Official Jordan 1.5

They okay. The quality seemed decent, not much behind the actual Chicago 1. But I just couldn't do it when I had them in hand at NTSF. Copped the Neons instead.

Mini-story, ignore if reading hurts...

Walked into local national chain store and they had them. Asked for my size and they said someone had just returned them (so soon?). Sales associate brought them out and they were still DS and factory laced. They lifted up the paper and showed me the shoe and I'm just like...can I try them on? I think they were surprised I even asked. Overall TTS fits well, but toebox is definitely larger. A normal Jordan 1 toe box TTS for me would feel a bit snug. These were snug (in a good way) in every place except the toes. I think leather feel is best compared to Black/Whites as said before.

Overall, didn't mind the difference of the mid/outsole and I also felt like it was just a bit more comfortable overall than a normal 1. When I was at the register, the salesperson proceeds to tell me that these are not returnable/exchangeable. I'm like WTF, you just told me someone returned them. They were like, "they didnt' walk out of the store yet." Whatever. Don't plan on returning them, but pretty sure I could if I tried. All in all, felt good to purchase on release day and to be able to try them on.

Last edited:
Mini-story, ignore if reading hurts...

Walked into local national chain store and they had them. Asked for my size and they said someone had just returned them (so soon?). Sales associate brought them out and they were still DS and factory laced. They lifted up the paper and showed me the shoe and I'm just like...can I try them on? I think they were surprised I even asked. Overall TTS fits well, but toebox is definitely larger. A normal Jordan 1 toe box TTS for me would feel a bit snug. These were snug (in a good way) in every place except the toes. I think leather feel is best compared to Black/Whites as said before.

Overall, didn't mind the difference of the mid/outsole and I also felt like it was just a bit more comfortable overall than a normal 1. When I was at the register, the salesperson proceeds to tell me that these are not returnable/exchangeable. I'm like WTF, you just told me someone returned them. They were like, "they didnt' walk out of the store yet." Whatever. Don't plan on returning them, but pretty sure I could if I tried. All in all, felt good to purchase on release day and to be able to try them on.

My friend said they were super comfy too. I can't wait to try them on. Glad you got a pair and it was an enjoyable release experience again.

Sitting in my tore. Size 10 my normal 1 felt .5 big. Wish I would have went with a 9.5 this am

IMO they look completely different. The toe box on these is what makes them look like clown shoes (IMO.) It's has something to do with the jordan 2 sole stitched to the jordan 1 upper that makes the toe box look weird. I think they're cool for what they represent I just dont like the way the look on feet. It's all a matter of opinion I guess. Love your videos bro!

Thanks man and appreciate your support. Here are my observations and I also posted on my Instagram.

So I actually think the 1's are more comfy. Of course the midsole is the big characteristic component here. Both the 1 and the 1.5 run on full length Nike Air. The 1.5 just rides higher IMO. The 2 midsole feels a bit stiffer and doesn't have that "low to the ground" feeling as the 1's do. They also run a bit narrow to me so anyone that goes true on the 1 should go a half size up. Going true to size on the 1.5 gives a "snug" fit to the upper so I guess to alleviate this don't lace em tight. I will say though that it is definitely in relation to the midsole and not the upper itself. The toebox is a bit more squared up (boxy) than the 1's were in terms of shape. Both have the same quality leather (soft) so it's good right out the box. The foam in the tongue is yellow which makes the tongue look yellow while the 1 had white foam that makes the tongue look white. More of a characteristic feel if you ask me. Doesn't bother me. A black Nike Air tongue tag with red lettering on the 1.5 as opposed to a red Nike Air tongue tag with white lettering. Nike branding is in place of the Air Jordan on the ankle. The 1's have that more embossed look than the 1.5. The leather piece that connects the heel of the shoes are also different. The 1 runs wider than the 1.5 which runs taller. The overall shape of the upper looks more in tune with the OG from 1985. I'll say this because the back heel runs straight while the 2015 comes to a slant by the achilles. Overall I think the 1.5 was done well with due justice. I'll do a comparison video in the next week or so. I hope this helps you guys make your purchasing/collecting decisions.

I was thiiiiiiis close to coppin an hour ago at Sheikh.... but with they're **&ked up return policy and the fact that I have the Chi 2015s, I didn't. They told me they only sold two pairs. I have yet to wear my Chicagos. ... I was thinkin of wearing these till I really wanna break out the Chis...

So I'm lowkey changing my mind they don't look too bad based on foot pics. Uhhhhh Let's See I'm a size 10 in regular 1s should I TTS or .5 up or down

Last edited:
Shout out to all the resellers that failed at life trying to profit off these today.
Props to all that wanted the sneaker to wear/collect and got em at retail or for a lil more..no hate..ya'll the real MVPs. I might go after the royals and bred 1.5...I jus wasn't feelin the chicago colorway like that cuz its long and has alotta white...I feel a darker colorway will mask the length of the toe better for my sz 13

Lol love how NOBODY has their Chicago 1s laced up...
Ain't even tryna hide the fact they never wear their kicks

Back
Top Bottom