perez will have to come through w/some spy shots or sumthin. just shoot me an invite for your 50th, & we'll call it even. lol
"The expectation we have for Air Jordans is for the MICHAEL JORDAN of basketball shoes.
Lately we've been getting the Derrick Coleman of basketball shoes: bloated, overhyped, overpaid, & underwhelming." --Truth spoken by NT's own "Iron Lung"
F$: AJ V Retro blk/silv Sz10 (2pr) $170 p/u in The Bay (LOTSA other DS 9.5-10 Nikes/J's too)

happy belated bday Ben

nice DG piece Lesco

Just blaze isnt a poser he rocks a lot of lo

Heres my girls engagement ring I copped last week, couldnt get a good pic tho im not good at taking pics of jewelry, its 2.5 ct VS-2 G color
435b8sm.jpg

Heres a shot of my watches and some other random stuff, I dont wanna hear any complainin about the Jojo lol, jojo is 16 ct, Stainless steel datejust has 1.5 ct bezel and .25 on the face, solid 18k datejust from 1960s (passed down to me) has 10 small flawless rolex factory brilliants on the face
33cxf1f.jpg

These are my chains and bracelets: the Wht Yellow triple row tennis bracelet has about 10 ct, the tennis bezel set chain has 15 ct. and a matchin bracelet of about 4 ct. , small white gold bead chain with wht-yellow 3ct dogtag, and a white gold prong set white sapphire tennis chain that i got when i copped my girls ring caus the guy basically threw it in for just the cost of the gold so i figured why not, the shine on it is ridiculous (for some reason I couldnt get the tennis chains to shine in the camera how they do in person) and the DG, here u can see the 2 stones that fell out
2i1e3jq.jpg

I couldnt find a ruler to use, so I just took a pic of the DG on a cd cover so you guys can tell the size
43e5utk.jpg

EDIT - SORRY FOR THE BAD SIZING OF THE PICS AND THAT SOME OF EM WONT COME OUT, SOSA CAN U FIX EM/POST EM FOR ME? IM A DAMN FOOL WHEN IT COMES TO THIS STUFF

[email protected]

nice stuff les but those missing stones are an eyesore, they were easy to point out, other then that ya joints look hot fam

and
:smh:
smh.gif
z_BASKETBALLCROPPRO.JPG
TEAM CHICAGO BULLS

Back
Top Bottom