Official Kobae XI thread

Pale horse vs Ghost of Christmas past

• Pale Horse

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • GOCP

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters

Everything I've posted comes from his information posted almost a year ago. The 5 4KB's are in a different post. I've quoted that before also.

With that said multiple blogs/sites are reporting another shoe he didn't post.

11/11/16 Kobe 11 ALT 880463-079 tumbled gray/metallic-gold/multi-color
880463-079

Those look destined to hit the outlets immediately. Probably the back rack where they'll be sitting until they get sent to a Marshalls or TJ Maxx for $39.99.

I like those icons reminds me of the old alpha project stuff. I'll purchase a pair maybe 2 just to see what it would look like without the shroud.

I feel lost...I really don't like the AD and the XI is coming to an end
frown.gif

frown.gif
Im right there with you. Its kinda weird to not be looking forward to a sneaker release. Im gonna take this opportunity to save money and selectively pick up some more 9's. 

I still want the master of innovations but i dont want to pay for them lol.

Im right there with you. Its kinda weird to not be looking forward to a sneaker release. Im gonna take this opportunity to save money and selectively pick up some more 9's. 

I still want the master of innovations but i dont want to pay for them lol.
The Master of Innovations are on sale on NDC and were on clearance discount ($104.97) a couple weeks ago.  Combined that with additional cashback, free gift cards, discount codes, etc. and I got my pair for $18.40 shipped.  Funny thing is that I love the XI and the MoI is by far the best "out of the box and straight to the court" performer that I got.  

Anyone know how FTL works when it comes to sales? Want to grab a pair of Mambacurials, but ideally would like to pay $99 like they were a couple weeks ago. Is there a pattern, or is it a one time thing?

frown.gif
Yup.  And it's a downer seeing what little activity there is in the AD thread.  I've been lurking on here since the 6s, and it's never been this quiet 2 sneakers into a new Kobe release.  Seems like there are a lot of Kobe-heads (sorry for lack of a better term) that just aren't getting into the ADs like they did all the other releases.  Maybe if they release a FK HTM or something things will change, but otherwise...

Like some others have stated, I'm going to start going back and filling holes (6s, 7s, 8s & 9s) in my collection unless they drop some retros.

Reminds me of what happened when MJ retired.  Some people had no appetite for new models, but wanted another shot at past ones they missed.

Last edited:
Yup.  And it's a downer seeing what little activity there is in the AD thread.  I've been lurking on here since the 6s, and it's never been this quiet 2 sneakers into a new Kobe release.  Seems like there are a lot of Kobe-heads (sorry for lack of a better term) that just aren't getting into the ADs like they did all the other releases.  Maybe if they release a FK HTM or something things will change, but otherwise...

Like some others have stated, I'm going to start going back and filling holes (6s, 7s, 8s & 9s) in my collection unless they drop some retros.

I'm a little older than some on here, and the same thing kinda happen when MJ retired.  Some people had no appetite for new models, but wanted another shot at past ones they missed.

I don't think Flyknit could make me want the AD's. They're just really unappealing to me. The fact that Kobe isn't playing in them doesn't matter to me personally. I just like how the 11's look. The fact that when the AD's pictures leaked people thought they were the new team shoe speaks volumes. The Jordan 15 might not be the most loved Jordan, but it looks like it belongs in the evolution of the line.

I'm a little older than some on here, and the same thing kinda happen when MJ retired.  Some people had no appetite for new models, but wanted another shot at past ones they missed.
Next year would be the perfect time to start releasing retros. I really want some 8's

Anybody like the Mamba Instinct aka Mentality 3?

Same sole as the 11. Full-length Lunar midsole. Woven upper.
Sure would.  I'm a relative newb to Kobes (jumped on the bandwagon on the XIs) but honestly none of them have appealed to me like the XIs have.  Aesthetically, technologically (although I haven't tried the full length zooms), and historically.  These look pretty close, and if they're truly the same sole as the XIs then we should be able to slide in our half zoom/full zoom insoles if the full Lunar isn't all it's cracked out to be.

Still upset over Nike releasing The Ghost of Christmas Past as the holiday shoe.
mean.gif
Seems like the multicolor 'Glove' might be kinda taking the spot that's usually reserved for the 'What The.'   Some people might be double-upset at how the 11 is closing things out.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom