**Official Kendrick Lamar Thread 4th Studio Album ''DAMN.''Out Now**

I understand why people get Vinyl, but I just don't get why folks out here still coppin cd's.

kendrick made an album for the real heads :wow:

I'll give props to him for coming out with an album like this at pretty much the peak of his popularity. Powerful stuff.

Last edited:
I'm not surprised at all at the reception this album is getting.

What is it maybe 2 or 3 "Bangin" beats on this joint? That's all music is about these days. And it's nothing wrong with that because times change and that's just how it is.

And I don't think people are dumb if they don't like this album. :lol: This kind of music ain't for everybody and that's fine.

Listened to a few times and it's almost on par with GKMC. They're different projects and two different pieces of art. Like someone else has mentioned, GKMC is a short film and this is a novel. At first I thought a big chunk of the album was gonna be about black empowerment but it goes a lot deeper than that. He touches on a lot of subjects in society like religion, depression, materialism, women and politics.

I also had a feeling "I" was gonna have a big role in the album too. There was no way Kendrick was gonna release that as a single and not have that track have a meaning. It ties the whole album up at the end along with the Pac interview and the poem about the caterpillar and butterfly. It all wraps up beautifully at the end. Most of my friends who don't like this are the ones who listen to trap songs on the daily. They just can't feel this type of music so I don't blame em. To each their own, but this album is a master piece.

I really get annoyed when critics or pundits say "Well this kind of album would have been nice from Kendrick..."

if you want to hear rap talking about ******* blunts and bottles go listen to _________

I think it's wild selfish to say how you want another human being to be as if they're a sim or a pet. This album feels exactly how it should for where dude is in his life and what's happening in society. This isn't a happy time man. This isn't the time to shake your ***. Black men are being killed at an alarming rate by police, other black men, the state, white men who feel like their music is too loud...

**** is ****** up so no, i don't wanna hear any happy records.

I don't wanna hear a rapper STILL rapping about his sub. Still rapping about *******. Still rapping about how great it is to be them. Still rapping about things most people can't afford. It's old and it's misleading and downright harmful to culture and progress. Elitism and all that is so tired.
Take all the reps man. This is too real.

Way too many problems in our society to be spitting "Backseat Freestyle remix". 

"We ain't got time to waste time. ****** gotta make time."

I'm flat out saying this, and in no way trying to offend the opinions of previous posters, but you do not have to be black in order to enjoy this album. :lol:

A lot of the subject matter on the album touched upon by Kendrick are issues being dealt with countless others of all creeds and colors. "**** your ethnicity."

-Drew

As a big time hater on first listen, it's definitely come around some. How much a dollar cost may be the best song he's ever put out IMO.

However, I feel as if the beginning still lacks, and this album isn't on the same plateau as GKMC.

I listened to the album a second time with headphones .... this album is beautiful :smokin

Its not a album you bump in your car and its not music you turn up to its a very thought provoking album

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom