**Official Kendrick Lamar Thread 4th Studio Album ''DAMN.''Out Now**

This track "How Much a Dollar Cost" is one of the best songs I've ever heard. God taking the form of a homeless man to test him. Kendrick realizing his selfishness led him to his fame. Kendrick did a great job illustrating the story. Overall this album is great to me. Its low key a christian album.

Classics do by definition have time constraints but the album is a masterpiece and that's the only thing that's keeping it from being one right now. The album is what it is, 1,2, or 5 years isn't going to change the content.

I thought GKMC was a classic. The storytelling really made it great. But I do think TPAB is a masterpiece too. All I know when I heard Illmatic for the first time I knew it was a classic. I feel the same way about this album. Album is so soulful to me..

Certain albums age better than others though,only time will tell if it's timeless

That's why I think the sound is so important, it's not on some flavor of the month or year steez like snap music, or the Migos flow that damn near everyone has now. Jazz, funk, soul music in itself is timeless and the production on this was top notch.

If anything, I'd rather call it a modern classic. Classics are albums that changed the game in some way. I can't put this on the level of a Straight Outta Compton because this isn't going to change Hip Hop like that did.

Certain albums age better than others though,only time will tell if it's timeless

That's why I think the sound is so important, it's not on some flavor of the month or year steez like snap music, or the Migos flow that damn near everyone has now. Jazz, funk, soul music in itself is timeless and the production on this was top notch.

I agree 100%,I for one applaud the fact that he decided to go with more funk/jazz infused productions. You don't see that too often in a major Hip Hop album anymore,I love that he doesn't shy from taking risks at all. It has all the elements of a timeless album but like I said before,only time will tell. It's looking likely though.

Last edited:

You're right on. This album will be timeless due to the soul/jazzy production. Why Illmatic is still beautiful to listen too.

As a big time hater on first listen, it's definitely come around some. How much a dollar cost may be the best song he's ever put out IMO.

However, I feel as if the beginning still lacks, and this album isn't on the same plateau as GKMC.
Definitely feel this, in comparison to the rest of the album. The first three tracks are probably what put people off. I wasn't expecting that type of sound, and was relieved when I got to Institutionalized. I listened to Wesley's Theory again while looking at the lyrics and damn they are really solid. The beginning is just starting to come around for me. I just can't get over those bubble type sounds 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
People rly weren't feeling Wesley's Theory?

As soon as that beat dropped my body was rdy, bros.

Same :smokin,that funky vibe had me bumping my head right away :lol:. I thought it was a dope intro song. Might also help that I mess with Thudercat heavy.

Dude actually got George Clinton on there though :pimp:

Last edited:
I ****** with the first song jsut for clarification lol. Really wasnt feeling songs 2 up to momma outside of alright.

Also, am I the only one that thinks the 2pac thing was corny?

Last edited:
Yea, you're prob in the minority w/ the pac thing, :lol:

People rly weren't feeling Wesley's Theory?

As soon as that beat dropped my body was rdy, bros.

Same :smokin,that funky vibe had me bumping my head right away :lol:. I thought it was a dope intro song. Might also help that I mess with Thudercat heavy.

Dude actually got George Clinton on there though :pimp:

:lol:

It made me wanna listen to Regulate for some reason.

REGULATOOORS, mount up!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom