Official Kobae XI thread

Pale horse vs Ghost of Christmas past

• Pale Horse

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • GOCP

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters

Anyone else with wide and flat feet try these yet? I haven't had a chance to go to a store yet and see if they are worth doing an ID purchase on ndc for myself. 

i'd like to know as well...i'm usually a sz12 but rock the 12.5 for the kobe 9 em... #teamwidefeet

For me it felt more narrow and longer. I'm going to have to sit out on these XI's. So i just have to enjoy the pics on this thread.

Last edited:
I had to try on before making a pair on ID. For kobes V-IX I was a size 11. The X I was a size 10, and for the XI I found a size 10 fit me. This model seems a little longer. My feet tend to be on the wide/flat side. The XI's felt extremely light after playing/training in the IX's for awhile now (was not really a fan of the X).

hello guys, I ordered a Kobe XI on 11 nike and I'm waiting for arrives. in the meantime I wanted to take the kobe XI id, but are undecided on the size, on the kobe X recently took a size 9 because it was more comfortable, you recommended to always take a size 9 (i take this size for achille heels) ? who took the shoe can confirm that the Kobe XI fits like the Kobe X? thank you

A lot of people are harping on sizing, undoubtably so. If they're the a little bit long and will most certainly stretch like that one guy who played in his "Achilles" I think half size down will be best bet. Even if it's tight at first it'll good later down

So is Nike going to keep making kobes? Or are we in the last days here?
I thought there was talk that his line will continue.

Can't personally see myself being as interested when Kobe won't be playing in them. His shoes usually take into consideration things from his tendencies and experiences, so what difference will that make going forward if he's not going to be playing in them. I think they'll lose that personal touch for him.

A lot of people are harping on sizing, undoubtably so. If they're the a little bit long and will most certainly stretch like that one guy who played in his "Achilles" I think half size down will be best bet. Even if it's tight at first it'll good later down
I went half size down from the X's and they are perfect so far, but I like a tight fit, and everyone's feet/fit is different.  

Last edited:
Someone help! Lol I'm ready to order today but REALLLLY stuck on sizing...all my Kobes are a comfy 11.5, these, I tried on an 11 and it felt ok...11.5 felt roomy, I know the fit doesn't matter until you've had the shoes for a while, helppp lol

Someone help! Lol I'm ready to order today but REALLLLY stuck on sizing...all my Kobes are a comfy 11.5, these, I tried on an 11 and it felt ok...11.5 felt roomy, I know the fit doesn't matter until you've had the shoes for a while, helppp lol
Not sure where you're ordering from, but if it's Nike, you can take advantage of their 30 day return policy to see how they fit/feel after 3-4 weeks then return/exchange if need be.

There was a picture posted recently that showed a significant stretch of the flyknit after they were worn for a while.

So is Nike going to keep making kobes? Or are we in the last days here?
I believe it will keep going, would be dumb not to.  Also on the press day for the XI Kobe did an interview with Rappler where he mentions their working on the XII right now.  Around the 1:30 mark

http://www.rappler.com/sports/by-sport/basketball/116000-live-exclusive-interview-lakers-kobe-bryant

Plus everything Nike has stated is that these are Kobe's last "on-court" shoe; which with that phrasing indicates they plan on continuing producing Kobe shoes

I thought there was talk that his line will continue.

Can't personally see myself being as interested when Kobe won't be playing in them. His shoes usually take into consideration things from his tendencies and experiences, so what difference will that make going forward if he's not going to be playing in them. I think they'll lose that personal touch for him.
I don't know if the personal touch will go away. If anything it could improve because he will have more time to work with Nike on the shoe. I can't remember the interview but he mentions how after he retires he's looking forward to being more hands on with the design and development process with the extra time he will have. 

Last edited:
Not sure where you're ordering from, but if it's Nike, you can take advantage of their 30 day return policy to see how they fit/feel after 3-4 weeks then return/exchange if need be.

Nike iD's.

Nike iD's.
Nike ID has same 30 day test period:

"Most Nike.com (including NIKEiD) purchases can be returned for any reason within 30 days of the shipping date. After 30 days, you can still return your Nike.com purchase for a full refund as long as it hasn't been used. Some restrictions apply."

I don't know if the personal touch will go away. If anything it could improve because he will have more time to work with Nike on the shoe. I can't remember the interview but he mentions how after he retires he's looking forward to being more hands on with the design and development process with the extra time he will have. 
Yea I just feel like it loses something (to me at least) when we won't see Kobe wearing them on the court. I'm sure they'll still be worn plenty by other players like D'Angelo, etc. I knew I'd be all-in on the XI knowing it was Kobe's last shoe as a player, I'll probably take a step back for the XII though, but I'll wait to see how it all turns out.

I think what we may see is what happened to the Jordan line after he retired. It will continue long after retirement but won't be as iconic. People don't go crazy to get a Jordan 19 retro or 24 etc. It's basically 1-14 (except the 9s, the one shoe Jordan didn't wear on court. I think Kobe's will still be popular, at least for a while though, it just won't be at the same level as when he wore them. Additionally, new stars will emerge with a similar cultural impact as Kobe and come out with iconic shoes themselves. I'm sure though that they'll release retros of Kobes that he wore on court and the thirst will be strong. Could you imagine what would happen if a Kobe 6 Grinch retro released or a WTK 8, or an MP 9?

Kobe's shoe legacy will live on for many years.

Last edited:
My advice (which you can absolutely take or leave) is that especially if you'll play in them, I would go with the size that is a little more snug if the toe length at the end won't be an issue.  This flyknit should break in and soften up a bit.  

Always go bigger, IMO.

But in your own words, 11 was "okay." What's the rush? IDs just started two days ago.

If these are actually for hooping, I agree with iks mod.

Last edited:

Bro if the 11.5 already felt roomy and they have yet to even stretch or break in, they will be huge on you. Use your head lol

Torn between buying a size 10, the size I've been wearing for quite some time now (retros, kds, foams, etc) or a size 9.5. Usually size 10 fits but on occasion on some models it will be in the tighter side. Tried the size 10 Achilles heel on and it fit nicely, but I felt that if I wore them with the laces spaghettified I run the risk of my heels possibly slipping out the shoe if I ran from the police or something (very possible scenario in today's society even though I'm a good person). I also tried the 9.5 on and it was a bit snug but definitely could work. Like if the store only had a 9.5 left I'd have been alright but the store has 3 size runs. After dude posted pics of his pair sort of stretched out after playing maybe the 9.5 is the right way to go? Think what I'll do is wear a pair of elite socks and try on the 10s again. See where I'm at and then go from there. Only reason why I'm stuck on the fence is that I can't return later. Thanks for being my sneaker diary just now NT.

Last edited:
Torn between buying a size 10, the size I've been wearing for quite some time now (retros, kds, foams, etc) or a size 9.5. Usually size 10 fits but on occasion on some models it will be in the tighter side. Tried the size 10 Achilles heel on and it fit nicely, but I felt that if I wore them with the laces spaghettified I run the risk of my heels possibly slipping out the shoe if I ran from the police or something (very possible scenario in today's society even though I'm a good person). I also tried the 9.5 on and it was a bit snug but definitely could work. Like if the store only had a 9.5 left I'd have been alright but the store has 3 size runs. After dude posted pics of his pair sort of stretched out after playing maybe the 9.5 is the right way to go? Think what I'll do is wear a pair of elite socks and try on the 10s again. See where I'm at and then go from there. Only reason why I'm stuck on the fence is that I can't return later. Thanks for being my sneaker diary just now NT.
If you can wear low tops unlaced and not slip out of them, you're not wearing the right size for your foot (in terms of podiatry).

You can always work around a bigger shoe (socks, TIE THE SHOES, runners loop, heel pads, etc.) but a small shoe will just hurt your foot. You're fretting over a 1/2 size, which is about 1/8 of an inch.

And I'm not trying to sound mean or cynical...I can't stand shoes that don't fit just right, and as a big footer I don't even have the luxury of half-sizes. I can sympathize.

Just got these delivered
 In a perfect world there would be a New Order stormtrooper helmet on the back of that shoe
smokin.gif

Back
Top Bottom