Official Kobae XI thread

Pale horse vs Ghost of Christmas past

• Pale Horse

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • GOCP

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
My dude

Tell me u did not sell the MPs(Booker T voice)
Yep LIKE a dummy, they will be mine again though
I think it's better with just one model so there are not a lot of crappy CWs.
Totally disagree (obviously) I think the 9 did a great job of balancing both.  I just feel like the IX changed the game a little bit and I think the 11 is the proper evolution of what the IX started.  The ten is the horrible middle movie in a trilogy.  GIVE ME HIGHS NIKE

How so? Just curious, I liked the improvements they made to the X high after the IX, regardless of aesthetic opinions (so talking the tongues not flopping, less padding in the collar, doing away with the ankle gusset, more flyknit in the collar compared to neoprene/the graphic panels, etc.).
I am speaking straight aesthetically, also the ankle collar on the X felt terrible to the touch compared to the IX.  The midsole looked cheap, pretty much all around it didn't LOOK like a high quality shoe compared to some CW's from the 9.  My opinion of course....

I tried on a pair today... Went with a 12 and the fit was perfect. In the 9's i need a 12.5 same with iv and v..

Yep LIKE a dummy, they will be mine again though

Totally disagree (obviously) I think the 9 did a great job of balancing both.  I just feel like the IX changed the game a little bit and I think the 11 is the proper evolution of what the IX started.  The ten is the horrible middle movie in a trilogy.  GIVE ME HIGHS NIKE

Good luck with finding those again broheem

I still have my Perspectives and will not do away with those puppies

I am speaking straight aesthetically, also the ankle collar on the X felt terrible to the touch compared to the IX.  The midsole looked cheap, pretty much all around it didn't LOOK like a high quality shoe compared to some CW's from the 9.  My opinion of course....
Gotcha. I have far more IX highs than X's, but they released more, but even as a straight % issue, I picked up 50% of the X highs (the first 3), and well over that with the IX's (I think the only IX highs I didn't get were Perspective/Victory/Showtime/Hero). So yeah, I agree there were CW "issues" with the X's.

Well...

I think if they just kept it to 2 models it'd be ok

Do away with any thought of a Mid EXT period and just focus on a handful of really nice high and low elite CWs would be fine with me

That would be fine just elite lows and when playoffs come around drop the highs.

That would be fine just elite lows and when playoffs come around drop the highs.

Precisely

BUT..With the way Kobe's Achilles keeps bothering him lately...

I dont see why Nike doesnt make a high..

Although the highs were allegedly in design before he got hurt and they allegedly served no purpose as for protecting the Achilles..

I'd still design a high for the man if I was Nike..Just becuz..

one does not just get rid of the exts
I was waiting to see if you'd weigh in on that one....
wink.gif

Precisely

BUT..With the way Kobe's Achilles keeps bothering him lately...

I dont see why Nike doesnt make a high..

Although the highs were allegedly in design before he got hurt and they allegedly served no purpose as for protecting the Achilles..

I'd still design a high for the man if I was Nike..Just becuz..
True -- in design before the injury, just crazy coincidence

Though I can do without them, I get the appeal of the highs

Last edited:

Lol

I can't say I've liked ANY of the EXTs thats ever been released

I guess I'd have to be high in fashion to appreciate those

I agree. Blue toe makes the shoe IMO.

I mean the blue is beautiful, no doubt

But that black/MC flyknit just kills it

Just imagine that thing in a high

TPG I wonder if u could make a mockup of that PS high BHM or would u need a high model to start with

Last edited:
The EXTs have all been garbage and really useless, sans maybe the snakeskin 8s and those red ones. The XIs would gave been amazing as a high, but alas. BHMs definitely robocopped.

Just got my jacket delivered, really loving it. Its a lot thicker than I thought it'd be, the shozoku is a textured rubber (I thought it was just embroidery). Fit is perfect for TTS, I was almost anticipating having to size up, but if you like your clothes a little looser, it might be wise. The outer material almost reminds me of the NFL KO Chain Sideline hoodies (only cuz I'm wearing mine right now). I got mine from NDC, and thought maybe I should return it and order it from FTL with a coupon code, but I'm too impatient to wait around, I'll keep this one.
Nice, I don't like it loose, any chance to take pics with you wearing it? Btw I signed up with ebates, thanks for that. FTL for this is on back ordered now.

Lol

I can't say I've liked ANY of the EXTs thats ever been released

I guess I'd have to be high in fashion to appreciate those
I agree. Blue toe makes the shoe IMO.
I mean the blue is beautiful, no doubt

But that black/MC flyknit just kills it

Just imagine that thing in a high

TPG I wonder if u could make a mockup of that PS high BHM or would u need a high model to start with
it's not necessarily high fashion, unless you count the highs (ba dum tish) but i just prefer exts simple because of materials being diff(most the time, don't know what happened on the X or KD8s so far) and i normally don't have anything like them which makes them super unique, i still need to pick up a flyknit kobe, but i for the most part either am not happy with the model design or the cws, i want the perfect flyknit and i think i missed out by not id on the X bcuz i'm stupid

The EXTs have all been garbage and really useless, sans maybe the snakeskin 8s and those red ones. The XIs would gave been amazing as a high, but alas. BHMs definitely robocopped.
please explain why you feel they're garbage except for the 8s which are towards the bottom of my list, i didn't even pick up the red yots 8s, i did grab the 2k4 yots that have a nice ext vibe to them though, the 9s were great with lots of variety in materials, the Xs had a great shape and better comfortability than the 9s and 8s IMHO they just aren't as varied as the 9s which is why i'll only end up with 4 total instead of all 6

Made some PS's wanted to see what different multicolor options with the BHM pattern would look like. Put them in the Spoiler so I didn't fill the thread with shoes that won't be made.
Always have wanted them to make a green/blue MC colorway

Raptors PE for Demar Derozan 

Draft Day/Hornets

Del Sol-ish

Spurs

Bulls

Think Pink/Mambacurial 

Made some PS's wanted to see what different multicolor options with the BHM pattern would look like. Put them in the Spoiler so I didn't fill the thread with shoes that won't be made.
Nice work! My wallet exhausts a sigh of relief, I'm not sure which of those I'd pass on, they're all great.

They are lazy design wise, materials are bad and really don't bring anything to the main line. At least the 8s were in the same silhouette as just with the suede and "snakeskin". The rest of these wanna be high fashion attempts just look stupid to be honest, and often are overpriced see the 9s.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom