[[[ Official John Mayer - Battle Studies Album Thread ]]]

just got my preorder in the mail
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
nice to actually have a physical copy...def gonna cop the vinyl though as well

Heads up for anyone interested.

John will be on Letterman tonight, and apparently the live concert webcast is going to be on at 8PM Est (and replayed after the show if I am not mistaken).

Wow.

The whole album has been on repeat like crazy. Literally.

Im listening to this album everytime i have a chance.

Album is too crazy.

1000 out of 5

Assassin imo is the best track on the record.

*!!@ it, every song is
pimp.gif

After a week or so, I can honestly say I really only love about half of the album.

Heartbreak Warfare
Half of My Heart
Assassin
Edge of Desire
Do You Know Me?

All We Ever Do is Say Goodbye and War of My Life are a tier below, and the rest are pretty average by John Mayer standards.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

After a week or so, I can honestly say I really only love about half of the album.

Heartbreak Warfare
Half of My Heart
Assassin
Edge of Desire
Do You Know Me?

All We Ever Do is Say Goodbye and War of My Life are a tier below, and the rest are pretty average by John Mayer standards.
My list is similar except I'd swap All We Ever Do Is Say Goodbye with Do You Know Me? and also add Perfectly Lonely to the list.

Assassin is unbelievably good. I wonder if it will be as good once I inevitably play it through a few hundred times. Covered In Rain is my all time favoriteMayer song but Assassin might just be one of those songs up there too (like Comfortable.)

Boys Noize, I never heard 'Covered In Rain' before. Was it recorded in the studio, or only played live?

I would love to hear a studio version is there is one out there..
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by bkmac

Boys Noize, I never heard 'Covered In Rain' before. Was it recorded in the studio, or only played live?

nerd.gif
eek.gif

There's only a live version out and it's from his 'Any Given Thursday' live album.

I really liked Perfectly Lonely at first because I feel like I could have written it myself, but it just got kind of boring, musically, rather quickly.

Originally Posted by viiheaven

nerd.gif
eek.gif

There's only a live version out and it's from his 'Any Given Thursday' live album.
I have to look for it when I get home, stepping out to eat right now.

Listening to this webcast on CBS.com right now...

Crossroads Live >>>>>>>>> Crossroads on the album

Dude just threw a couple bars of "Empire State of Mind" in the middle of "who says"...
laugh.gif

nerd.gif
eek.gif

Correction, there are a two different live versions! Any Given Thursday is a great one but I personally prefer the As/Is version.

I've been playing this album non-stop since Tuesday. It's literally been on repeat in my house.

Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

Assassins and Crossroads do nothing for me.

But once I hit War of My Life things get nice again
pimp.gif
Agreed. I feel like i'm the ONLY dude who doesn't like Assassins like THAT.

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

pimp.gif
Gotta be.
laugh.gif
Assassin is dope. It's up there with"...Burning Room" with my favorite Mayer song ever.

Originally Posted by Durden7

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

pimp.gif
Gotta be.
laugh.gif
Assassin is dope. It's up there with "...Burning Room" with my favorite Mayer song ever.
Slow Dancing in a Burning Room is one of my favorite songs, so now I'm going to give Assassin another try just because you said that
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

nerd.gif
eek.gif

Correction, there are a two different live versions! Any Given Thursday is a great one but I personally prefer the As/Is version.
I gave both a listen. I too prefer the As/Is version. Thanks for putting me on this song.

first john mayer album that i could listen to from top to bottom that was nothing but dope since room for squares. love how he blended in so much of his stylefrom the past albums aswell as putting that twang in it. one of few artist that actually deserves ur money.

Alright, I've decided: Edge of Desire is the best song on this album. It captures so much emotion and truth.

Friends, Lovers or Nothing is a close second.

Back
Top Bottom