***Official-Jordan XII 12 Thread-New Releases***

Best Jordan XII Retro Release of 2016?

• Jordan XII- "Flu Game" (Black/Red)

Votes: 160 60.8%
  • Jordan XII- French Blue

Votes: 49 18.6%
  • Jordan XII- Masters (Black-Rattan/White)

Votes: 21 8.0%
  • Jordan XII- White/Pink GS

Votes: 5 1.9%
  • Jordan XII- Grey/University Blue

Votes: 5 1.9%
  • Jordan XII- Bibby PE (Red/Black)

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Jordan XII- OVO (Black)

Votes: 12 4.6%
  • Jordan XII- OVO (White)

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Jordan XII- 15Lab12 (Black)

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Jordan XII- 15Lab12 (White)

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Jordan XII- Navy/Carolina Blue Suede

Votes: 4 1.5%

• Total voters
**** :nthat:…I’d wear that fit today…

EF700DFD-AFDD-4E30-9D22-D6DE10ED974D.jpeg
A87B4479-AEB8-48B2-BDB1-1EB1DD7081CB.jpeg
3D75BBC6-7B69-4834-8B69-20B3DFFB0EF9.jpeg
As would i, 90s fashion FTW.

People gotta stop the OG comparison as that debate is over,
just enjoy the kicks for what they are. Clean pickup good Sir.

I don't think it's a problem with having expectations with rehashes resembling the originals because we should have standards like that, especially with prices always being higher for the rehashes by default.

I get that we'll never get an exact match with any rehashed shoes in general because these are replicated shoes we're dealing with realistically. Since when does anything replicated come out exactly like the original? Never.

Another reason we'll never get an exact match with rehashed shoes is that the companies will use different materials that are cheaper to reduce overhead and take advantage of the inflation price concept in order to maximize profit.

As long as it's close enough, I'm OK with it. This 2022 version is a good example of close enough for me.

But it will always be unacceptable if rehashed shoes have piss poor quality and bad execution on the finished product.

I despised the 2012 Jordan XII Playoff because of how they revised certain parts of those shoes with colors that didn't exist on the original. That rendered them bootleg to me in my mind.

I don't think it's a problem with having expectations with rehashes resembling the originals because we should have standards like that, especially with prices always being higher for the rehashes by default.

I get that we'll never get an exact match with any rehashed shoes in general because these are replicated shoes we're dealing with realistically. Since when does anything replicated come out exactly like the original? Never.

Another reason we'll never get an exact match with rehashed shoes is that the companies will use different materials that are cheaper to reduce overhead and take advantage of the inflation price concept in order to maximize profit.

As long as it's close enough, I'm OK with it. This 2022 version is a good example of close enough for me.

But it will always be unacceptable if rehashed shoes have piss poor quality and bad execution on the finished product.

I despised the 2012 Jordan XII Playoff because of how they revised certain parts of those shoes with colors that didn't exist on the original. That rendered them bootleg to me in my mind.
Actually like the 2022s looking at them just as the Twenty twenty 2 to date they are the best retro edition. Dont have a pair to say for sure but chiming into the thread and seeing reactions im genuinely happy just to see people enjoying what they get. Improvements are there for sure so OG no but it doesnt actually matter.
To those that it does matter have our OGs, have ran or will get around to running restoration and are good to go. I try to not go out of my way to trash something, if i like it i like it. I dont think any of us care to have this or that cw be trashed publicly that we have invested in.

I admit I got this jersey last September in anticipation of the re-release of the Playoff XII this year. Perhaps getting this jersey was good luck because I was able to get these shoes on reserve via the Foot Locker app last week.

I expect to only wear these shoes strictly with this jersey and hat.
IMG_5959.JPG
IMG_5968.JPG

I got a damn great deal on the jersey too.

Seeing these photos online and the anticipation of these shoes being re-released this year motivated me to get the jersey last September.
97ASGMJ1.jpg
97ASGMJ2.jpg
97ASGMJ3.jpg

I admit I got this jersey last September in anticipation of the re-release of the Playoff XII this year. Perhaps getting this jersey was good luck because I was able to get these shoes on reserve via the Foot Locker app last week.

I expect to only wear these shoes strictly with this jersey and hat.
IMG_5959.JPG
IMG_5968.JPG

I got a damn great deal on the jersey too.

Seeing these photos online and the anticipation of these shoes being re-released this year motivated me to get the jersey last September.
97ASGMJ1.jpg
97ASGMJ2.jpg
97ASGMJ3.jpg
Got to wear the white socks with them too lol

Got to wear the white socks with them too lol

Black socks look dope on shoes, but it’s something about white socks on black based shoes that makes retros look dope. I guess it’s the vintage look

That's exactly the socks I plan to wear! I have a good amount of Hanes & Fruit Of The Loom socks in my possession too since I do go with a neutral look sometimes, meaning no logo on the socks. And my a%$ chose to be bougie going with name brands like those. I also got a damn good deal on them in my own way. 😆

I admit I do emulate what color and cut length of socks Michael Jordan wore with particular signatures by referencing photos online. So that means I'll be wearing white socks with these XII based on those photos. I'll figure out the cut length later on.

Black socks are nice, but they can be played out sometimes. But I do wear black socks that are ankle length with the NBA logo on them whenever I wear the 2019 black/red XI with either the home white or road red Bulls Jordan 1996 NBA Finals jersey because Jordan wore that socks/shoes combo.

That's exactly the socks I plan to wear! I have a good amount of Hanes & Fruit Of The Loom socks in my possession too since I do go with a neutral look sometimes, meaning no logo on the socks. And my a%$ chose to be bougie going with name brands like those. I also got a damn good deal on them in my own way. 😆

I admit I do emulate what color and cut length of socks Michael Jordan wore with particular signatures by referencing photos online. So that means I'll be wearing white socks with these XII based on those photos. I'll figure out the cut length later on.

Black socks are nice, but they can be played out sometimes. But I do wear black socks that are ankle length with the NBA logo on them whenever I wear the 2019 black/red XI with either the home white or road red Bulls Jordan 1996 NBA Finals jersey because Jordan wore that socks/shoes combo.
I thought I was the only one that does that. I have the 1989 Jordan All star jersey and I wear my black/red/cement 4’s just like he wore them that game in 1989. Same for my 1988 all star jersey with the black/cement 3’s. A lot of my early 90’s retro nike and reebok shoes I wear white socks with them during the summer. It just looks so dope lol. From my Air Max2 CB94’s in black and white to my reebok kamikaze 2’s in the OG Sonic’s colorway. That’s how all NBA players wore their shoes in the early 90’s during the playoffs

1647478951103.jpeg

No to Fruit of the Loom

I didn't realize other peeps tend to be meticulous with what socks they wear with particular shoes.

I tend to emulate what Jordan wore by referencing pictures online as I acknowledged.

I thought I was the only one that does that. I have the 1989 Jordan All star jersey and I wear my black/red/cement 4’s just like he wore them that game in 1989. Same for my 1988 all star jersey with the black/cement 3’s. A lot of my early 90’s retro nike and reebok shoes I wear white socks with them during the summer. It just looks so dope lol. From my Air Max2 CB94’s in black and white to my reebok kamikaze 2’s in the OG Sonic’s colorway. That’s how all NBA players wore their shoes in the early 90’s during the playoffs

I like matching a particular jersey with a particular signature shoe myself predicated on year.

White socks were commonly worn in the NBA for so long. It seems like they began wearing black socks in the '90s.

1647478951103.jpeg

No to Fruit of the Loom

It's funny because I did reminisce on Jordan doing commercials for Hanes during the '90s when I was stocking up on Hanes socks and t-shirts during the last few months.

I didn't mind stocking up on Fruit Of The Loom socks as well because I was getting a damn great deal on them along with the Hanes socks.

I just wanted to get bougie with it by having name brands with my undershirts and socks since I am wearing $300 throwback jerseys and identifiable retro sneakers that have a high retail price.

I even stocked up on Jockey Generation t-shirts since they were also a name brand and I was able to get a damn great deal on them too.

Back
Top Bottom