Official: Jordan Retro IV Oreo Thread 2/21/2015 (UPDATES ON PG 1)

a wedding is once in a lifetime (sometimes)
you can handle one night without wearing sneakers and dress like a gentlemen
don't be that guy..

Repped for the display of some class and sense. Absolutely no need to wear jays to everything in your life, especially a wedding. I don't care whether they're Concords, Oreos, Black Cats, or Rising Suns, don't do it.

i didnt even wear shoes at my wedding 
laugh.gif
 went barefoot like that dude on dual survival 

^^^ lol so you had your toes out at your wedding? Really? Was it at the beach? :lol:

Last edited:
His post definitely made me go look at the picture again, like, is my man aware that the MIDSOLE is white? :lol:

If your suit pants cover the midsole of your shoes, then something has gone horribly wrong.

Im assuming he was talking about the labs. Only the rear is white and if your wearing actual suit pants and not cuffed chinos they should actually cover some of that rear midsole.

Man, we went from an Oreo IV thread a few days ago to talking about what we should or shouldn't wear to a wedding. On the topic of wearing the Black 11LAB4's to a wedding, JB really should have pulled off a Black Cat and went all black. It doesn't make much sense for 95% of the shoe to be black and then throw in some white on the heel and part of the midsole :smh:.

Man, we went from an Oreo IV thread a few days ago to talking about what we should or shouldn't wear to a wedding. On the topic of wearing the Black 11LAB4's to a wedding, JB really should have pulled off a Black Cat and went all black. It doesn't make much sense for 95% of the shoe to be black and then throw in some white on the heel and part of the midsole
mean.gif
Its part of the lab series. They have all been hit or miss really, more misses than hits though, but I like that they're not afraid to churn out all different kinds of styles and CWs.

Its part of the lab series. They have all been hit or miss really, more misses than hits though, but I like that they're not afraid to churn out all different kinds of styles and CWs.

I dislike it. We are gonna look back on these last few years in a decade and be like "WOW, JB was really pushing ******** to us" If you aint already

You have a point, the Black/Metallic 3LAB5's were dope even though towards the heel area they threw in some of that Metallic color just like with these Black 11LAB4's have some White. In both cases they aren't make or break situations, but it would be nice if JB is going to start a midsole with a certain color JB should finish the midsole with that color.

[COLOR=#red] @chicagoguy5[/COLOR] i think the 5lab3s, both colorways, are pretty dope (i love 3s). it's just that u have to wear force fields or wearable shoe trees (i personally rock with force fields) because of the instant creasing. i have yet to wear the black pair yet, but i've worn the silvers a handful of times and there's no signs of creasing.

on another note, my late brother wore the og c/w 20s to a formal event and he pulled it off quite well, i thought.

as per the topic at hand, there's only 2 maybe 3 pairs so far this year that are on the absolute must cop list...

1. oreo 4
2. chi 1
3. bred 11 low (IF they have the black sockliner).

that is a MAJOR turnaround from '14 in which case i pretty much copped every pair that released.

[COLOR=#red] @chicagoguy5[/COLOR] i think the 5lab3s, both colorways, are pretty dope (i love 3s). it's just that u have to wear force fields or wearable shoe trees (i personally rock with force fields) because of the instant creasing. i have yet to wear the black pair yet, but i've worn the silvers a handful of times and there's no signs of creasing.

on another note, my late brother wore the og c/w 20s to a formal event and he pulled it off quite well, i thought.

as per the topic at hand, there's only 2 maybe 3 pairs so far this year that are on the absolute must cop list...

1. oreo 4
2. chi 1
3. bred 11 low (IF they have the black sockliner).

that is a MAJOR turnaround from '14 in which case i pretty much copped every pair that released.

I loved both variations of the 5LAB3's, the only reason I didn't cop was because people said they would more than likely crease a lot faster than 3's typically do :smh:, I'm glad they've been good to you though. IMO, the only thing JB messed up on those two pair's was the translucent soles. If they would have had proper solid colored soles (maybe white, same shade of silver, or black outsole for the silver pair and same options for the black pair would have been nice). I'm sorry about your brother, I'm not a fan of the 20 or a lot of the Jordan's after the 14 model, but with that said I do believe there are plenty of Jordan's that can be pulled off nicely at formal event's. For instance, if the 11LAB4's would have been all black then I wouldn't see the issue with wearing them to a formal event. Even though I agree that a wedding is a once in a lifetime moment and you want to look your best (especially when looking back at picture's) it's not about "trying too hard" just because you decide to wear Jordan's instead of formal shoe's to a formal event like a wedding. As for me, I went for almost every pair in 2014 and I'm going for a lot of pair's in 2015 by the looks of it because my collection isn't big like a lot of other NT member's. That being said, even though I am going for a lot of pair's compared to most people, it's strictly pairs I like and will eventually wear and not out of hype.

I dislike it. We are gonna look back on these last few years in a decade and be like "WOW, JB was really pushing ******** to us" If you aint already
But that's the great thing about being us.  They can push whatever the hell they want, and we can choose whether we buy it or not.  I say let them get as creative as they can be and maybe they will eventually drop a gem

But that's the great thing about being us.  They can push whatever the hell they want, and we can choose whether we buy it or not.  I say let them get as creative as they can be and maybe they will eventually drop a gem

Yeh true and I see youre point. Sucks if your into collecting every cw (not me) because that's gonna leave you hurt either way.

OOO-WEEE!!! Them joints is as Cold as Ever.
nthat.gif
nthat.gif
nthat.gif

Sometimes I BS on Ebay looking to scope my next pickup for no reason. I NEED TO CHILL & just wait on these Bad Boys.
mean.gif

Last edited:
Repped for the display of some class and sense. Absolutely no need to wear jays to everything in your life, especially a wedding. I don't care whether they're Concords, Oreos, Black Cats, or Rising Suns, don't do it.
Yall can't be serious! It's his wedding though! I can see if you were the one marrying him. As long as his wife us chill with it, what else should matter!? Your definition of a classy wedding? Nah man. That's just like walking up in someone's home and telling them that they should sit on their sofa when you come over instead on their comfy lazy boy!

Yall can't be serious! It's his wedding though! I can see if you were the one marrying him. As long as his wife us chill with it, what else should matter!? Your definition of a classy wedding? Nah man. That's just like walking up in someone's home and telling them that they should sit on their sofa when you come over instead on their comfy lazy boy!

In the end you're right, as long as his wife doesn't care then it really doesn't matter.

However there are proper and improper ways of dressing for certain events. Weddings, proms, job interviews, funerals, etc. A pair of Jordans to a wedding is most certainly improper. Again though, as its his event he can have it any way he wants.

Back
Top Bottom