[[[ Official John Mayer - Battle Studies Album Thread ]]]

No Assassin, Edge of Desire or Do You Know Me?
tired.gif

It's pretty much the same setlist from last night ..... except two or three songs .. plus Gravity was a longer jam last night

just so those of you who haven't seen JM don't worry about seeing certain songs, JM does a good job of changing up the setlist from date to date andmixing in a decent amount of songs...the setlist from tonight unlike Hov won't be the setlist for the whole tour...

No Heartbreak Warfare? [or did I step out the room and miss it or something]

He's killin Friends Lovers Or Nothing. I'd say the last 30 minutes made up for the the other Hour and 30.

Originally Posted by YaBoyDiddy

He's killin Friends Lovers Or Nothing. I'd say the last 30 minutes made up for the the other Hour and 30.
It was the first song he played I think.

I wish he had played Assassin. Oh well, still a great show.

This album is kinda weird for me. I don't feel like I can even compare it to his past three (which are all fabulous), but I still like it a lot. I thinkthe whole concept of "the war of love" limited him; Continuum is so lyrically diverse and brilliant. Still, the songs hit home with me. This albumwill grow on me for sure. Go out and buy it.

Heartbreak Warfare- Great start to the album. I love this song, sets the tone sonically and lyrically for a muchdifferent JM experience.
All We Ever Do Is Say Goodbye- Perhaps repetitive, but I always get lost in this song.
Half Of My Heart (feat. Taylor Swift)- Why didn't John let Taylor sing by herself?!?!?!
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
They sing together, but you can hardly hear her. And when you dohear her at around 2:40, it is BEAUTIFUL. It still ends up being one of my favorites, but I'll always think about how it could have easily been better (inmy eyes).
Who Says- I still really like it, real chill.
Perfectly Lonely- Meh, doesn't really do much for me.
Assassin- Instruments, lyrics, background vocals... all are
pimp.gif
Crossroads- Kinda random, but I like the soulful sound of it. Can't wait to hear it live.
War Of My Life- Same as Perfectly Lonely for me. But I can see this growing on me.
Edge Of Desire- My favorite track, I feel it. All-around great.
pimp.gif

Do You Know Me- Wish it was longer, I really like this.
Friends, Lovers Or Nothing- Another song I can really relate to. Lyrics are nice, sounds a lot more like classic Mayer.The last bridge is awesome.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by YaBoyDiddy

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

He played that.
I must of walked out the room or changed the channel or something
laugh.gif

But it was the first song he performed though
laugh.gif

Great show btw. I guess he's saving the rest of the new stuff for the tour next year.

This album is awesome. I liked Half Of My Heart,
pimp.gif
,on the first listenand I agree with somebody above who said Taylor Swift should have been more involved or have her vocals upped in volume. Edge of Desire
pimp.gif

Good stuff.

What did you guys think of his performance last night?? I though he sounded great.. To bad I couldn't see him live

Originally Posted by davidisgodly

^^
cop norah jones new album (The Fall).

10x better album.

I mean, i'm a huge john mayer fan. cover his music, learned his songs, play it on the guitar

but i'm not feeling this album
eyes.gif
expect heartbreak warfare, war of my life.
eyes.gif
2 songs i can say i enjoy
laugh.gif
thanks didnt even know, VH1 didnt even say nothing aboutit
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by yalktalk

What did you guys think of his performance last night?? I though he sounded great.. To bad I couldn't see him live
I'm not saying he sounded bad, because he sounded good, but just something in his vocals seemed off. I still enjoyed it though.

- The setlist was chosen well. Not too many songs from Battle Studies and more older songs, which was nice.
- CrossRoads live > Battle Studies version
- His random rambles
laugh.gif

- His guitar solos/play in general
sick.gif
pimp.gif

Overall, it was well done for a 2 hour concert (I wonder what happened when FUSE went off the air).

I would love to go see him at MSG on Feb. 25th, a friend of mine is ordering tickets Saturday, I have to get it on that.

My first time in the music thread. Just had to share that Battle Studies is ammmmazing.

Not as good as Continuum, but consider thats top 3 albums ever to me its understandable.

Assassin is easily my favorite.

There is a reason why John Mayer is one my most listened to artist of the past few years, his approach always carries so much merit. Everything from content tothe quality of the sound.
The crazy thing is, this doesn't even compare to Continuum, but in its own right, its still a very good album.

So I wasn't able to watch the FUSE performance on the 17th. and unfortunately I can't find anywhere to ahem... attain it (excluding YouTube).

Does anyone have a non YouTube/vimeo type website I can get it?

Originally Posted by viiheaven

So I wasn't able to watch the FUSE performance on the 17th. and unfortunately I can't find anywhere to ahem... attain it (excluding YouTube).

FUSE is rebroadcasting it on Saturday.

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

Originally Posted by viiheaven

FUSE is rebroadcasting it on Saturday.
I don't has FUSE
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom