Official Kobae XI thread

Pale horse vs Ghost of Christmas past

• Pale Horse

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • GOCP

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
Does anyone know a good way to get rid of excess glue on the flyknit. The right shoe has remnants right in the middle of the toe box just below the XI
I've very carefully used a razor blade and some tweezers before, and sometimes a thin (thinner than a credit card, but similar shape) backboard on which I wedge under the glue and above the flyknit, in order to cut the glue with the razor blade, whilst avoiding cutting the flyknit.

I'm sure someone has a better idea though.

I've very carefully used a razor blade and some tweezers before, and sometimes a thin (thinner than a credit card, but similar shape) backboard on which I wedge under the glue and above the flyknit, in order to cut the glue with the razor blade, whilst avoiding cutting the flyknit.
I'm sure someone has a better idea though.
Very nice. Are you a plastic surgeon? Sounds like surgery by using forceps and blade. I have a feeling it won't come out right if I try that method since I have Parkinson's.

Very nice. Are you a plastic surgeon? Sounds like surgery by using forceps and blade. I have a feeling it won't come out right if I try that method since I have Parkinson's.
I'd be happy to do it for you, but shipping might sting us a bit. 

The glue is quite stretchy, so if you pull and slice, you may be able to get off quite a bit without getting close to the shoe.

seriously though. I'd be happy to do it for you.

Then again, if you have any friends or family in the medical profession, they'd do a much better job than I would. Heck, if you had a sloshed St Bernard it'd probably still do a better job than me.

All the best though.

I'd be happy to do it for you, but shipping might sting us a bit. 
The glue is quite stretchy, so if you pull and slice, you may be able to get off quite a bit without getting close to the shoe.
seriously though. I'd be happy to do it for you.

Then again, if you have any friends or family in the medical profession, they'd do a much better job than I would. Heck, if you had a sloshed St Bernard it'd probably still do a better job than me.

All the best though.
Repped! View media item 2182940 Thanks for the tip. I did exactly as you said. The hardest part was getting the glue to stretch since it was really stuck to the flyknit. Once it is detached then it stretches a good amount so it's easier to excise. Perfect is the enemy of good. I didn't want to tinker with it any longer and slice the flyknit or TPU by accident.

Grinch Shirt now on NDC
200.gif

Well according NYC757 old posting there are 4 elites that we have not seen yet:

822463-334 = LIQUID LIME/DARK OBSIDIAN/LIQUID LIME

822463-443 = BLUE TINT/GLOW/SQUADRON BLUE

822675-070 = BLACK/BLACK/METALLIC GOLD

822675-100 = WHITE/BLACK/BLACK

Liquid lime, is that a color for the grinch?

Would be nice if NYC returned to the community here.  NYC's contributions are sorely missed.

Last edited:
Would be nice if NYC returned to the community here.  NYC's contributions are sorely missed.
@NYC757
He shows his face in other threads just not this one He's the hero The Kobe thread deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.
tumblr_mdlifrVeO21rogb13o2_500.gif

Last edited:
This year's 'Grinch' will probably be EMs. :smh:

Bro Christmas won't be the same. all these irrelevant Christmas Kobes gonna start coming out. I'm gonna miss the days when Kobe would actually rock these in game on christmas day (and sometimes during regular season games). :pimp:

Kobe has not rocked a Christmas released shoe since the 8s.

Would be cool to see a reverse grinch with bright crimson and volt, but I'm hoping for an Elite version (GR not iD) of the Grinch like what they did with the X iDs last year.

@NYC757
He shows his face in other threads just not this one He's the hero The Kobe thread deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.
tumblr_mdlifrVeO21rogb13o2_500.gif
Yup...and he's still helping people.  I used his info in the Flyknit Racer thread to make a decision regarding pulling the trigger on the Blackout Racers.  And of course, his info was correct, as usual.

Back
Top Bottom