[[[ Official John Mayer - Battle Studies Album Thread ]]]

I heard about this today...13 tracks...hmm...
nerd.gif

What kinda mood you guys gotta be in to get into his music? I just can't rock with it on the regular. Help.

definitely coppin this album...i went and bought continuum after his performance on 9/11 wit Hov..."Gravity" is one of the best songs ive everheard...i dont branch that much out of hip hop but when I do I find good music...hes good at his craft imma support dude...plus he gave a shout to Baton Rougeon "who says" lol

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

What kinda mood you guys gotta be in to get into his music? I just can't rock with it on the regular. Help.
ive played the continuum joint after arguing with my girl
laugh.gif
but ive also played in the whip goin on a date with my girl
laugh.gif
....i playit when im studying sometime as well, im in grad school n its stressing so it kinda chills me out...cant play rap becuz ill waste time reciting verses

I'm convinced there's a John Mayer song for every situation in life. If not situation, at least moods.

I think the moment I realized I was a fan of his music was when I was like 15, sitting in the passenger side of my mom's car, listening to"Something's Missing", while it was POURING outside. It was an emotional time in my life
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by marath0n

Looking forward to this more than anything else on the hip hop side of thangs.
I'm a huge John Mayer fun, but this album looks like it's going to be really folky. I know it wont be another Continuum, because he istrying something totally different but we'll see.

Just saw that the album art was posted on his Facebook page.

7523_157882866251_5295171251_2578130_2277917_n.jpg

Such a douche bag
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

^ He said that he's purposely trying a new creative process then what he's used in the past and start something freash instead of trying to follow upContinuum. So it probably won't sound much like Continuum but most likely it will be great anyway

Originally Posted by kmstivers21

CD Version of "Heartbreak Warfare" is out now... Awesome!!
This is going to be one of those situations where I'm going to prefer the acoustic versions.. not really feeling the album version
frown.gif

Told you katz about John M. years ago. "Room for Squares" years ago, so you know the album is copped.

Originally Posted by rowenarrow

Told you katz about John M. years ago. "Room for Squares" years ago, so you know the album is copped.

this guy. Continuum came out 3 years ago. that was his last album and many people were checkin on him then even. you have to be talkin a good 6 years...

Sidebar - How the **%! did Continuum come out 3 years ago
eek.gif

Back
Top Bottom