Official Kobae XI thread

Pale horse vs Ghost of Christmas past

• Pale Horse

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • GOCP

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
I went the other way around- I've got 7-8 pairs of Boost, from Pure Boosts to the Climaheats, Adios, Rockets, and a D Rose 6.  Been rocking my XI's for the most part when the weather permits.  I'm sure I'll grab some more Kobes when they start popping up in the outlets.

Any of guys have sneakerhead girls?  Been looking for a pair of Eulogies for mine but it looks like Nike only go down to 8 womens (7 mens) and she's a 7.5 women's.  Any ideas?

I would have to agree with you... Not gonna lie tho, when Kobe threw Nick Young's Adidas in the trash I felt some traitor-like vibes in myself... I just keep telling myself Brandon Ingram signing with Adidas makes things right for my boost purchases haha

Yeah, I'm not sure of the history between Kobe and adidas, but I think it was dark when someone who looks up to you comes for an autograph, and that happens. But to be honest, I don't know anywhere near enough to have a informed opinion of that 'incident'.

I wear nike dri fit sweater. Dri fit tank. Dri fit shorts, socks and shoes. I dunno how it happened that all my stuff is Nike. Kinda ******ed but whatever

I wouldn't say that. If you buy something cos you like it, that's all that matters, that's good. Life is all about being happy. It's when you like something but don't get it or share your admiration, that's when the brands have wifed/whipped us.

I love adidas soccer/football tops, dislike Nikes,
But Nike sneakers are head and shoulders above adidas. Even with the boosts and NMDs.
My opinion.

Though they were some adidas Goodyear blue high tops from 2004 I'd pay an arm and a leg for, DS.

Anyway, I'm rambling.

Any of guys have sneakerhead girls?  Been looking for a pair of Eulogies for mine but it looks like Nike only go down to 8 womens (7 mens) and she's a 7.5 women's.  Any ideas?

I had the exact same predicament for the exact same shoe! I ended up getting the boys size for my better half.
But the material isn't Flyknit. It's not amazing. But we're happy.

I had the exact same predicament for the exact same shoe! I ended up getting the boys size for my better half.
 I noticed! It looks kind of like Flyknit but not quite.  Plus no Fly Wire either.  Has the Zoom in the heel if I'm not mistaken but I'm still iffy on whether or not it's worth it.  Thanks for the reply!

My girl just fit the 7 eulogies... I was trying to convince her she needed the kids bc of the price break but she wasnt having it once she saw the difference in materials. Im pretty sure shes swimming a little bit in them but she wouldnt budge haha

View media item 2131595

In my opinion, There is no point whatsoever being biased or loyal to a brand that doesn't give you anything back.

Nike vs Adidas, PS4 vs Xbox, Blah blah blah vs Etc.. None of these brands ever give you anything for your 'loyalty'.

If you like the kicks, and you got the funds, it would be a shame not to get them just cos you're used to a rival brand. a damn shame.

Life's too short. 
Nice one, bro. To me at the moment, it's Kobe XI and Curry 2 (still on the fence on the Curry 2.5).

I like adidas but NOTHING FITS THE SAME! Their shirts, pants, shorts, shoes...doesn't matter, it's always a crap shoot on sizing.

I like adidas but NOTHING FITS THE SAME! Their shirts, pants, shorts, shoes...doesn't matter, it's always a crap shoot on sizing.
True.  I've got 2 pairs of OG Pure Boosts in the same size and they fit differently.  Their clothing has gotten smaller/tighter pretty consistently across the board but I think that's just the trend nowadays.  NBA teams are out there warming up in skinny pants and what not.  Maybe I'm just getting old.

182os9i8vcraijpg.jpg

You mean these joints?

Some of them joints look like roller blades

I sold my ultraboost and pure boost chill joints. I dabbled into a few pairs but I quit adidas after they got cocky with Kanye. I've always been team Nike, just had to test a few of the adidas models out because of the hype.
But adidas is on some f**kboy **** so hard lately I had to quit em all together. Will never buy or rock any adidas sneakers again, and the bball sneakers are ALL trash. They couldn't design a dope bball sneaker if their life depended on it. Wiggins joints are putrid and horrifying to look at. They'll never come close to Nike's level of design and creativity.

I never thought I would go in on a model like I have but this is what I'm rolling with

2x Achilles
2x ASG
2x BHM
2x Eulogy
2x Bruce Lee
2x Easter
1x Tinker
1x Last Emperor
1x ID
Lol. I doubled up on the same colorways except instead of Easters, I doubled up on Parkers. Those must be your top 6 CW of this line.

Kobe was corny for throwing those adidas in the trash. I can understand brand loyalty but don't **** on the models that you happily collected a check for when you was wearing them.

With that being said, I do like the D Rose 7, and the Adidas KB8 will always have a place in my heart since that 97-98 Laker season was so memorable to me.

I think I'm pretty much done with the 11, unless I get the the itch for the Bruce Lee colorway again. Overall the 11 was a dope model.

Last edited:
I sold my ultraboost and pure boost chill joints. I dabbled into a few pairs but I quit adidas after they got cocky with Kanye. I've always been team Nike, just had to test a few of the adidas models out because of the hype.
But adidas is on some f**kboy **** so hard lately I had to quit em all together. Will never buy or rock any adidas sneakers again, and the bball sneakers are ALL trash. They couldn't design a dope bball sneaker if their life depended on it. Wiggins joints are putrid and horrifying to look at. They'll never come close to Nike's level of design and creativity.
You didn't like the Ultraboost? Everyone says they're the most comfortable ever

Kobe was corny for throwing those adidas in the trash. I can understand brand loyalty but don't **** on the models that you happily collected a check for when you was wearing them.

With that being said, I do like the D Rose 7, and the Adidas KB8 will always have a place in my heart since that 97-98 Laker season was so memorable to me.

I think I'm pretty much done with the 11, unless I get the the itch for the Bruce Lee colorway again. Overall the 11 was a dope model.
Adidas wasn't loyal to him and didn't stick by his side when he went through some adversity. Kobe is the kind of guy who doesn't forget any slights or any wrongdoing towards him. I don't think it was really due to brand loyalty. Throw in the fact that he probably isn't able to sign Adidas shoes, it led to them going straight to the trash. This is just my take on it.
Lol. I doubled up on the same colorways except instead of Easters, I doubled up on Parkers. Those must be your top 6 CW of this line.
Nice! Those pretty much are my top 5, I just have been picking up CW's as they come onto discount. Easters are a very underrated cw but I honestly only have two because I picked up for $110 each. Outside of Tinker, ID, and BHM ive been able to scoop all for below $130.

I can hardly wait to get parkers from NDC, just waiting for that discount!!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom