Official: Jordan Retro IV Oreo Thread 2/21/2015 (UPDATES ON PG 1)

mean.gif

Is this in the process of paint Chipping?
I also notice some parts of the midsole paint becoming rough and grainy. Not smooth anymore. Smh
How much have you been wearing those that they are showing early stage for the chipping? I've been wearing mine, not daily or all day, but I don't have any signs of that onset yet.

How much have you been wearing those that they are showing early stage for the chipping? I've been wearing mine, not daily or all day, but I don't have any signs of that onset yet.

I wore them two whole days in orlando theme parks [emoji]128514[/emoji] i guess thats the reason. I have very worn toro 4 and green glow but still no chipping on those pairs. Im going to let this oreo pair rest for a while.

I wore them two whole days in orlando theme parks [emoji]128514[/emoji] i guess thats the reason. I have very worn toro 4 and green glow but still no chipping on those pairs. Im going to let this oreo pair rest for a while.

Do you change your in soles at all? And can you post pics of your Toros and green glows what are your estimated wear on those?

lol my pair already had those when i bought them. 
Yikes. JB not doing it right.
That's a bummer they are doing that for you. We pay the higher price, shoe should be in better shape.

Ralph, that sucks. I worn mine 3 full days(12hrs shift) at work.. And no paint cracking.

i am also starting to have that issue. i went and looked at myUNDS pair after you posted and i noticed my midsole also has a line starting to form. its like a faint crack but i noticed it. not as visible as yours as mine is just starting out, but i can only assume it will get worse and more visible.

and i only wore these ONCE for my 8 hour day at work.
mean.gif
if the cracking starts to actually get worse after my second wear, i may return these as defective, because this shouldnt be starting to happen after 1 wear.

Funny you say that because back in '13, I UNDS my 2012 blk/red IVs in Universal studios also. After one day in the park I noticed cracks. It pissed me off, but I didn't want to let it ruin my mood. I wore again the day after, spent all day in them and when I check back at the hotel that night, the cracks were along the midsole and the heel. I wasn't doing any crazy activities, no jumping non of that. To be honest, even if I did they still shouldn't have been in that condition.

Its gonna happen, I own more IVs than any other model. Mine have the same stress lines as those. These mid soles appear to be painted, not dyed.

Just wear and enjoy them, by the the time they're beat Nike will be retroing them again.

I mean, its alright if the shoes is going to wear out eventually but if you look at the paints on the midsole of the oreos and the columbia 4s, compared to the 2013-2012 and previous 4s release They are almost perfect in texture, smoothness, too bad they still crack easily.

I brought up chipping way before the release date and nobody believed me. With that said I've worn one of my pairs around five times heavily (mall, zoo) and no signs of chipping or cracks whatsoever. This **** is completely unacceptable

I have horrible luck at just about everything...lol. But the Jordan 4 is my favorite sneak (with the 1s coming in a close second) I have have owned the oreo, the black cement, white cement, fire red, fear (that suede just looks fragile), toro, the Mars blacmon-white, red & black model and I've never had a paint chip. I dunno. I only clean them when its absolutely necessary, and when wearing I'm always aware of my surroundings lol, making sure I don't hit the side of the car peddle or rub a cement step the wrong way. But that's unfortunate to hear that from others. Nike is actually pretty cool about this kinda stuff(in my expereince) and about sending them back to there warehouse for a credit, but then again u miss out on the damn shoe entirely because they don't have any left to exchange. The only problem I've had is moisture getting into the air bubble, my toro 4s had a slightly discolored look to them (much more noticible on white bubbles.

It's impossible for the midsole not to crease.  Hopefully what we're seeing in the above pic doesn't lead to paint chipping.  The fact that it's not yet chipped is a good sign.  That said, if these end up chipping, I'm done with jordans for awhile.  I have way more shoes that I can cycle thru often enough, and by the time I get around to some of them, they may be unwearable.  Still have FR 5s from two years ago that I have yet to wear.

Also, they punched the top lace holes incorrectly; they don't line up with the wing tab holes.  Clearly when the leather was flat (before shoe construction), the holes lined up, however, they neglected to consider that when the leather curves, the wing holes won't line up.  End result is the wing takes all of the force of the laces, and is already a third worn thru with VERY casual wear; will likely ultimately rip thru....lame.

I have horrible luck at just about everything...lol. But the Jordan 4 is my favorite sneak (with the 1s coming in a close second) I have have owned the oreo, the black cement, white cement, fire red, fear (that suede just looks fragile), toro, the Mars blacmon-white, red & black model and I've never had a paint chip. I dunno. I only clean them when its absolutely necessary, and when wearing I'm always aware of my surroundings lol, making sure I don't hit the side of the car peddle or rub a cement step the wrong way. But that's unfortunate to hear that from others. Nike is actually pretty cool about this kinda stuff(in my expereince) and about sending them back to there warehouse for a credit, but then again u miss out on the damn shoe entirely because they don't have any left to exchange. The only problem I've had is moisture getting into the air bubble, my toro 4s had a slightly discolored look to them (much more noticible on white bubbles.

Yeh man I feel ya on that..the only 4 that I missed out on (that till this day) I don't have in my 4 collection is the fire red (red/white) shoes. :\

It's going to eventually chip off. That's exactly how my BCIVs were before the paint chipped. Such a beautiful shoe. I thought JB finally took their heads out of their ***** with the paint chipping issues. Doesn't look too promising for the Viii's that drop later this year

Yea buddy. I'm a jordan 4 phene. Lol. I actually had the green glows too and would always get compliments. There were a cool shoe, but I needed some quick money so I threw them up on eBay. I did the same with the Mars Blacmon because the white leather was a joke, it felt like plastic, it was shiny, it was of very poor quality. On white sneakers the imperfections and quality really show through. But my affection for the 4s is because I like how they fit, where the jeans hit is right on-you can pop the toung and it dosent look too gaudy. I like the simplicity of the shoe, the mid-cut, the CWs are all pretty tastefull, the overall asthetic is on point. Just a very versatile shoe & u can be rocking a very dope/rare pair of 4s and still have a classy vibe. There not attention grabbers, there not flashy. But other sneakheads know what's up, just like a nice clean Rolex or something.
Someday I hope to be able to afford the DB 4s.

Last edited:
Yea buddy. I'm a jordan 4 phene. Lol. I actually had the green glows too and would always get compliments. There were a cool shoe, but I needed some quick money so I threw them up on eBay. I did the same with the Mars Blacmon because the white leather was a joke, it felt like plastic, it was shiny, it was of very poor quality. On white sneakers the imperfections and quality really show through. But my affection for the 4s is because I like how they fit, where the jeans hit is right on-you can pop the toung and it dosent look too gaudy. I like the simplicity of the shoe, the mid-cut, the CWs are all pretty tastefull, the overall asthetic is on point. Just a very versatile shoe & u can be rocking a very dope/rare pair of 4s and still have a classy vibe. There not attention grabbers, there not flashy. But other sneakheads know what's up, just like a nice clean Rolex or something.
Someday I hope to be able to afford the DB 4s.
Well said!  Too bad I missed out on all of the OG colorways from 2012-2013.  Though the quality was apparently not that great.  Hopefully at least the WC or FR will retro again soon....unlikely....oh well...

It's going to eventually chip off. That's exactly how my BCIVs were before the paint chipped. Such a beautiful shoe. I thought JB finally took their heads out of their ***** with the paint chipping issues. Doesn't look too promising for the Viii's that drop later this year
parts of my midsole are no longer smooth. its taking on this rough texture now in a few parts. this means crazy chipping is about to happen?

I just took mine out of my trunk yesterday and laced them totally forgot about them lol. Might wear them soon now that the hype is dead. they sat for a few weeks

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom