[[[ Official John Mayer - Battle Studies Album Thread ]]]

Originally Posted by trapmuzik617

Assassin is my favorite joint on the album... stays on repeat whenever i hear it

me 2.

Assassin
pimp.gif

i just wish he sang the chorus more
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Album has been on repeat, no skips, that's just my opinion though.

And here's a performance of Crossroads back in 07, with Eric Clapton.

Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

Alright, I've decided: Edge of Desire is the best song on this album. It captures so much emotion and truth.
Co-sign.

Shoot me, but I think Battle Studies is JM's best studio album.

Originally Posted by True Blues

Alright, I've decided: Edge of Desire is the best song on this album. It captures so much emotion and truth.
Co-sign.

Shoot me, but I think Battle Studies is JM's best studio album.

Edge of Desire is my 3rd favorite.

Top 3 for me:

1.Assassin
2.War of my life
3.Edge of Desire

If we're ranking his albums, I'll go:

1. Continuum
2. Battle Studies (but barely!)
3. Room for Squares/Heavier Things

I seriously don't feel comfortable putting one of those albums last, they're all really good.

1. Continuum

I seriously don't feel comfortable putting one of those albums last, they're all really good.
I can easily throw Heavier Things at the bottom when talking about his studio albums
laugh.gif
Don't get me wrong, I love the album and it's full of good songs butit's just that... there isn't anything on there that's comparable, IMO, to a Slow Dancing In A Burning Room, Assassin, or Neon. The best song onHeavier Things is Something's Missing or New Deep.

1. Continuum

Wow, man that is no where near my list. Without live albums being included

1. Heavier Things
2. Room for Squares
3. Continuum
4. Battle Studies

Edge of desire is the best song on this album. I mean Assassin is good, but I mean the music and emotion on EofD is crazy. To me EofD is like the followingMayer songs

1) Comfortable
2) Split Screen Silence
3) 3x5
4) In Your Atmosphere

All emotional songs with different tempos, unique in their own right. All GREAT songs

Im STILL bumping this joint
sick.gif
smh.gif
pimp.gif

Since i bought it on Itunes, imma buy the hard copy next week when i go to Cosco
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

Home recorded version of EOD from John's Tumblr...

Speechless.

sick.gif

I need dude to do some acoustic stuff at Eddie's Attic again, for old times...

Can someone post a link to the home recorded version of EOD, the link on the website is dead, I know one of you dudes got it.

Originally Posted by rowenarrow

1. Continuum

Wow, man that is no where near my list. Without live albums being included

1. Heavier Things
2. Room for Squares
3. Continuum
4. Battle Studies

Edge of desire is the best song on this album. I mean Assassin is good, but I mean the music and emotion on EofD is crazy. To me EofD is like the following Mayer songs

1) Comfortable
2) Split Screen Silence
3) 3x5
4) In Your Atmosphere

All emotional songs with different tempos, unique in their own right. All GREAT songs
It's Split Screen Sadness...and In Your Atmosphere is easily one of his best songs...i was at the show where he recorded Where The Light Isand
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by PJ and Bompton

Yes, I will play "Edge of desire" and "Assassin" on tour. Get ready... (the next album is closer than you think...)

Good looks on Mayers tweets PJ, I'm not on that Twitter tip yet. I'm really excited for the show in March and already anticipating thenext album.

I've read, as well as having a couple folks say to me that he played it safe with some of the stuff on the Battle Studies album, but I think he's goingto do some real damage on the next one.

Back
Top Bottom