Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Weatherman

• Electric Eel/Easter/Flight

• What The KD7

• Total voters
KD VII came in. I wear a 13 in Jordan, 13 in KD V and VI, 13 in Kobe and 14 in Lebron. Got these in size 13.They fit and look great. I will say I have a very narrow foot. If you have wide feet, these will prob not work for you. Where the strap is could fit real tight for you. For me, I am all in on these. They are VERY comfortable.

Last edited:
You neglected to mention what size you actually got your KD VIIs in
laugh.gif
edited. My bad size 13.

So what's your plan for the KD7? I copped the USAs and am waiting to see what cw will be my second. Holding out hope for a Weatherman because those would look so :smokin: When it's all said and done I see myself copping 3 to 4 pairs.

So what's your plan for the KD7? I copped the USAs and am waiting to see what cw will be my second. Holding out hope for a Weatherman because those would look so :smokin: When it's all said and done I see myself copping 3 to 4 pairs.

6 pair minimum including ids

Can't wait to id some of these and for the new colorways to come. I am def all in on the VII.

The overall comfort is one of the best. Not as comfy as the Kobe 9.

Def better then the KD V and the triangle of death on the top of your foot. Wore the N7 and Easter a lot with laces really loose.

The VII will probably be a better fit then the VI overall. I wear the KD VI N7 constantly and they feel great.

I think for some people  a break in period will be needed for the VII.

Like I said. These are perfect for me and I am def all in. Will prob cop most colorways

cant believe the USAs are sold out everywhere in philly seem like

If your still looking for these I just got them tonight at the Kicks USA on Adams and Rising Sun Ave and they said they had all sizes from 7-14 still available. Their actual address is 501 Adams Ave. 19120

So is there anywhere online that still has these available in a 10.5? Told myself I wasn't gonna sleep on the first release like last year and I still did smh.

I definitely need to try these on for myself. I couldn't rock the IVs because they were so narrow for my flat feet even with sizing up .5. Hoping that these fit a little better.

Aesthetically pleasing in person as it is in pics... On foot though... Classic narrow Awkward KD fit. Going half size up would be too long, and going tts feels a bit too narrow for a wide footer like me. (9.5 in most, 10 in KD 4-6, kobe 4-8, lebron 8-11)

So disappointed... But money saved!

View media item 1054837

Aesthetically pleasing in person as it is in pics... On foot though... Classic narrow Awkward KD fit. Going half size up would be too long, and going tts feels a bit too narrow for a wide footer like me. (9.5 in most, 10 in KD 4-6, kobe 4-8, lebron 8-11)

So disappointed... But money saved!
what size did u try on? I'm a 9.5 in jordans but i get my hooping shoes in a 10(kobe 6,8,kd4) 9.5(kd v, kobe9)

Last edited:
Yo does FNL ever get anything in store? Besides the obvious J's & releases that are on the shelf? Haven't seen the USA joints there

For those with wide feet. These are the first KDs that were comfortable for me. Got the 35K Saturday from NikeDC. Tried the, on over the weekend and had the initial thought of damn these are tight on the instep/forefoot particularly in my left foot. Took them off and had that relieved my feet feel better feeling which is not a good sign for a shoe. Loosened the laces on the bottom and slipped them on again. This time no tightness. Jumped around in them inside and decided to give them a try for ball. Extremely happy I did.

Played pickup tonight on a clean court and that traction was squeaking for 5 games. Perfect. Better or comparable to the Kobe 9 Elite. At first I still had the lower laces looser than stock but as I played the mesh must have adjusted for my wide foot and I was able to tie them tighter 2 times giving me a really secure lockdown feel (didn't notice any help from the strap but it wasn't a negative either). As a tip I found the fit to be better by lacing them up to the top loop.

Cushioning as others said was extremely good. Better than expected and certainly better than playing in lunarlon. Also better than expected was the weight. Felt very light on foot which I prefer. Last thought, got stepped on my toe by someone with dirty shoes but that cleaned right off at home. Got to keep them hot.

Instant first in the rotation and extremely happy with the purchase. TTS was the way to go for me. Size 13 which had me worried because it's not possible to half size up but that wasn't necessary. Both length and width were perfect.

Happy to answer questions for those on the fence about purchasing. The color definitely stands out on court for those that like/dislike loud colors. Sorry for the post length but wanted to be thorough.

@kjparfekt  so would you say it's best that the wide footers go a half size up so the strap locks down with no problems ?  we didn't get them here so i'm just trying to get opinions

my plan was to go up a half size anyway because i usually always do with shoes that have straps

Last edited:
I've never worn Nike's with a strap before but as far as the length true to size was good for me and same with the width. True to size worked out because the mesh in the forefoot seemed to adjust to my foot in the first 30 minutes of playing.

Would 1/2 size up if using for casual wear. Went ahead and ordered a 14. Hopefully it ships and I can see the difference. Had a lot of extra room in the V and VI in size 13. On the VII not as much.

Color me unimpressed with the kdvii. It's not a bad shoe, but given all the tech (mesh forefoot, dynamic flywire, posite heel, 180 max zoom heel and zoom forefoot) I expected a lot more. The traction is beast, definitely comparable to the kobe ixs. However, that's pretty much it for me in terms of pros. The fit is narrow, especially in the midfoot, and combined with the strap it was somewhat painful. I started out by loosening up the laces and readjusting, but it didn't really help much. Sizing up would've meant a sloppy forefoot fit, which is less than ideal with the mesh forefoot that's supposed to give you a more one to one feel. The posite heel felt a little sloppy and I never really felt locked in. Transition was ok, but the thing that sort of killed the shoe for me was the cushioning. The forefoot zoom was not noticeable at all for me, whereas in the kd vi it was much more prominent. It just felt flat and didn't have any responsiveness. The 180 bag in the back is adequate for landings but doesn't really add much. IMO they should've tossed in a larger volume zoom bag in the front, or even better just made it a 360 zoom max bag like in the kd vi elite. Oh well, money saved.

Question regarding sizing / fit of the KD 7. Do they fit just like the KD 6 in terms of length and width? Or are they actually longer? Problem I've had with Nike lately is the inconsistency of sizing. The Kobe 9 Low EM for example to me runs half a size larger then it's predecessor the Kobe 8. Do they run like the new Kobe 9 Lows? Or are they still the same fit as the KD 6? If anyone could give some details on fit for the KD 7 then I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom